Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Rose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berrianburns80 wrote:
Btw, not sure if you've seen this, but it's pretty funny and accurate:

This wasn't funny... at all

I'm laughing at my comment more than your picture
TD: 7
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
I’m not really sure where my opinion is on this…on one hand he has been cleared medically to play and the team needs him given how banged up they are and how much better they are with Rose…but on the other the team is so banged up that a championship isn’t a realistic possibility right now and more than likely wouldn’t be even with a 100% Derrick Rose…so do you throw him out there to play tentatively and not at his best with a better chance of him getting hurt again than there is to win it all?...or do you let him sit for the rest of the season and come into next season where he can build up his confidence in camp, preseason and then regular season games where there won’t be as much pressure as there is now?...

I think it is a tough one for all involved.

He has the same chance for injury as Lebron or any NBA player. He needs to start the rehab process by getting on the court. Once October hits I dont want to hear knock the rust off. He better be a 20-25 pt avg from the get go with the amount of rehab he had.

You’re reading it wrong…or I’m putting it across wrong lol…

I’m not saying he has a better chance of getting injured again because he is coming off an injury…I’m saying that I believe with how hurt the rest of the team is at this point there is a 0% chance they go on to win a championship this year…so just as you said any player out on the court has a chance to get injured so I think there is a better percentage chance of him getting hurt than there is of him being the driving force behind the Bulls winning it all.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
I’m not really sure where my opinion is on this…on one hand he has been cleared medically to play and the team needs him given how banged up they are and how much better they are with Rose…but on the other the team is so banged up that a championship isn’t a realistic possibility right now and more than likely wouldn’t be even with a 100% Derrick Rose…so do you throw him out there to play tentatively and not at his best with a better chance of him getting hurt again than there is to win it all?...or do you let him sit for the rest of the season and come into next season where he can build up his confidence in camp, preseason and then regular season games where there won’t be as much pressure as there is now?...

I know what you are saying... But that doesn't and shouldn't matter. So everyone that gets hurt shouldn't come back because they are not a legit title contender? No. And that doesn't sit well with me.

Again I’m not saying they shouldn’t…I’m just putting out both sides of the argument…if you have an elite 24 year old player who could be your best player and best hope of winning a title when he is healthy do you bring him back before he is ready in a season where you don’t have a chance of winning a title?...or do you let him work his way back to his best when you can get the rest of the team healthy and really go after a title?...

Like I said before it’s a tough one for everyone involved.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
If the Nets win tomorrow, Derrick better be prepared to be annihilated by the media. I still love the guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

He said tonight that one of the reasons he's not back yet is that his "muscle memory isn't quite there"...you've got to be kidding me. Get back out there already, dammit.

If I truly cared about the NBA, I'd be real pissed right now. But instead I'll watch the Blackhawks. Cool

For not being a NBA fan this is spot on.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
If the Nets win tomorrow, Derrick better be prepared to be annihilated by the media. I still love the guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

He said tonight that one of the reasons he's not back yet is that his "muscle memory isn't quite there"...you've got to be kidding me. Get back out there already, dammit.

If I truly cared about the NBA, I'd be real pissed right now. But instead I'll watch the Blackhawks. Cool

For not being a NBA fan this is spot on.

He's a typical Chicago sports fan Very Happy I love every Chicago team, but can't really get into hockey and the Blackhawks all that much... But I still know damn well what's going on haha. I love it
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Derrick Rose Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Offseason football is always #1 on my list a close 2nd is my beloved Bulls. How do you guys think Rose handled this situation this year?

I will start it off.

Rose should of played, It makes me ill when I see Nate puking on the sidelines, Noah on 1 foot and killing the rest of the team with minutes so Rose can be mentally ready. Rose shows either signs of mental weakness or his brother is turning Rose the completely wrong direction. With Deng missing with his unknown virus and a crippled Heinrich this team needs him yesterday but yet I feel that Rose doesnt.
I can't stand basketball so I don't care one way or the other. However, I was talking to my buddy yesterday about this and reminded him that if this were Walter Payton you would have to restrain him to keep him out of a game, ANY game, much less a playoff. Walter was still bitching 25 years later about the game he was held out of early his first year because of injury.

But there are only a handful athletes like that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

There is another element in the equation: fan reaction. It is getting pretty nasty and not helping his image with many fans, if sports babble is to be believed.

The fans believe he can play now at some level. I have no dog in this fight but would believe that if he can only go ten or fifteen minutes that would remove a lot of this building animosity.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his brother got to him and he's trying to force him out of chicago. Just the feeling im getting

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I think his brother got to him and he's trying to force him out of chicago. Just the feeling im getting

You know, I've been starting to get this feeling also.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So David Lee can tear his hip flexor and be cleared to play 6 days later and warm up with the team because he wants what is best for the team and the city, not necessarily himself. Just like how Noah isnt playing for himself at this point, hes playing for the Bulls and the whole city of Chicago.

This all while Rose is sitting there collecting his $260 million in shoe money from adidas, and listening to what his BROTHER says rather then his DOCTORS who clearly know what they are talking about. The doctors have been telling him his last step of rehab is playing in games and should have played 2 months ago. He says his "muscle memory" isnt there yet..... Well Derrick, guess why the doctors say playing is the last step in recovery???? Because that is the only way to gain that special muscle memory back!!! Playing in games surprisingly has a different effect in your brain compared to practice, and until he plays a few games he will not be 100%.

I have lost so much respect for him, especially after seeing how somany other athletes have handled injuries recently. He acts as he is not only bigger then the Bulls, but bigger then the city of Chicago itself, and it is quite annoying.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many of you have torn an ACL during a sport and tried to come back. It was well over a year before I could make the same cuts on deep ins, curls, and corner-posts when I was trying to plant and make the cut on my right leg. Granted, I didn't have the same resources for rehabilitation, I had to do all but 6 weeks on my own due to having very crappy insurance. But the mental aspect was far more difficult than the physical battle.

Rose makes cuts that put a strain on his joints that exceed any that any of us would be able to do when we make cuts at full speed. His game is completely predicated on his athletic ability, he is not John Stockton or Jason Kidd, he doesn't have THAT level of vision and he is a mediocre spot up shooter IMO. Peterson came back much faster but he is a freak of nature, and I doubt any would be willing to count on a recovery in that time again.

I think it was poorly handled by Rose AND the Bulls. I said when he tore his ACL he'd be out for the year, and I thought the Bulls would have shut him down for the year by the All Star break. I want to actually see how Rose plays in practice before making a judgement on him. I'm not impressed in the slightest that he can dunk when given a clear lane and jogging up, that is irrelevant compared to making a quick crossover then driving and dunking in a game situation, when being contested and having contact on the dunk. The Bulls and him should have been very clear and set guidelines for him to be returned. If he is capable of doing what I said, then they should MAKE him play, or put up some hefty fines. If he isn't and they aren't gradually progressing to that point, they are wasting their own time and money. As for Rose's brother, he's an idiot trying to get his name out, trying to live off his brother's fame.

I am almost certain seeing the injuries that come about from overuse and from rushing back that have (at least potentially) ended the careers of the likes of Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Matt Harping, Yao Ming, Jon Bender, etc. None of them relied on their speed and quickness like Rose does, and I think he knows he's going to be an ineffective spot up shooter. It is almost a luxury for post players that can rely on strength and their size to be able to come back, like Perkins did. Its hard to say without being able to see him actually practice at full speed, but I would rather lose him for a year and have him back at 100% next year rather than go through the saga that replicates something like Roy's end of a professional career.

I just don't really get where so many get their insider information here or around the internet. It isn't like the Bulls are helpless in the situation, they could MAKE him play or fine him and make a spectacle of him, you think Adidas would want that kind of representation? That $260 million dollar shoe deal on the line, tell me Derrick wouldn't go out there. It seems obvious that they aren't too sure of his knee's health or they would.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
bears2308

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose ruled out game 1. Deng is out and Hinrich is a question mark. Jimmy B is going to have his hands full tonight. We really need Noah, Boozer, and Taj to play lights out while Nate and Marco do their thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTL talking D-Rose with Friedell, Sam Smith and Jurko. Some great insights, particularly from my guy Sam Smith.
thebeast15

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really about d rose, but regarding game 1 vs the heat:

I don't even know what to say. I was screaming the whole game.

First, Tom Thibodeau is the best free agent signing (lol, sounds funny, I know) of the Gar Forman/John Paxson era. THE best coach in the game, and he's pulling away from the competition.

Second, this is what the bulls have been doing all year. They play with so much heart, make no excuses, and aren't scared of anyone.

Nate is basically our Derrick Rose right now, 27 and 9 tonight. Who would have thought that going in to this year. He's going to get paid this offseason.

Jimmy Butler is a fantastic, fantastic player. He is getting paid roughly over 3 million for the next two seasons. Oh how I love hitting the lotto on late round picks.

Joakim Noah, That's all that needs to be said.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
Not really about d rose, but regarding game 1 vs the heat:

I don't even know what to say. I was screaming the whole game.

First, Tom Thibodeau is the best free agent signing (lol, sounds funny, I know) of the Gar Forman/John Paxson era. THE best coach in the game, and he's pulling away from the competition.

Second, this is what the bulls have been doing all year. They play with so much heart, make no excuses, and aren't scared of anyone.

Nate is basically our Derrick Rose right now, 27 and 9 tonight. Who would have thought that going in to this year. He's going to get paid this offseason.

Jimmy Butler is a fantastic, fantastic player. He is getting paid roughly over 3 million for the next two seasons. Oh how I love hitting the lotto on late round picks.

Joakim Noah, That's all that needs to be said.

It was an awesome game, I'm right there with you. I'm liking the idea of letting Robinson play PG, moving Rose to SG when he's healthy, and making Butler a serious contender for 6th man of the year next season.

As a side note, is anyone excited about when Mirotic is suppose to come over from Europe for the Bulls? He is suppose to add a bit of scoring threat in the post and is suppose to be another great passing big man. Especially with Booz being overpaid, being able to replace him would be great.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: