Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Inaugural 2014 Offseason . . . I did it because I can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Inaugural 2014 Offseason . . . I did it because I can Reply with quote

Free Agent Acquisitions

Vladimir Ducasse OL Massachusetts
This guy has been an underachiever, no doubt about that. But at the same time, you can still see the raw physical tools and potential. Schotty was part of the staff that drafted Vlad, and could still see some value in him, especially as this OL will be in flux for the next 20 months. I pointed this out awhile ago, but I think Wells could be gone after this season. Not that it was a terrible signing, because at the time it was the right move. But with a injury filled 2012, and a possibly repeat this season, combined with his $6.5m salary next year with barely anything left in guaranteed money. But also we arent sure what we are looking at with Rok this year eather when coming off an injury. Either way I think we are looking for a RT next year for sure, along with one or possibly two guards as well.

Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
I had pointed out Britt this whole past offseason as a potential target of ours, and I dont see any move we've made that would prohibit us from still looking at him as a Free Agent. EXCEPT I dont think we would be looking at him as a superstar, I think it will be more of a reclamation project. Britt seems to continually be phased out in Tennessee, and I dont expect that to change too much. while at the same time, I wouldnt be shocked to see another run in with trouble out of him, and one of the few who will still take a shot on his talent could be Fisher. Britt & his people will see it as his best option to rehab his career on a cheap one year deal, and we have a crazy deep WR corps to spread it around to now.

2014 NFL Draft

Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
The kids in the know just call him HaHa Dix, enjoy. But in all seriousness this kid has some crazy back-end talent. He isnt one to lay the wood, but I have yet to see a wrap-up issue here. His real talent is in coverage and his big value comes as a ballhawk, the guy tracks the ball like a Wideout and breaks on balls after baiting QBs. The staff at Bama has said they think he has better cover skills than Dee Milliner, with playmaking skills ontop. It obviously depends on where TJ Mac fits in this defense, but it seems he would be best as a SS closer to the LOS (atleast in the long term) and if we can get a super talented guy like HaHa on the back end this defense is Scary Good

Kyle Van Noy LB Brigham Young
For a long time I was enamored with CJ Mosley, and this isnt to say that I am till not impressed, but I now think there are other LBs that will be just as good as him out there (plus I dont like the shoulder injury). Now many might just know Van Noy from the Bowl game last season, and it was an absurd performance, but thats not the reason I got on this train. KVN is a missile on the field, he has some closing speed that I have not seen on a football field. Yes we just got Ogletree and he is a good athlete & is fast with sideline-to-sideline speed. But Van Noy has a 6th gear that you just dont see in 6'3"235lb Linebackers. He is also a guy who knows how to come off the edge as a blitzer, with a crazy nose for the ball. I know many would say he is too light to step into the SLB role, but I have been saying for months now, the NFL is changing. You cant have big, thick, heavy-footed LBs anymore. It is now a Run & Chase league, not the Stack & Stuff that it was 5 years ago. With a stout DL no one is getting around Van Noy - Laurinaitis - Ogletree, the first new age LB Corps.

Morgan Moses OT Virginia
Im still baffled how we got Jake Long on that contract, and so is Roger Saffold. He is likely to keep his mouth shut, do his job this year and then go look to cash in elsewhere as a LT not a RT for us. That leaves a big hole on the right edge to protect Sam (who I am assuming takes a big step forward). Moses is a guy Ive liked for a while, and wished he came out this year. This guy has a monstrous frame with long arms to control Lineman anyway he wants. At times he dominates on pure athletic ability without much refinement in his game. He is one of those "Dancing Bears" when his weight is in check, and for us he should be the immediate answer at RT to sore up a Line that is likely to have a bunch of turnover.

Ra'Shede Hageman DL Minnesota
Right now 'Shede is a big/long frame with impressive natural athletic ability. That would probably have gotten him drafted somewhere on potential alone this year. But he showed some impressive flashes as he learns the DT position. Most look at him as a 5-tech prospect for a 3-4, But I think he will be best served to fill out a bit more and be a penetrating/pass rushing 3-tech in the middle. He doesnt have the speed to go outside, but he has shown a good first step, and his length is leverage when he figures out how to use it. He is still going to be a project coming into the league, but he would look great next to Brockers. I see alot of the same traits that were in Muhammad Wilkerson, Hageman just isnt as developed at this point.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too soon man. Way too soon.

I have to agree on the Jake Long contract being hard to figure. It feels great to have a real front office again.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too soon indeed, but its still a valient effort lunatic. Not much film on these guys so i cant make too many judgements, but I will say that I have been and will be next year a big supportsd of CJ Mosley. I really hope the skins give us a top ten pick.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of Morgan Moses as well, he stood out to me when I was looking at some Virginia games for Oday Aboutshi...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Hoj398

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to early haha, but nice work, only question is, with Dunbar playing really well last season, and having his best season yet, and with us drafting Ogletree in the first, and having JL55 in the middle, you think we go LB in the first again?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Way to early haha, but nice work, only question is, with Dunbar playing really well last season, and having his best season yet, and with us drafting Ogletree in the first, and having JL55 in the middle, you think we go LB in the first again?
Dunbar is a free agent after the season, and I think one way or another, now being a full time SLB he wont be worth the money.

Either he keeps up this pace of play, where he will go cash in somewhere. Or he wont be what we need, and we will move on.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our RBs do not pan out, I want James Wilder jr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: