Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
straight ballin

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Breaston Reply with quote

Looks like he'll be added to the mix http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/report-steelers-expected-to-sign-wr-steve-breaston-within-next-couple-of-weeks/
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand it, unless its just a favor from Haley. At least Burress adds something as a redzone target.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I don't understand it, unless its just a favor from Haley. At least Burress adds something as a redzone target.

He is no guarantee to make the roster.

If he replaces anyone, it will probably be Cotchery.

I think the main reason they are adding him is in case Wheaton isnt ready to contribute right away.

And yes, Haley had something to do with it. Adding someone familiar with his offense cant hurt.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Dracula58

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

He is no guarantee to make the roster.

If he replaces anyone, it will probably be Cotchery.

I think the main reason they are adding him is in case Wheaton isnt ready to contribute right away.

And yes, Haley had something to do with it. Adding someone familiar with his offense cant hurt.

I would take Breston over Cotch... Plus doesn't Breston work in the return game. I think he brings to much value to Harleys O to pass up on.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see what Breaston brings to the table over Cotchery. Same age, with Cotchery being bigger/stronger. He also isn't coming off a serious knee injury, has worked with Roethlisberger...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I fail to see what Breaston brings to the table over Cotchery. Same age, with Cotchery being bigger/stronger. He also isn't coming off a serious knee injury, has worked with Roethlisberger...

He is familiar with Haley's offense and has had success in it.

The point you continue to ignore is that he isnt a lock to make the team. He is just competing. You might fail to see what Breaston COULD bring, but others do see it, including the front office. If they just handed him the job...yes, it would be stupid, but I dont see that as the case.

Its competition. There is nothing wrong with that.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that there are enough bodies at WR to compete, and that Breaston adds nothing new. If he is signed, it will be nothing more than an effort to please Haley.
Dracula58

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
My point is that there are enough bodies at WR to compete, and that Breaston adds nothing new. If he is signed, it will be nothing more than an effort to please Haley.

And so what... Having a player that knows Haley system that well is a good thing. Nothing wrong with pleasing your OC
Dracula58

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

And so what... Having a player that knows Haley system that well is a good thing. Nothing wrong with pleasing your OC
mosteelers

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

Maybe he brings catches because he can run routes better (thats new), catch consistently (that is somewhat new), read blitzes, block.

Who cares about bring something new. If they think he is the best WR out there to help us win, who cares. Seriously, what is wrong with competition. New? New isn't necessarily better. I would rather have a better WR than a tall, or a quick or a ___________ WR. Just sign guys to make our roster compete and complete.

Hope he makes it over Plax x100000000000000.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
steelers75

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

cant hurt to bring him in to compete.
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

You can never have enough, its not about Haley "They went 8-8 last year" competition makes the starts better, makes your depth stronger and weeds out the players that are just simply done.

Absolutely ludicrous line of thinking.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, maybe this is a scenario in which he could be utilized as a Return Guy, did he not have that role in Arizona?

I might add by the way, did he not play in Arizona when Haley was there also? I believe he did. This is a guy Haley is very familiar with, it'll make it easier to get the most out of the Receiving Corps. I could actually envision Cotchery or Burress being released (most likely Cotchery).

I actually like the signing(if it happens) I think it's more about making the Offense efficient and making it work. Breaston is a guy that's been a part of it.

I could very easily see Breaston and Howling as our Kick Returners, taking the pressure off of our starters to have to fill those roles.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
Dracula58

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I could very easily see Breaston and Howling as our Kick Returners, taking the pressure off of our starters to have to fill those roles.

I agree 100%
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaston is a smart, solid return guy with (formerly) decent hands and good deep speed

LSH is a smart, explosive return guy with great quicks and home-run hitting ability as a RB or split out wide.

both signings are great and will allow Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders to focus on being WRs who DON'T drop the f'ing football all the time. Both are veterans who were well-liked and can add some experience and locker room cohesion and DEPTH at 2 positions where we desperately need it.

Breaston is a guy who put up 100 and 90+ yard receiving games with Matt Cassell and the 31st ranked offense. Besides, he's a Pittsburgh guy!

LSH is a great special teams ace, not just as a returner but apparently he's a decent gunner too, according to a few AZ guys on another forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: