Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Rose
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak06max

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Derrick Rose Reply with quote

Offseason football is always #1 on my list a close 2nd is my beloved Bulls. How do you guys think Rose handled this situation this year?

I will start it off.

Rose should of played, It makes me ill when I see Nate puking on the sidelines, Noah on 1 foot and killing the rest of the team with minutes so Rose can be mentally ready. Rose shows either signs of mental weakness or his brother is turning Rose the completely wrong direction. With Deng missing with his unknown virus and a crippled Heinrich this team needs him yesterday but yet I feel that Rose doesnt.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Derrick Rose Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Offseason football is always #1 on my list a close 2nd is my beloved Bulls. How do you guys think Rose handled this situation this year?

I will start it off.

Rose should of played, It makes me ill when I see Nate puking on the sidelines, Noah on 1 foot and killing the rest of the team with minutes so Rose can be mentally ready. Rose shows either signs of mental weakness or his brother is turning Rose the completely wrong direction. With Deng missing with his unknown virus and a crippled Heinrich this team needs him yesterday but yet I feel that Rose doesnt.

I've been 100% behind how DRose has handled everything this year, and his decision (because ultimately no one knows how he feels), but are you telling me Joakim Noah is healthier than rose is right now? Not a chance in hell. I just don't know how you can see your teammates using it all they hae, and yet you still don't want to be out there because you are there mentally?
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to man up.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you here? Only "god" knows when he will be "good" to go.

LoL

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's losing A LOT of respect from the fans. And the players can say all the right things to the media...but I'm sure they're thinking the same thing.

The Bulls need healthy bodies at this point. And he's been cleared and most people close to the situation say he's pretty much 100%. Iman Shumpert had the same injury on the same day and he's been starting for the Knicks the past 4 months.

It's a pretty disappointing situation. The pressure for him to play will get ramped up another notch if the Bulls can win this Nets series.

Every time I start enjoying the NBA again, something like this turns me off.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not really sure where my opinion is on this…on one hand he has been cleared medically to play and the team needs him given how banged up they are and how much better they are with Rose…but on the other the team is so banged up that a championship isn’t a realistic possibility right now and more than likely wouldn’t be even with a 100% Derrick Rose…so do you throw him out there to play tentatively and not at his best with a better chance of him getting hurt again than there is to win it all?...or do you let him sit for the rest of the season and come into next season where he can build up his confidence in camp, preseason and then regular season games where there won’t be as much pressure as there is now?...

I think it is a tough one for all involved.
berrianburns80

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, not sure if you've seen this, but it's pretty funny and accurate:

thebeast15

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I’m not really sure where my opinion is on this…on one hand he has been cleared medically to play and the team needs him given how banged up they are and how much better they are with Rose…but on the other the team is so banged up that a championship isn’t a realistic possibility right now and more than likely wouldn’t be even with a 100% Derrick Rose…so do you throw him out there to play tentatively and not at his best with a better chance of him getting hurt again than there is to win it all?...or do you let him sit for the rest of the season and come into next season where he can build up his confidence in camp, preseason and then regular season games where there won’t be as much pressure as there is now?...

I know what you are saying... But that doesn't and shouldn't matter. So everyone that gets hurt shouldn't come back because they are not a legit title contender? No. And that doesn't sit well with me.
berrianburns80

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
I know what you are saying... But that doesn't and shouldn't matter. So everyone that gets hurt shouldn't come back because they are not a legit title contender? No. And that doesn't sit well with me.

EXACTLY! And this is the worst part about the NBA...teams resign themselves to losing before they even play the games.

Why are the Bulls NOT a championship contender if Rose plays?

I'm not saying they're the favorites by any means...but if they win tomorrow, they'll be in the final 8 teams...and who knows what happens in the semi-finals? Maybe LeBron gets hurt or the rest of the team goes completely cold.

The point is...how can a team/fans have that "we can't win this year" mentality when they are STILL ALIVE IN THE PLAYOFFS? That doesn't happen in any other sport nearly as much as it does in the NBA.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New statue outside of the United Center in honor of Derrick Rose:

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has gotten embarrassing for him as his team mates roll into the court in hospital beds and body bags and he was injured 1 year ago.

I use to think Derrick would run through a burning building for Chicago and to win, but is long gone now.
ak06max

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berrianburns80 wrote:
Btw, not sure if you've seen this, but it's pretty funny and accurate:

[img]http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04
/culls.png[/img]

So true!!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I got to say is Tibs is a beast of a coach. To be able to handle all he has with injuries and still being in the game, unheard of.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

He has the same chance for injury as Lebron or any NBA player. He needs to start the rehab process by getting on the court. Once October hits I dont want to hear knock the rust off. He better be a 20-25 pt avg from the get go with the amount of rehab he had.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Nets win tomorrow, Derrick better be prepared to be annihilated by the media. I still love the guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

He said tonight that one of the reasons he's not back yet is that his "muscle memory isn't quite there"...you've got to be kidding me. Get back out there already, dammit.

If I truly cared about the NBA, I'd be real pissed right now. But instead I'll watch the Blackhawks. Cool

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: