Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if Sanchez has great year.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jamax99


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Location: new york
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: What if Sanchez has great year. Reply with quote

Guys what if Sanchez starts the year and , plays great. And for some reason has a breakout year. Do u resign , trade . Or let him walk. ? .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7813
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What if Sanchez has great year. Reply with quote

jamax99 wrote:
Guys what if Sanchez starts the year and , plays great. And for some reason has a breakout year. Do u resign , trade . Or let him walk. ? .


depends on how great. Could end up being another Drew Brees & Phillip Rivers situation.
_________________
Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karmaloop


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 31389
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What if Sanchez has great year. Reply with quote

jamax99 wrote:
Guys what if Sanchez starts the year and , plays great. And for some reason has a breakout year. Do u resign , trade . Or let him walk. ? .
If he has a breakout year we keep him for the the remainder of his contract or whatever.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What if Sanchez has great year. Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
jamax99 wrote:
Guys what if Sanchez starts the year and , plays great. And for some reason has a breakout year. Do u resign , trade . Or let him walk. ? .
If he has a breakout year we keep him for the the remainder of his contract or whatever.

He would need to become a top 10-15 QB to be worth that contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tinoynk


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3345
Location: UWS Manhattan, NYC
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then we ride it out an enjoy it. Geno was a second round pick, not a huge investment of value or money. If sanchez has a legitimately great year the only way id say geno should is due to a Sanchez injury. But I don't see Sanchez having a great year so I assume we'll see geno sooner than later, and I don't have a problem with that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him to a team that would need him for a 4th though every team essentially has their QB and if they dont they'll draft one
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20043
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Kate Upton knocks on my door and tells me she's madly in love with me.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
What if Kate Upton knocks on my door and tells me she's madly in love with me.
That's more likely tbh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karmaloop


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 31389
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What if Sanchez has great year. Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
jamax99 wrote:
Guys what if Sanchez starts the year and , plays great. And for some reason has a breakout year. Do u resign , trade . Or let him walk. ? .
If he has a breakout year we keep him for the the remainder of his contract or whatever.

He would need to become a top 10-15 QB to be worth that contract.
And he won't, so it's a moot point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 6431
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He plays lights out he stays and he starts. Not a hard decision.

The only problem is I dont think he has the mental fortitude to handle NYC any longer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
What if Kate Upton knocks on my door and tells me she's madly in love with me.


you say "sorry I'm married"
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3983
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
What if Kate Upton knocks on my door and tells me she's madly in love with me.


you say "sorry I'm married"


And then give her my number.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tinoynk


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3345
Location: UWS Manhattan, NYC
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Trade him to a team that would need him for a 4th though every team essentially has their QB and if they dont they'll draft one


The thing is, that assumes that Geno will be able to play as well as mark did in this fictional great season. Im fine with him being a Jet and having a shot to be our franchise QB, but Kaep played borderline incredible football for a decent amount of time, if Geno has just sat on the bench and gotten garbage time snaps it would be stupid to trade a guy who has shown he can play great (though with Sanchez that hypothetical is pretty unrealistic) for a guy that hasn't shown much of anything.

But this whole thread is moot given that the assumption that mark actually plays well is a stretch to say the least. That being said its fun to think about.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 684
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is that Sanchez will be a strong game manager this year. Essentially what he was years 1 and 2, but better and more efficient this year.

I don't see Drew Brees breakout because he doesn't have the mental aptitude to be great week in and week out.

I think our running game this year is going to be tremendous. I was actually a fan of the Goodson/Powell combo but now that we have Ivory, he can pound the rock for 3 quarters and Goodson and Powell in the 4th will be running on fresh legs. With the improved O-line, the run game will be strong.

Sanchez will improve under MM, and with the help of the running game will limit turnovers and be efficient. I could easily see a season where he finishes with 3500, 25-28 TD, 10 INT (and a few fumbles, for good measure). Forcing the issue was a huge problem with Sanchez. He wasn't/isn't good enough to put the team on his back, and when he tried to, it would just lead to turnovers. Being able to rely on the run game and work off play action will be tremendous.

Also, having versatility out of the backfield will be another weapon at his disposal. Greene was never a "home run" threat, or a threat to do damage off screens or in the flat. Having backs like Ivory and Goodson who are versatile keeps defenses on their heels and not honed in Sanchez.

Sanchez hasn't helped himself over the past 2 years, but lets face it, Sparano was a set back. People have said "Oh it must be Sanchez because Shotty didn't work and now Sparano couldn't get it to work either". Makes no sense, just because Sparano was new, doesn't mean he was any better than the last guy who was in here.

We can say what we want about Sanchez not being mentally tough to deal with Tebow, but he shouldn't have had to of been. No 4th year QB who was realistically still finding themselves and learning a new offense should have to deal with that crap. Seriously, it still boggles my mind to this day that anyone thought it was a good idea. It wasn't a competition that would push him to be better, it was literally a side show distraction. Geno Smith is competition.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21686
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez played most of the year with one of the worst supporting casts in the league, he is bound to be better this upcoming year if he doesn't have to force the issue. He lacked the patience to keep the jets in games as when the supporting cast didn't do their job Sanchez would sooner do something boneheaded with the ball rather than live to play another down.

I stlll buy that Sanchez can be competent with the right pieces around him and on a team that has confidence and belief in him. I'm not sure if that's the jets right now, though. Obviously though, that's still not a franchise quarterback, but it's good enough for me to play him over Geno Smith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group