Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if Sanchez has great year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Just wanna let you guys know, Garrard is not gonna win this job, he's been out of the league for 2 years damn near. If Sanchez or Geno cant beat him neither deserve to be in the NFL

He wasn't even good two years ago. That was the most bizarre signing

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I just can't see Sanchez starting again. I really think the FO and most of the coaching staff are really going to want Geno to start pretty early on.

There are also more and more stories surfacing on rotoworld saying that Sanchez won't even be on the roster by the regular season. Read reports that we would start looking for a trade partner to at least take a small portion of the money, or just flat out drop him.

If we could somehow get someone to take even like 1 million this year and 1 million next year of his salary and give us ANY draft pick I think we have to do it.

You best believe they will take ANY offer they get for him. The coaching staff is done with Sanchez.
Davey

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don think Sanchez is going to take the team anywhere, but I don't think any quarterback will be this season. I would sooner also like to see Sanchez playing for his career in the NFL and have him take the hardships that are going to come rather than have Geno Smith deal with them, play like a rookie and possibly have his career as a Jet starter end before it even begins.

I just don't want to risk Smiths long term development. The irony of the media nonsense about the jets taking him is that he could end up being one of the best moves the Jets have made in a long time. I just don't want to mess it up by playing him too quickly, just because we don't want to watch more of Sanchez.if a year or two on the bench for Smith guarantees the Jets a viable long term option at quarterback finally, than its worth it.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez wont be on the roster in September

JMG on the sig
kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I don think Sanchez is going to take the team anywhere, but I don't think any quarterback will be this season. I would sooner also like to see Sanchez playing for his career in the NFL and have him take the hardships that are going to come rather than have Geno Smith deal with them, play like a rookie and possibly have his career as a Jet starter end before it even begins.

I just don't want to risk Smiths long term development. The irony of the media nonsense about the jets taking him is that he could end up being one of the best moves the Jets have made in a long time. I just don't want to mess it up by playing him too quickly, just because we don't want to watch more of Sanchez.if a year or two on the bench for Smith guarantees the Jets a viable long term option at quarterback finally, than its worth it.

I agree 100 percent. There is no reason to rush Geno Smith out there where the NY Media will crucify him. I have a strange feeling the Jets will finish 10-6 this year under Mark Sanchez. It will be predicated on at top 5 defense and run heavy offense.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a better and tougher question would be what happens if Mark has a halfway decent season and the Jets go like 9-7 or 10-6. If he was legitimately great I'd say we have to keep him and see if he can replicate it next year, since we have 0 idea what we'd get from Geno.

Obviously I don't see that happening, but if he has like a 20-15 TD-INT ratio, completes 60% of his passes and throws for like 3400 yards it'd be a really tough decision.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Just about every rookie starts in this era. Some work out some don't. Don't be surprised if Geno starts week 1.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Davey wrote:

Just about every rookie starts in this era. Some work out some don't. Don't be surprised if Geno starts week 1.

This. Not a doubt in my mind Geno Smith will be opening day QB.
JMG

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
Laughing

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:

So we're going to roll was a depth chart of Geno, McElroy, and Matt Simms?
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

The one thing that has to be considered is that they are implementing a new offense. I agree that it makes sense to not put Geno in before he's ready. You don't want to risk his long term development given the state of the team.

But Sanchez hasn't shown an ability to really pick up, understand and command an offense. He might have 4 years of experience but he was immature coming out and he hasn't lost his rookie mentality as far as pocket awareness or making checks at the line.

If Geno is a little quicker on understanding the terminology of the offense, on identifying route combinations or on reading the keys of the defense, he's going to start.

- Cliff Burton
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's gotta be another vet out there to help mentor Eugene

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vets don't actually mentor rookies that much, we have coaches for that sort of stuff. And Sanchez can do it can't he? I mean lets face it Mark isn't some lazy [inappropriate/removed], he always worked hard.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
There's gotta be another vet out there to help mentor Eugene

I'd rather see if we could bring in someone additional like Chad Pennington to help Geno ... Pennington had the mental aspect of the game down very well ... only his body let him down ...

If we had a healthy Chad with the teams we fielded and defenses we fielded in 2009 and 2010, We definitely go to the SuperBowl at least once, and neither of the last 2 years would we have had a losing record

I do think Geno is the Day 1 Starter now

Or Sanchez plays the Bucs ... Revis gets 3 Picks on him and we start Geno the rest of the way
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports out there say that Greg McElroy is not seriously being considered for the starting spot. It will be a 2-way battle between Sanchez and Geno Smith. It's hard to stomach saying this but I really hope Sanchez wins. Geno can really use a year watching. Plus, there is the possibility of creating some trade value for Mark Sanchez if he plays decent.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: