Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Embrace "The Dark Side"..Geno...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Embrace "The Dark Side"..Geno... Reply with quote

I have been amazed from afar how the media has been attacking Geno Smith early on. Then it became clear to be that if Geno is train wreck that its media gold in New York. Seriously...who cares what ANOTHER TEAM has said about Geno? Doesnt it seem that maybe a team that passed on him might have EMBELLISHED the whole texting/tweeting thing? Couldnt that have been done during some down time. Different teams/different execs view guys differently all the time. One team can see Geno as cocky, the other could see him as having "confidence/swagger". Todd McShay said a few teams viewed EJ Manual as a 6th round pick, but do we hear constantly about why those teams viewed him that way? Who cares. However, its New York, its the Jets.

Look at this current headline

"He's going to have a tough time in New York," an NFC scout said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Right now, he's coming off as a spoiled, pampered brat."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9239609/geno-smith-new-york-jets-remains-spotlight-all-wrong-reasons
Based on firing an agent and rumors of tweeting...Cimini is using more anonymous quotes on people not close to the situation to get their opinion dumping on Geno...really?

So they want you to be the Bad Guys. Embrace it! Dont submit. Because they are going to try to overanalyze everything that happens anyway. Stand tall and support the young QB. They treat him like a "Sith", so well...embrace it.

Geno Smith, no how about "Geno Sith"

Laughing Laughing Cool Cool
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha nice!!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably one of the best posts the Jets forum has had since I can remember.

Geno Sith avatars I think are a must.
moham-17

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha nicely done man.

I'll be reserving my judgment (not that anyone cares) for the time when he finally steps on to the field and has to deal with some adversity; then I'll base how I feel about him off how he reacts to it.

Until then I'm crossing my fingers that he uses all this garbage as motivation to study and practice his butt off. If he's the kind of competitor some say he is, that's how he will react to it; if he's a diva, "me first" wimp, then his time here may be short.

I'll be honest, I'm not confident in his mentality; the tape and all the tools are there to say he has the ability, but will he put it together? I can't wait to find out.
Davey

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all the more reason to keep him on the bench as a rookie to me, though. Keep him away from the spotlight and let him develop his game at a pace that's easier to handle.

The media is just going with the flavor of the week right now. "Circus team" drafts the top quarterback in the draft after he falls, some perceptions that he's "spoiled", "arrogant", "fragile minded". Whatever. It'll all blow over eventually. But that's why it's important to not overload him with too much, too soon.
JMG

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
It's all the more reason to keep him on the bench as a rookie to me, though. Keep him away from the spotlight and let him develop his game at a pace that's easier to handle.

The media is just going with the flavor of the week right now. "Circus team" drafts the top quarterback in the draft after he falls, some perceptions that he's "spoiled", "arrogant", "fragile minded". Whatever. It'll all blow over eventually. But that's why it's important to not overload him with too much, too soon.
Wow, great point.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best post I've seen in years.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
This is probably one of the best posts the Jets forum has had since I can remember.

Geno Sith avatars I think are a must.

Yea you guys would have to make the avatar and sig size. I'm not good at that. Laughing

And this is not to say Geno is free of criticism. I'm just saying attack the kid when he's done wrong as a Jet, whether thats through attitude or performance. No reason to "judge" now.

but yea...the avatar/sigs should be interesting... Laughing
jpt331

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this, but I agree with everything that has been said the NY media is ridiculous and I believe they are the ones driving the public view of the Jets beinf a "Circus" and Cimini and Manish are the Ringleaders

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Unfortunately I have a feeling that is exactly what's going to happen...
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
Love this, but I agree with everything that has been said the NY media is ridiculous and I believe they are the ones driving the public view of the Jets beinf a "Circus" and Cimini and Manish are the Ringleaders

its actually nice to see cbssports, foxsports, and nf.com write articles on how unfair he'sbeen judged already by the ny media.

this just in.. geno smith goes to underground gremlin fighting-anonymous source
Django

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:

These guys? Laughing

green24

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behold...

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/3pUekfq.jpg
jpt331

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
jpt331 wrote:

These guys? Laughing

Lmao exactly Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second picture is GOAT IMO.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: