Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie Minicamp
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Rookie Minicamp Reply with quote

Link to one reporters observation at camp :

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-rookie-minicamp-practice-report-20130503,0,2561085.story

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw somewhere that when Thomas was lining up to learn the plays it was at LT?? I still don't see it.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is the Sturgis was drilling kicks all day long. If he keeps this up and win the kicking job, I will forever call him The Sturgeon Laughing

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Word is the Sturgis was drilling kicks all day long. If he keeps this up and win the kicking job, I will forever call him The Sturgeon Laughing

Like a Stergeon
Winning games in overtime
Like a Stergeon
Nailing kicks from the 40 yard line

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could've sworn we signed Tyler Bray, but apparently he signed with the Chiefs, oh well

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Gillislee beats out Thomas. Its very early. But we dont need Fumble Thomas killing drives.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:
I really hope Gillislee beats out Thomas. Its very early. But we dont need Fumble Thomas killing drives.

I agree, Thomas needs to be much more consistent like his first 3 games of his rookie year

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:

According to ESPN, Gillislee has been the most impressive rookie in Camp so far and Sturgis has been money. The guy was really impressed with Gillislee's vision and burst. Of course Jordan and Thomas were both limited.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dallas Thomas' only snaps during rookie camp were taken at left tackle, which makes me conclude he's going to be Jonathan Martin's competition as the blindside protector for Ryan Tannehill. Thomas, who is rehabbing the same shoulder injury that will keep Jordan from participating in the offseason work, has plenty of work to do physically to get on the level of his NFL counterparts.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speaking of conditioning and weight, Dion Sims, the Michigan State tight end Miami selected in the fourth round, appears to be in good shape. Sims, who played at 280 pounds at Michigan State and carried 17.1 percent body fat, has been busy sculpted his body since January. He's presently listed at 262 pounds and looks lean.

Could be one of the steals of this draft!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone already knows I'm a big fan of University of Florida tailback Mike Gillislee (that doesn't even sound right coming off the keyboard). Gillislee impressed me at the Senior Bowl, and made my 2013 Man Crush list based on his senior year production. Well, his first day of rookie camp made me proud considering Gillislee got to the second level on a couple inside runs. His vision for finding lanes reminds me a lot of Frank Gore, who I covered at UM. Don Soldinger used to call that trait "the lamps."

Another guy who was impressed by Gillislee (Omar Kelly)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/04/3379482/mike-gillislee-among-impressive.html

It says that last year Sturgis was 24 of 28 kicking field goals, and that's with three of them getting blocked. That means he only actually missed 1 field goal last year, including 3 for 3 over 50 yards.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/76813/observations-from-dolphins-rookie-camp

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sturgis will be the team kicker nest year...you don't take a guy in the 5th round just to keep they kicker you already have. I assume they will make a show of camp competition, but don't surprised if Carpenter is cut early to give him an opportunity to sign with another team.

Gillislee is one of those guys you want to see succeed....everyone of his interviews I have listen to he just shows excitement to be in the NFL, doesn't sounds like someone who will take this opportunity lightly and would not be shocked if he got the nod over Miller by the time the season rolls around.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pumped about this class. Even though I disagree with the Dallas Thomas pick and didn't like trading up to get Will Davis, I still have high expectations. Ireland did his job and now it's time for Philbin to put it together. Let's get a RT and get moving.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: