Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals 90 man camp roster
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Bengals 90 man camp roster Reply with quote

The Bengals cut three guys today, (WR Justin Hilton/ RB Jourdan Brooks/ OT Dan Knapp), to get down to 90 guys. For the record....

(Possible 53 man roster in bold)

QB [2 of 4] - Dalton/ J.Johnson/ Z.Robinson/ Skelton
RB [4 of 6] - Bernard/ Burkhead/ Green-Ellis/ Herronj/ Peerman/ Scott
FB [1 of 2] - Connor/ Pressley
TE [4 of 6] - Charles/ Davis/ Eifert/ Gresham/ Quinn/ Alex Smith
WR [5 of 11] - Goard/ Green/ Hamilton/ Hawkins/ Jones/ Rogers/ Roundtree/ Sanu/ Sanzenbacher/ Tate/ Whalen.
OC [2 of 3] - Cook/ TJ Johnson/ T.Robinson
OG [3 of 6] - Boling/ Hawkinson/ Pollack/ Sullen/ Wharton/ Zeitler
OT [4 of 5] - Collins/ Fragel/ Roland/ Andre Smith/ Whitworth

DE [5 of 9] - Anderson/ Chapplear/ Dunlap/ Evans/ Geathers/ Gilberry/ Hunt/ M.Johnson/ Moch
DT [4 of 5] - Atkins/ Black/ Peko/ Still/ Thompson
LB [6 of 12] - Burfict/ Campbell/ Dimanche/ Harrison/ Joiner/ Lamur/ Maualuga/ Maybin/ Porter/ Rey/ Schaffer/ Taylor
S [5 of 7] - Dye/ Iloka/ Mays/ Miles/ Nelson/ Sands/ Williams
CB [5 of 10] - Brown/ Ghee/ Hall/ Jones/ Kirkpatrick/ Lewis-Harris/ McCalebb/ Newman/ Prater/ Stoudermire

ST's [3 of 4] - Harris/ Huber/ Nugent/ Sharp


Seems like they'll also sign Thomas Howard sometime too......

Boy they still look thin at safety, they better hope Nelson stays healthy. One or two of those young safeties better step up this year, else they better have "1-800-callthecrockman" on speed dial.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."


Last edited by LondonBengal on Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15587
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16012
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.


I'd cut that Geathers guy...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.


Possible.

We only have 6 TE's at present and Davis is listed as a TE. I know he long-snaps well, and it would be nice if we could find a LS that can do another job on the roster; like catch the ball on 3rd down.

I'm intrigued by McCalebb as a possible specialist returner, so guys like Jones and Bernard don't have to. We can then cut Tate. McCalebb is greased-lightning quick, and it would be nice to think he could be another Dante Hall type of guy for us. Stoudermire might be interesting @ PR/KR too.

Harris has done a solid job @ LS since we had all those problems with St.Louis; it would just be nice to find a multi-skilled LS to free up an extra roster spot.

Still, I think we have this debate every year. 4 or 5 KR TD's this year could make all the difference.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.


I'd cut that Geathers guy...


Honestly, with Geathers on the roster i'm not sure how much Hunt will dress.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.


I'd cut that Geathers guy...


Honestly, with Geathers on the roster i'm not sure how much Hunt will dress.


Simmons will want him in the gameday 45 just to jump-block PAT's.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CDub


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 532
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.


I'd cut that Geathers guy...


Honestly, with Geathers on the roster i'm not sure how much Hunt will dress.


Simmons will want him in the gameday 45 just to jump-block PAT's.


Haha, this.

In all honesty, we might not see Hunt that much at first. I have a hard time seeing him not dressing though. I think he will end up being a big part of this team by midseason though. Will take him time to get acclimated to the NFL, and as everyone knows he's a bit raw at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:

In all honesty, we might not see Hunt that much at first. I have a hard time seeing him not dressing though. I think he will end up being a big part of this team by midseason though. Will take him time to get acclimated to the NFL, and as everyone knows he's a bit raw at the moment.


I see him playing ST's at first as he gets coached up.

Dude is a 6-8 277 freak and runs the 40 in 4.53. That's quicker than a lot of our DB's......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CDub


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 532
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
CDub wrote:

In all honesty, we might not see Hunt that much at first. I have a hard time seeing him not dressing though. I think he will end up being a big part of this team by midseason though. Will take him time to get acclimated to the NFL, and as everyone knows he's a bit raw at the moment.


I see him playing ST's at first as he gets coached up.

Dude is a 6-8 277 freak and runs the 40 in 4.53. That's quicker than a lot of our DB's......


Haha, I know man. It's crazy. I'm very confident we can get him coaches up, and when he does hit his stride, he's definitely going to wreak havoc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
CDub wrote:

In all honesty, we might not see Hunt that much at first. I have a hard time seeing him not dressing though. I think he will end up being a big part of this team by midseason though. Will take him time to get acclimated to the NFL, and as everyone knows he's a bit raw at the moment.


I see him playing ST's at first as he gets coached up.

Dude is a 6-8 277 freak and runs the 40 in 4.53. That's quicker than a lot of our DB's......


Haha, I know man. It's crazy. I'm very confident we can get him coaches up, and when he does hit his stride, he's definitely going to wreak havoc.


I was in downtown Tallinn, Estonia a few years back, and a lot of them over there looked like 6-8 277 lb freaks and built like grizzly bears. They play Rugby and wrestle a lot. Just not sure many of them can run a 4.53 40.

The Estonians hate Russians especially, so I suspect Hunt is going to be one of those guys you crank-up; point at the QB and say "he's Russian ..... go kill" .......

Zimmer and Hayes better learn some Estonian swear words pdq.........
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CDub


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 532
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
CDub wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
CDub wrote:

In all honesty, we might not see Hunt that much at first. I have a hard time seeing him not dressing though. I think he will end up being a big part of this team by midseason though. Will take him time to get acclimated to the NFL, and as everyone knows he's a bit raw at the moment.


I see him playing ST's at first as he gets coached up.

Dude is a 6-8 277 freak and runs the 40 in 4.53. That's quicker than a lot of our DB's......


Haha, I know man. It's crazy. I'm very confident we can get him coaches up, and when he does hit his stride, he's definitely going to wreak havoc.


I was in downtown Tallinn, Estonia a few years back, and a lot of them over there looked like 6-8 277 lb freaks and built like grizzly bears. They play Rugby and wrestle a lot. Just not sure many of them can run a 4.53 40.

The Estonians hate Russians especially, so I suspect Hunt is going to be one of those guys you crank-up; point at the QB and say "he's Russian ..... go kill" .......

Zimmer and Hayes better learn some Estonian swear words pdq.........


Yeah, the size is awesome, his speed and get off to go with it is ridiculous though.

Sure hope we try it, couldn't hurt... Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5521
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine Hunt and Moch covering punts. I wouldn't put them at gunner, but as the outside release guys from the line. Imagine the poor PR if he gets caught between them (unless Mays is there to take our guys out Rolling Eyes )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18546
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
I would imagined Bryce Davis gets cut if we sign Howard. You can get a long snapper off the street if need be.


Possible.

We only have 6 TE's at present and Davis is listed as a TE. I know he long-snaps well, and it would be nice if we could find a LS that can do another job on the roster; like catch the ball on 3rd down.

I'm intrigued by McCalebb as a possible specialist returner, so guys like Jones and Bernard don't have to. We can then cut Tate. McCalebb is greased-lightning quick, and it would be nice to think he could be another Dante Hall type of guy for us. Stoudermire might be interesting @ PR/KR too.

Harris has done a solid job @ LS since we had all those problems with St.Louis; it would just be nice to find a multi-skilled LS to free up an extra roster spot.

Still, I think we have this debate every year. 4 or 5 KR TD's this year could make all the difference.

I can see why you'd want that, but at the same time you don't want your LS getting dinged up because he was hit by Patrick Willis trying to make a catch on 3rd down. I'm fine having a dedicated position here because i've seen how not having a LS can kill a team real quick.

(See; Bengals with B St. Louis and Washington Redskins a few years ago trying to put their Center in at LS when they're LS got hurt)
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eastern Walrus


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 3147
Location: on safari
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Gopher football fan, watch Troy Stoudermire in work outs... he might turn a few heads
_________________
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5521
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Imagine Hunt and Moch covering punts. I wouldn't put them at gunner, but as the outside release guys from the line. Imagine the poor PR if he gets caught between them (unless Mays is there to take our guys out Rolling Eyes )


This is a bigger reality than some might think. Word on the street is that Moch had some sort of brain surgery to eliminate the cause of the migraines. He might get PUPed, but I think he makes it if the surgery is successful
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group