Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if Sanchez has great year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
123 Dominate


Joined: 24 Dec 2011
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post on geno, I hadnt seen that yet
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5766
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

I can easily see Sanchez being a 3500/21/10 QB this year, and it's going to raise questions if that's the case. I think Geno is the long term answer, but in the event that Sanchez does turn into the QB that we expected him to be, something like this will follow....
You have retard levels of optimism. I'll give you that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3147
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I can easily see Sanchez being a 3500/21/10 QB this year, and it's going to raise questions if that's the case. I think Geno is the long term answer, but in the event that Sanchez does turn into the QB that we expected him to be, something like this will follow....
You have retard levels of optimism. I'll give you that.
Yes, yes he does.


BTW, you gotta get rid of that sig or resize it. I guess it's better me tell you than a mod. It's against forum rules to have a sig greater than 100px tall, and that is clearly bigger that that Laughing
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 496
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Davey wrote:
Sanchez played most of the year with one of the worst supporting casts in the league, he is bound to be better this upcoming year if he doesn't have to force the issue. He lacked the patience to keep the jets in games as when the supporting cast didn't do their job Sanchez would sooner do something boneheaded with the ball rather than live to play another down.

I stlll buy that Sanchez can be competent with the right pieces around him and on a team that has confidence and belief in him. I'm not sure if that's the jets right now, though. Obviously though, that's still not a franchise quarterback, but it's good enough for me to play him over Geno Smith.



Personally I see Sanchez drastically improving this year. I cant explain what is different about him, but its something. I know Sanchez has never been very accurate, but this offense is going to get him a lot of gimmy completions that will improve his rhythm throughout games. There has never been a question about his talent, it's always been about rhythm and confidence. If his rhythm is there, the confidence shows in his throws, footwork, decision making, etc.

I can easily see Sanchez being a 3500/21/10 QB this year, and it's going to raise questions if that's the case. I think Geno is the long term answer, but in the event that Sanchez does turn into the QB that we expected him to be, something like this will follow....


1. Sanchez will be the likely 2014 starter with Geno backing him up. If the staff feels Geno can offer more than Sanchez does, Geno will play.
2. Sanchez starts and outperforms all expectations. Heading into year 3, Geno will still have 2 years on his contract. The Jets can decide whether to trade Geno or keep him cheaply as an above average backup QB until either Sanchez fails or a team makes the team an offer they cant refuse



I applaud your optimism, and Sanchez improving would be a great thing for the franchise. However, the reality is that it does not take a NFL Caliber QB 5 years to develop into a decent starting QB. It is not just his numbers look at what some of the analysts and former NFL players say about Mark Sanchez. I remember Steve Young (former 49ers QB) crucified Mark Sanchez after a horrible MNF game last year. He said Mark is the only QB I know that accelerates the downfall of his own team.

A Spade is a spade. You have to look at him without the Green and White Googles. The man had only one good season at USC. He skipped his final year to jump to the NFL. The jets took a risk when drafting him that high on the fear that the Redskins would draft him. He struggled his rookie year. Improved slightly his 2nd year. He started to decline in the last 3 games of his 3rd year. And he flat out sucked in his 4th year.


The man has started 50+ games in the NFL. He has been given more of chance to prove himself than most Quaterbacks get in the NFL.

He is just not talented. Period!
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2312
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez won't start another game for the Jets. There is just no way you can throw him out there again after what happened last year. He's played his last game IMO. If Garrard has a pulse he'll start the first 2-8 weeks and then Geno will step in for the rest.

Geno's the future and he'll get every chance to prove it. Sanchez is done. I'd be surprised if he even takes a regular season snap.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 496
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Sanchez won't start another game for the Jets. There is just no way you can throw him out there again after what happened last year. He's played his last game IMO. If Garrard has a pulse he'll start the first 2-8 weeks and then Geno will step in for the rest.

Geno's the future and he'll get every chance to prove it. Sanchez is done. I'd be surprised if he even takes a regular season snap.



What you said makes a lot of logical sense... however remember we are talking about the NY Jets and Rex Ryan's man crush for Mark Sanchez. I still think the starting job is for Mark to lose at this point. Geno is definately the future
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19871
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Jets realize there's just no future for Sanchez in NY.

The moment Sanchez steps on the field, he's going to hear the boos. And it does matter. I don't buy into the notion that Sanchez is fragile minded, but if 60,000+ people are booing you to your face the moment you step on the field, you're not going to be successful.

Mark Sanchez could possibly start again in the NFL, but it shouldn't be for the Jets. He needs a change of scenery.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7285
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the preseason performance.

I think Sanchez will start the 1st preseason game, but Garrad will earn his spot.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1062
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I think the Jets realize there's just no future for Sanchez in NY.

The moment Sanchez steps on the field, he's going to hear the boos. And it does matter. I don't buy into the notion that Sanchez is fragile minded, but if 60,000+ people are booing you to your face the moment you step on the field, you're not going to be successful.

Mark Sanchez could possibly start again in the NFL, but it shouldn't be for the Jets. He needs a change of scenery.


I think you're right. The sad part is that he might be able to succeed in Marty's system but once we drafted a Qb, instead of a WR or TE, IMO he was doomed. The booing and calls for Geno might be too much.

we have 3 preseason games at MetLife, if he plays well in Detroit and starts off well against the Jags and Giants the fans might give him the benefit of the doubt but he has no leeway. One interception, fumble or 3 and out and i feel the boos will start again.

I do hope he gets a fair chance because I still remember the 6 playoff games in which he has a 94 Qb rating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21377
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a legitimate competition than I have an incredibly hard time seeing anybody but Sanchez starting opening day. Doesn't matter how poor he was last season, he's still the favorite amongst a quarterback that hasn't played in two years and a rookie quarterback who probably won't be ready to start right away.

And you can say what you want about the fan and media pressure, but you can't forget that it was exponentially worse last year with the "inevitable Tim Tebow takeover" that never happened despite Sanchez's poor performances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 2655
Location: FL
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
If its a legitimate competition than I have an incredibly hard time seeing anybody but Sanchez starting opening day. Doesn't matter how poor he was last season, he's still the favorite amongst a quarterback that hasn't played in two years and a rookie quarterback who probably won't be ready to start right away.

And you can say what you want about the fan and media pressure, but you can't forget that it was exponentially worse last year with the "inevitable Tim Tebow takeover" that never happened despite Sanchez's poor performances.


Still can't believe the Tebow takeover never went down. Everyone in the media and non Jets fans assured me it would happen. I actually turned down a few good bets where I could of made some nice dough.

But I think even Rex now knows Sanchez isn't taking this team anywhere. Even after 2011 I was high on Sanchez, but his performance last year was inexcusable. It was his time to step up and he failed miserably. I know he had no weapons etc. but he made some throws that were just awful and worse than his rookie year. He can have all the weapons in the world, his decision making is terrible.

His legacy in New York will always be the buttfumble. It sucks, I feel for the guy, but he has failed. I think if its even close in camp, Geno will get the nod.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3147
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Davey wrote:
If its a legitimate competition than I have an incredibly hard time seeing anybody but Sanchez starting opening day. Doesn't matter how poor he was last season, he's still the favorite amongst a quarterback that hasn't played in two years and a rookie quarterback who probably won't be ready to start right away.

And you can say what you want about the fan and media pressure, but you can't forget that it was exponentially worse last year with the "inevitable Tim Tebow takeover" that never happened despite Sanchez's poor performances.


Still can't believe the Tebow takeover never went down. Everyone in the media and non Jets fans assured me it would happen. I actually turned down a few good bets where I could of made some nice dough.

But I think even Rex now knows Sanchez isn't taking this team anywhere. Even after 2011 I was high on Sanchez, but his performance last year was inexcusable. It was his time to step up and he failed miserably. I know he had no weapons etc. but he made some throws that were just awful and worse than his rookie year. He can have all the weapons in the world, his decision making is terrible.

His legacy in New York will always be the buttfumble. It sucks, I feel for the guy, but he has failed. I think if its even close in camp, Geno will get the nod.
I knew Tebow would never start. Rex would never do that.

Davey makes a great point. I believe Sanchez will be the opening day starter.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 2655
Location: FL
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Davey wrote:
If its a legitimate competition than I have an incredibly hard time seeing anybody but Sanchez starting opening day. Doesn't matter how poor he was last season, he's still the favorite amongst a quarterback that hasn't played in two years and a rookie quarterback who probably won't be ready to start right away.

And you can say what you want about the fan and media pressure, but you can't forget that it was exponentially worse last year with the "inevitable Tim Tebow takeover" that never happened despite Sanchez's poor performances.


Still can't believe the Tebow takeover never went down. Everyone in the media and non Jets fans assured me it would happen. I actually turned down a few good bets where I could of made some nice dough.

But I think even Rex now knows Sanchez isn't taking this team anywhere. Even after 2011 I was high on Sanchez, but his performance last year was inexcusable. It was his time to step up and he failed miserably. I know he had no weapons etc. but he made some throws that were just awful and worse than his rookie year. He can have all the weapons in the world, his decision making is terrible.

His legacy in New York will always be the buttfumble. It sucks, I feel for the guy, but he has failed. I think if its even close in camp, Geno will get the nod.
I knew Tebow would never start. Rex would never do that.

Davey makes a great point. I believe Sanchez will be the opening day starter.


Are we opening at home? If so, I can't see it. Wouldn't mind it, but I don't see it. Sanchez is a truly awful QB, but his OC isn't Sparano this year (man thinking about how truly awful that hire was still gets my blood boiling).

It will be hilarious to hear the crowd reaction when he throws a quick 6 to #24 (or whatever # he's wearing down here) though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 2155
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see Sanchez starting again. I really think the FO and most of the coaching staff are really going to want Geno to start pretty early on.

There are also more and more stories surfacing on rotoworld saying that Sanchez won't even be on the roster by the regular season. Read reports that we would start looking for a trade partner to at least take a small portion of the money, or just flat out drop him.

If we could somehow get someone to take even like 1 million this year and 1 million next year of his salary and give us ANY draft pick I think we have to do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna let you guys know, Garrard is not gonna win this job, he's been out of the league for 2 years damn near. If Sanchez or Geno cant beat him neither deserve to be in the NFL
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group