Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign former Falcons RT Tyson Clabo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I look at it like this....the team goes into next season with 2 pro-bowlers, one who was snubbed and strong position battles at the other two positions each with guy who started last season.

Martin----Incognito-----Pouncey-----Position Battle------Clabo

Should be very solid....

What do you think of:

Martin / Thomas / Pouncey / Incognito / Clabo

Truth be told, i never liked Incognito. Hard Knocks made it worse. He comes off as a bully. I can't wait til his Dolphin days are over.

A rookie next to Martin is a recipe for disaster. Leave Incognito at LG. After this season he is a FA so if Thomas came along well let him walk and Thomas can start next season.

Louis probably won't be fully recovered to start the season so odds are Jerry is our RG.

I for one would love to see Incognito replaced & I hope it's an overwhelming takeover by our 3rd pk Thomas. But in the meantime I think CD is right, placing Thomas next to Martin is asking for trouble.

sug
SUG

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No choice but to root & support J. Martin from here on out.
May the Teal Gods watch over him.

sug
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

sug

I concur. I've been critical of Martin, but I'm also cheering for him to be a great LT.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

I concur. I've been critical of Martin, but I'm also cheering for him to be a great LT.

Three things most important to the long term future of this franchise...

1. Development of Tannehill as a top 10 QB in the NFL!

2. Development of Jordan as a top 10 pass rusher in the NFL eventually

3. Development of Martin as at least an average or better LT in the NFL

If those things happen, then Miami will be in a VERY good position going forward, cause that is the elite positions where it is the hardest to find good people and the most expensive. If those positions are solidified, then you can start to draft BPA more often, or take guys like Cooper in round one that is a almost guaranteed Pro Bowler at a position that isn't as valuable. Or you let Soliai walk and draft an elite DT in the first round. Or you go ahead and draft one of the elite pass rushers coming out next year for the future Wake replacement. It leaves you lots of options when you have those 3 cornerstones covered.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Three things most important to the long term future of this franchise...
1. Development of Tannehill as a top 10 QB in the NFL!

2. Development of Jordan as a top 10 pass rusher in the NFL eventually

3. Development of Martin as at least an average or better LT in the NFL

If those things happen, then Miami will be in a VERY good position going forward, cause that is the elite positions where it is the hardest to find good people and the most expensive. If those positions are solidified, then you can start to draft BPA more often, or take guys like Cooper in round one that is a almost guaranteed Pro Bowler at a position that isn't as valuable. Or you let Soliai walk and draft an elite DT in the first round. Or you go ahead and draft one of the elite pass rushers coming out next year for the future Wake replacement. It leaves you lots of options when you have those 3 cornerstones covered.

Well I have to agree with the overall assesment of the 3 key issues in point.
But my main concern this offseason was the franchises ovrrall focus of the LT position.

Put it this way ... I have way more confidence in Tannehills skillset than I do in Martins yet I feel the LTs position to be the platform for the success of the passing GM.

Thats why I said it wad the most IMO position for us to address this offseason beyond WR.

sug
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
For bookkeeping purposes, Tyson Clabo got a 1-yr deal worth $3.5M. That's $1M guaranteed and $2.5M base salary.

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/statuses/332198385702535168
Tom Brady Tribute
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
For bookkeeping purposes, Tyson Clabo got a 1-yr deal worth $3.5M. That's $1M guaranteed and $2.5M base salary.

What does that leave us in cap space?
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Just enough to sign the rookies until June first when we get money back from the cutting of Dansby and Burnett

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Just enough to sign the rookies until June first when we get money back from the cutting of Dansby and Burnett

I think the team will go into the season with a little over 10 million available.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

I think the team will go into the season with a little over 10 million available.

Which means we can either take advantage of an acorn, use it to resign a player to a long term extension, or just push it into next offseason.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Which means we can either take advantage of an acorn, use it to resign a player to a long term extension, or just push it into next offseason.

Push into next off-season....Cover part of that Wallace pay bump...

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it to roll the dice and assume that jones is going to be a monster again this year.
-get the man locked up, we never hit in the back of the draft and jones will be somebody dolphins fans always remember.

He's like a linebacker that is improving his ball skills. The man just goes out every Sunday and balls. It's that simple. And I know everyone wants to see it done twice before we give him the deal but if we wait till he does it twice he's going to end up following Sean smith.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IbleedMiamiAqua wrote:
I use it to roll the dice and assume that jones is going to be a monster again this year.
-get the man locked up, we never hit in the back of the draft and jones will be somebody dolphins fans always remember.

He's like a linebacker that is improving his ball skills. The man just goes out every Sunday and balls. It's that simple. And I know everyone wants to see it done twice before we give him the deal but if we wait till he does it twice he's going to end up following Sean smith.

Except Sean Smith never had a monster season....or even a very good season..

I wouldn't mind locking up Jones....hopefully it gets done before the off-season begins.[/b]

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
IbleedMiamiAqua wrote:

Except Sean Smith never had a monster season....or even a very good season..

I wouldn't mind locking up Jones....hopefully it gets done before the off-season begins.[/b]

And if we use it to lock up a player now, it can essentially clear cap space for the future anyways. We just have to structure the contract to pay the guaranteed money in salary in year one instead of a bonus.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read about this and I am very happy to hear we got him, this gives us three proven players on the line, Martin and Thomas pull their weight and Tanney may have a great season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: