Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Rose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berrianburns80

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
As a side note, is anyone excited about when Mirotic is suppose to come over from Europe for the Bulls? He is suppose to add a bit of scoring threat in the post and is suppose to be another great passing big man. Especially with Booz being overpaid, being able to replace him would be great.

I think Boozer gets a lot of crap for his contract and lack of defense...and a lot of it is warranted...but I still like him as a good fit for this Bulls team. Yes, his defense is pretty weak and he's overpaid...but he can still score 16-18 ppg and grab 9-10 rebs. On a team like this, that scoring production is crucial. As evidenced by the fact that Nate Robinson has been leading the team in scoring for the past couple months.

But yea, Jimmy Butler has been an absolute steal and he's probably my favorite Bulls player on this current roster. I worry a little bit about how much money Nate Rob is going to want. I doubt the Bulls will be able to pay him as much as someone else is willing to offer. He's really cashing in right now.

About Mirotic, everything I've read says that he won't come to the NBA until at least the summer of 2014. Has something changed?

Also, when does that Bobcats pick become unprotected? I want to say it's not until like 2016 or something crazy.

I think there are a couple good value picks the Bulls could draft this year even if they are picking in the 26-30 range. They could use a backup Center to replace the defensive/rebounding presence they lost with Omer Asik. I could see Jeff Withey or Georgu Dieng falling to the Bulls. Or even Alex Len (now that he has the injury concerns) could fall...but he's not as much of a defensive/toughness presence.
raq11

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berrianburns80 wrote:

I think there are a couple good value picks the Bulls could draft this year even if they are picking in the 26-30 range.

Our pick is set at 20, for some reason the NBA sets its draft order based on regular season.
chitownstar

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
berrianburns80 wrote:

I think there are a couple good value picks the Bulls could draft this year even if they are picking in the 26-30 range.

Our pick is set at 20, for some reason the NBA sets its draft order based on regular season.

Tim Hardaway Jr.!!!!
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berrianburns80 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
As a side note, is anyone excited about when Mirotic is suppose to come over from Europe for the Bulls? He is suppose to add a bit of scoring threat in the post and is suppose to be another great passing big man. Especially with Booz being overpaid, being able to replace him would be great.

I think Boozer gets a lot of crap for his contract and lack of defense...and a lot of it is warranted...but I still like him as a good fit for this Bulls team. Yes, his defense is pretty weak and he's overpaid...but he can still score 16-18 ppg and grab 9-10 rebs. On a team like this, that scoring production is crucial. As evidenced by the fact that Nate Robinson has been leading the team in scoring for the past couple months.

But yea, Jimmy Butler has been an absolute steal and he's probably my favorite Bulls player on this current roster. I worry a little bit about how much money Nate Rob is going to want. I doubt the Bulls will be able to pay him as much as someone else is willing to offer. He's really cashing in right now.

About Mirotic, everything I've read says that he won't come to the NBA until at least the summer of 2014. Has something changed?

Also, when does that Bobcats pick become unprotected? I want to say it's not until like 2016 or something crazy.

I think there are a couple good value picks the Bulls could draft this year even if they are picking in the 26-30 range. They could use a backup Center to replace the defensive/rebounding presence they lost with Omer Asik. I could see Jeff Withey or Georgu Dieng falling to the Bulls. Or even Alex Len (now that he has the injury concerns) could fall...but he's not as much of a defensive/toughness presence.

I agree Booz gets more flak then he deserves, my biggest issue is the money, combined with the changes to the luxury tax. He's simply not worth $15-16 mil per year, and when it comes to paying the young talent, he will be the one to either be let loose or take a hefty pay cut.

Yeah, right now it will be summer 2014 when he joins the Bulls, but it is just one more season away, but he'll only be 23 I think. He has been said to already be a pretty polished prospect.

There are actually rumors of the Bulls being interested in trading for Kevin Love. While I would love to see Love in a Bulls uniform, I just don't see us getting him without giving way too much, and I think Paxon is too smart to overpay in a trade.

http://www.sportsnippets.com/kevin-love-to-bulls/

Just don't see (nor want) that happening.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: