Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quanterus Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably get slated for this, but I didn't think he was all that great against Alabama having seen the game. He certainly wasn't a consistent threat in terms of pressures, although Western Kentucky didn't force many 3rd and longs.

MUFC OK
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had surgery in early december which will put him 8 to 8 1/2 months out by TC. No need to rush this guy.

Let's remember he played at W Kentucky and for the most part inferior competition. Good prospect, but let's not act like the kid is blue chip or something.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
He had surgery in early december which will put him 8 to 8 1/2 months out by TC. No need to rush this guy.

Let's remember he played at W Kentucky and for the most part inferior competition. Good prospect, but let's not act like the kid is blue chip or something.

Agreed. By no means is he a blue chip prospect, but he's definitely intriguing with good upside. That's why I was stoked about the pick personally.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
He'll be eased into everything, I'm sure, but I don't think the idea of him being on the roster come Week 1 is that ridiculous honestly. I think PUP is an option, but to act like it's absurd that a guy who would be ~8.5 months removed from the surgery by the time TC starts would make the roster is a bit shortsighted.

Not quite sure how you come up with the 8.5 months.

Lets look at the off season schedule:

1) May 10-12 - Rookie minicamp. Both drafted and undrafted rookies report with three days of practice.
Q will be unable to participate physically.

2) May 20-22, May 29-31, June 3-6 - Phase Three - Organized Team Activities (OTAs). Helmets on, no pads, no contact, but team drills are allowed.
Q still not able to participate.

3) June 11-13 - Mandatory minicamp. Two-a-day, required practices. No contact, no pads.
Again, Q unlikely to participate. He would be right at the 6 month mark after mandatory mini-camp.

4) Training Camp Schedule - Mandatory - To Be Announced. Usually begins in late July and runs through mid-August.
End of July would put Q's recovery at just over 7 months not 8.5 months. Let's keep our fingers crossed, he will be ready. As I said, I don't see it but I hope I am wrong.

Didn't he tear it in November? That's what I thought I read. If that's the case, then the end of July would be around 8.5 months give or take. I may have the date wrong though.

He tore it end of November. I believe he had surgery 2nd week of December. So by mid July, he is at 7 months post surgery.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
He'll be eased into everything, I'm sure, but I don't think the idea of him being on the roster come Week 1 is that ridiculous honestly. I think PUP is an option, but to act like it's absurd that a guy who would be ~8.5 months removed from the surgery by the time TC starts would make the roster is a bit shortsighted.

Not quite sure how you come up with the 8.5 months.

Lets look at the off season schedule:

1) May 10-12 - Rookie minicamp. Both drafted and undrafted rookies report with three days of practice.
Q will be unable to participate physically.

2) May 20-22, May 29-31, June 3-6 - Phase Three - Organized Team Activities (OTAs). Helmets on, no pads, no contact, but team drills are allowed.
Q still not able to participate.

3) June 11-13 - Mandatory minicamp. Two-a-day, required practices. No contact, no pads.
Again, Q unlikely to participate. He would be right at the 6 month mark after mandatory mini-camp.

4) Training Camp Schedule - Mandatory - To Be Announced. Usually begins in late July and runs through mid-August.
End of July would put Q's recovery at just over 7 months not 8.5 months. Let's keep our fingers crossed, he will be ready. As I said, I don't see it but I hope I am wrong.

Didn't he tear it in November? That's what I thought I read. If that's the case, then the end of July would be around 8.5 months give or take. I may have the date wrong though.

He tore it end of November. I believe he had surgery 2nd week of December. So by mid July, he is at 7 months post surgery.

My bad then. Yeah that's gonna be pushing it I suppose, although guys have come back fairly quick from the surgery, and if he and the team feel he'll be ready than more power to him.

Regardless, his effect will be muted Year 1, healthy or not.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I will probably get slated for this, but I didn't think he was all that great against Alabama having seen the game. He certainly wasn't a consistent threat in terms of pressures, although Western Kentucky didn't force many 3rd and longs.

I re-watched the game last week...

Alabama dominated WKU at the LOS. They were getting 8-12 yards a carry consistently. In terms of playing to Q's strength, that didnt help at all. He did show, that like Doom, hes pretty useless against the run.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Alabama dominated WKU at the LOS. They were getting 8-12 yards a carry consistently. In terms of playing to Q's strength, that didnt help at all. He did show, that like Doom, hes pretty useless against the run.

Yeh. I mean the size differential between him and those Alabama OT's is rather striking, especially for an every down DE. I did like the sack when he dipped under and around Fluker; that was nice.

After googling him I feel kind of stupid for saying this, but that TJ Yeldon kid is just ridiculous ...

MUFC OK
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Yeh. I mean the size differential between him and those Alabama OT's is rather striking, especially for an every down DE. I did like the sack when he dipped under and around Fluker; that was nice.

After googling him I feel kind of stupid for saying this, but that TJ Yeldon kid is just ridiculous ...

Yeah I think Yeldon is gonna take over the world next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Hes certainly impressive. And to think, he was committed to Auburn his entire HS career until signing day. Oh what could have been...

He literally ran past Fluker multiple times that game. IMO Fluker is a bust at RT. Too slow of feet and doesnt move well laterally. Wait till Von matches up against him. It'll be a joy to watch.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Hes certainly impressive. And to think, he was committed to Auburn his entire HS career until signing day. Oh what could have been...

He literally ran past Fluker multiple times that game. IMO Fluker is a bust at RT. Too slow of feet and doesnt move well laterally. Wait till Von matches up against him. It'll be a joy to watch.

Fluker is going to get trashed by Von. Fluker is a guard. I laugh at some who actually thought he could play LT.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to put this, but being it's concerning our DE's..........

Looks like Mr Ayers realizes this is chance to shine. Make it so #1 Wink

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23202216/robert-ayers-rush-shine-denver-broncos
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll be fine on the front 4. The positions that scare me is MLB depth and S depth.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Meet-Quanteras-Smith/f2f1bb4e-fa9d-432c-9835-f71b89d5ee29

Here's a video of Quanterus Smith addressing his current situation.

(Yes their Official website misspelled his name) Laughing
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Meet-Quanteras-Smith/f2f1bb4e-fa9d-432c-9835-f71b89d5ee29

Doesn't really come off as the nicest guy in the world, haha.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:

Doesn't really come off as the nicest guy in the world, haha.

Good. Lawrence Taylor wasn't very nice either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: