Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you have done?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: What would you have done? Reply with quote

It has been discussed here lately that Minnesota offered their 2nd(#52), 3rd(#83), and 4th(#120), round pick to us in exchange for pick #30. The report claims that Fisher and Snead were elated to have Ogeltree last that long. Had he been selected, we would have pulled the trigger on the trade. Source below, and props to "catcheryea" for posting it:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=522514&start=30

So what would you have done? I would have traded that pick in heartbeat. But then again, I've never been a huge fan of Ogletree, despite the fact that I am a Bulldog fan. Go UGA.

If you feel like going the extra mile during he next few slow weeks, then tell me specifically what you would have done if the trade was accepted. As I mentioned, I would have accepted the offer.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I wouldn't and as soon as Patriots traded down, I figured Minnesota had offered us the same deal. Glad Fisher and Snead thought the same.

I'd rather have Ogletree than those picks. I don't think Ogletree would have made it past the Ravens.

Last edited by STLRamsFan99 on Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
cew28315039

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this question....

8 Tavon
52 Arthur Brown
71 Keenan Allen
83 Johnathan Franklin
92 Brian Schwenke
113 Barrett Jones
120 Marcus Lattimore
149 Jamoris Slaughter
184 Michael Williams
198 Jordan Poyer
222 Sean Renfree

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cew28315039 wrote:
I like this question....

8 Tavon
52 Arthur Brown
71 Keenan Allen
83 Johnathan Franklin
92 Brian Schwenke
113 Barrett Jones
120 Marcus Lattimore
149 Jamoris Slaughter
184 Michael Williams
198 Jordan Poyer
222 Sean Renfree

Just my opinion but Quality>Quantity in this case.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have taken the trade if my guy was on the board. Alec was their guy. On the flip side though, I we did take the trade, I would have went with

52- Larry Warford

83- Khaseem Greene

120- Johnathan Franklin

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cew28315039 wrote:
I like this question....

8 Tavon
52 Arthur Brown
71 Keenan Allen
83 Johnathan Franklin
92 Brian Schwenke
113 Barrett Jones
120 Marcus Lattimore
149 Jamoris Slaughter
184 Michael Williams
198 Jordan Poyer
222 Sean Renfree

Not bad.

catcheryea

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would have taken the trade just because there were guys who were rated just as high, or even higher than Ogletree like Arthur Brown and Khaseem Greene who we could have gotten with those extra picks. Trade down and get Larry Warford in the 2nd and Khaseem Greene in the 3rd or Arthur Brown in the 2nd and Schwenke in the 3rd.

But I can see why Snead and co. passed on the deal. They obviously liked Ogletree enough where they valued him over what they thought they could get out of those picks. They probably thought Warford would be long gone by the time the 52nd pick rolled around. Maybe if they knew they could get him AND two more guys they pull the trigger, but who knows.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also had they taken the pick they would have taken Warford at 52 considering he was their 3rd choice at pick #30.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have taken the trade personally because Arthur Brown or Khaseem Greene are very similar, albeit not nearly as athletic but still very good athletic linebackers. I understand taking Ogletree though.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I would have taken the trade personally because Arthur Brown or Khaseem Greene are very similar, albeit not nearly as athletic but still very good athletic linebackers. I understand taking Ogletree though.

At this point, it is very hard to doubt Fisher and Snead. Both years now, they have seemingly commanded the draft at will.

That being said, the trade seemed like great value to me. If Ogletree comes out and is an impact player, then ok. If he is just another guy......

RamRod

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown and Larry Warford in the 2nd > Alec Ogletree in round one
DistantRam

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:
I wouldn't have taken the trade if my guy was on the board. Alec was their guy. On the flip side though, I we did take the trade, I would have went with

52- Larry Warford

83- Khaseem Greene

Agree completely with this answer.

As Ogletree was the man they really coveted above all others, then they have made the right decision in taking him at thirty. However, if it had been my decision, I'd have accepted the trade and taken Warford in round two and then Greene with the third round pick gained from Minnesota. I had both players in my mock draft and I feel that Warford+Greene will be worth more than Ogletree in the long run, although only time will tell.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you guys don't understand is that Arthur Brown could have just as easily be taken in the top 5 picks in the 2nd round. Same with Warford.

Imagine if both weren't available. It would have been a massive failure of a move.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its easy for you all to say in hindsight what you would have done, but, if the Rams had Warford as a 1st round pick, I'm sure they had major doubts he'd be available at any pick in the 2nd. They made the right choice and stuck with their guy. Also, I don't think Greene was expected to fall that far either.

Its not to say I would have hated the trade, but I do like the player they got and if they feel he is a top 10-15 player in the entire draft, he's worth taking there.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
catcheryea

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
What you guys don't understand is that Arthur Brown could have just as easily be taken in the top 5 picks in the 2nd round. Same with Warford.

Imagine if both weren't available. It would have been a massive failure of a move.

Flatlyner wrote:
Yeah, its easy for you all to say in hindsight what you would have done, but, if the Rams had Warford as a 1st round pick, I'm sure they had major doubts he'd be available at any pick in the 2nd. They made the right choice and stuck with their guy. Also, I don't think Greene was expected to fall that far either.

Its not to say I would have hated the trade, but I do like the player they got and if they feel he is a top 10-15 player in the entire draft, he's worth taking there.

That's what I was saying. Arthur Brown could have easily been a first round pick, and Warford almost was one. There's no way Snead would have thought Brown would last until the end of round 2 and Warford into round 3. They wouldn't want to sacrifice a guy at the top of their board for the 3 lesser guys they thought would be available at the Vikings' picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: