Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you like Reggie's BPA approach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
If you are choosing between two, why not take the more talented one?

Because the most talented one as a serious character issue that goes well beyond failing a drug test.

Right, and I agree with you about Rogers as a person. You are just missing my point. I think Rogers is dumb for what he did, I think he needs to be put in his place for acting like a diva, and I really don't know if these things will follow him into the NFL. It is a risk for sure, but so is banking on Butler to ever become anything at all. In my eyes, Rogers and Butler have equal odds of being cut- one has a bad attitude and the other is just a bad WR. IMO Rogers has a better chance of staying out of trouble than Butler has of ever being close to a starting WR, and that is a risk I would take in the 7th round for a team seriously deprived of talent because cutting a 7th rounder that doesnt get straight is no different from cutting a 7th rounder that just never panned out.

One facet of it you're not banking on is that problem receivers or players in general have more strikes against them than just what you're saying. He also might be a guy who the front office thinks will negatively affect the rest of the team with his presence and/or cause the team to expend extra resources to treat him differently, give him a support system, pay him extra attention, etc..
Some teams might weight it heavily that a problem player isn't worth that trouble and extra effort, just to have a 7th rounder longshot on the roster.

Now, my take on that would be that if this guy was truly a 1st round talent I bet a team would have taken a shot. Case in point, Mathieu. Every problem player is given a shot and more than one if they legitimately have top talent. Which leads me to believe Rogers is just not that special of a talent, or some team would have burned even a token late round pick on him.
So viewed in that way, the margin between him and Butler is not that much. And if the talent margin is still viewed as wide between them, well then maybe you have underestimated just how bad Rogers' problems really are.

For no team to have even tried a 7th rounder on the guy either says his talent is not worth it, or he is so messed up that he is virtually unsalvageable. Like T.O., Chris Henry, or Titus Young level unsalvageable.

One reason or the other caused no team to pick him. To say he has an equal or better shot than Brice Butler is a stretch. It seems teams think whatever is wrong with this guy is pretty bad.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:

Don't forget his infliction of lethargy. Poor giant #2.

thats what the drank does

Drank doesn't lethargize people, People lethargize people.

No really thats what the drank does. Ive seen it make even the biggest dude go to sleep like a old school wwf sleeper hold.

RIP Dj Screw

Sounds like a supplement I use to take before it became scheduled. Renewtrient made you feel GREAT, but too much and ZZZZZZZ,zzzzzzzz
Only thing POTUS Clinton did to really [inappropriate/removed] me off. Cured migraines, cut body fat while keeping muscle mass, made me a happy nice person. Laughing

PS I like how Reggie handles business. If he doesn't hit on his Draft picks and FA's then he'll be replaced in 5 years BUT.....He will have changed the overpaying, underperforming culture that has stunk us for quite some time. Our future is bright, we just have to battle thru the here and now. Twisted Evil

naw its codeine and they mix it with a soda.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
G wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:

Don't forget his infliction of lethargy. Poor giant #2.

thats what the drank does

Drank doesn't lethargize people, People lethargize people.

No really thats what the drank does. Ive seen it make even the biggest dude go to sleep like a old school wwf sleeper hold.

RIP Dj Screw

Sounds like a supplement I use to take before it became scheduled. Renewtrient made you feel GREAT, but too much and ZZZZZZZ,zzzzzzzz
Only thing POTUS Clinton did to really [inappropriate/removed] me off. Cured migraines, cut body fat while keeping muscle mass, made me a happy nice person. Laughing

PS I like how Reggie handles business. If he doesn't hit on his Draft picks and FA's then he'll be replaced in 5 years BUT.....He will have changed the overpaying, underperforming culture that has stunk us for quite some time. Our future is bright, we just have to battle thru the here and now. Twisted Evil

naw its codeine and they mix it with a soda.

Codeine cough syrup, Sprite, Jolly Ranchers.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: