Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Embrace "The Dark Side"..Geno...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to push this dark side thing on the social networking sites. It might reach the media then to the team. We are already looked at as the villains. Might as well give the team a image to embrace.

It would be sick if the team released new black jerseys.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it with Geno for now.
JETSFOOTBALL25

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it. I jumped on the Geno wagon because of all the hate and the non-stop circus comments. Any other team drafts Geno where we did they would be lauded as getting a steal or great value. Because it's the Jets it's negative. According to the media nothing we do is the right thing.

LOVE the thread and I'm totally on board with Geno Sith and embracing the dark side.
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSFOOTBALL25 wrote:
love it. I jumped on the Geno wagon because of all the hate and the non-stop circus comments. Any other team drafts Geno where we did they would be lauded as getting a steal or great value. Because it's the Jets it's negative. According to the media nothing we do is the right thing.

LOVE the thread and I'm totally on board with Geno Sith and embracing the dark side.

Yeah, but to be fair we haven't done alot of things right lately.

This last draft was a move in the right direction though, no doubt, and even more so if Geno turns out to be solid.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
JETSFOOTBALL25 wrote:

Yeah, but to be fair we haven't done alot of things right lately.

This last draft was a move in the right direction though, no doubt, and even more so if Geno turns out to be solid.

I get what he is saying though. Example the media still called us a circus for drafting the top rated QB in the 2nd. If we didn't draft one, they would still get on us about how we didn't bring anyone who can compete with Mark. There are a lot of examples. I know we haven't played well the last two seasons, but they always bring up the negatives and never mention the positives.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he was picked, his NFL Network "highlights" were talking about his inconsistent accuracy and showing throws he missed.

71% completion rate his senior year and they only spoke about his accuracy in a negative manner.

Think that's a pretty good sign they were ready to jump on the hate train the moment he became a Jet.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
When he was picked, his NFL Network "highlights" were talking about his inconsistent accuracy and showing throws he missed.

71% completion rate his senior year and they only spoke about his accuracy in a negative manner.

Think that's a pretty good sign they were ready to jump on the hate train the moment he became a Jet.

The media just finds it so easy to make fun of the Jets. We get more criticism for taking Geno at 39 than the Jags would have if they took him with the second pick. I mean ESPN DROPPED us on their power rankings because we dropped Tebow and drafted Geno. Laughing

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

The media just finds it so easy to make fun of the Jets. We get more criticism for taking Geno at 39 than the Jags would have if they took him with the second pick. I mean ESPN DROPPED us on their power rankings because we dropped Tebow and drafted Geno. Laughing

Exactly why we should embrace the Dark Side. Since Rex has taken over, others love to see us lose. Even in the playoffs no one didn't think we could win.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
mikejets22 wrote:
Well, if we're embracing the dark side of our team, I guess we can't leave out the darkest horse we got....

Darth Holmes
[/img]

lol if I liked Holmes, I would have turned that pic into my avy.

Too bad I hate Holmes ... same for me

Someone wanna make a dark version of Rex?

You asked for it.. Laughing

sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expected, hoped for, and delivered. Thank you for that Rex portrait.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
We really need to push this dark side thing on the social networking sites. It might reach the media then to the team. We are already looked at as the villains. Might as well give the team a image to embrace.

I've been saying this...

Also..

How cool would a "Geno Sith" Parody Account on twitter look?

I think if somebody ran the account well it could be hilarious and call out media members that knock the Jets all the time.

One of the sayings can be "May the SOURCE be with you" Laughing Cool

Last edited by Django on Sun May 05, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I've saying this...

Also..

I think if somebody ran the account well it could be hilarious and call out media members that knock the Jets all the time.

Yo, make that happen. I would follow it. I already posted the first pic on twitter. ESPN see what is going on twitter. So this could be huge. I'm sure Rex and the players would love it.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Django wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I've saying this...

Also..

Yo, make that happen. I would follow it. I already posted the first pic on twitter. ESPN see what is going on twitter. So this could be huge. I'm sure Rex and the players would love it.

Tweet it to steiny.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Django wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I've saying this...

Also..

Tweet it to steiny.

Him & the players on the team. I just wouldn't post the ones with Sanchez to the players. Just the Geno ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: