Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Reggie Pick to be Cut
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: First Reggie Pick to be Cut Reply with quote

Just want to know who you guys think the first Reggie pick to be cut will be. When I say this I mean 6th rounders and up. Do you think all his guys make the roster this year. Can some UFDA unseat some of his draft picks, or will it be more if getting rid of past regime players.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is cut it'll probably be Brice Butler. But I don't even see that happening. David Bass is another candidate if the level of competition proves to be too tough for him (let's hope not)
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: First Reggie Pick to be Cut Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Just want to know who you guys think the first Reggie pick to be cut will be. When I say this I mean 6th rounders and up. Do you think all his guys make the roster this year. Can some UFDA unseat some of his draft picks, or will it be more if getting rid of past regime players.

Jack Crawford if he doesn't improve. Doubt anyone from this years draft class gets cut. But that has more to do with depth and need.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh if you're talking about last years class then yeah, Crawford.
dante9876

Yeah Crawford was my guest to. But I think he last longer on cuts cause of depth needed at that position.
dante9876

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Oh if you're talking about last years class then yeah, Crawford.

Naw I meant all his draft picks. So both years.
Raidin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Bergstrom, zone blocking guy who even struggled to make it onto the team when we looked terrible is now being asked to play in a Power blocking scheme. Not a good combination. I think Crawford might last a bit longer because he was a project while Bergstrom seemed much more polished as a prospect. Also keeping Crawford around might be good for helping Menilik Watson settle in.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title should be asking who the 2nd of Reggie's picks will be cut. Nate Stupar was the first to be cut.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
If anyone is cut it'll probably be Brice Butler. But I don't even see that happening. David Bass is another candidate if the level of competition proves to be too tough for him (let's hope not)

You need to take a better look at Brice Butler bro. He is a Streater type, athletic, strider, good hands and routes. There's a very very good chance he not only makes this team but that he also sees real time. Everyone is all about Vernon right now, but Butler is the better prospect by a margin.

McGee is alot less likely to make this team. He's far behind the curve.
Everyone drafted above him will more than likely make this team.

Wanna talk Reggie picks being cut, then start talking Crawford.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

You need to take a better look at Brice Butler bro. He is a Streater type, athletic, strider, good hands and routes. There's a very very good chance he not only makes this team but that he also sees real time. Everyone is all about Vernon right now, but Butler is the better prospect by a margin.

McGee is alot less likely to make this team. He's far behind the curve.
Everyone drafted above him will more than likely make this team.

Wanna talk Reggie picks being cut, then start talking Crawford.

I just said Butler because of the possible competition at the position, bro. I've looked him up plenty, and while you say Butler is the better prospect based on measurables, Vernon pretty much tripled his production in college, so that could be argued based on what you like, Measurables vs. Production. I do like Butler, and I'm intrigued by him, but McGee is like, the 5th DT on the roster, he will almost make it by default. McGees game film is actually pretty darn good, he just needs to stay out of trouble.

Do I think Butler will be cut? no? Do I like him? yes. But there is always the chance he doesn't pull it together and other guys jump ahead of him. I personally think that all the draft picks make it but I was answering his question.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that our WR coach Ted Gilmore fought to convince Reggie to draft him says a lot. There's obviously something there.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I hear some of what you're saying. Other parts not so much. I see the competition at WR to be pretty thin Really thin. Moore and Ford make it, but which one gets hurt and when. A distinct possibility. Streater is a lock, Criner is a mystery. Beyond that, nothing.. It's safe to say we will have 5, which looks to be between Butler and Vernon. And maybe we keep 6, who knows. I don't see a long hard road there..

AFA college production. Definitely it's something to look at. But it's not nearly reliable info. Butler's production was hampered alot. Vernon was in a stable productive situation. College production can lie, we can look at McGee for that, and also look at innumerable QB prospects who lit it up in spread offenses only to be useless at the pro level. So really, you have to not only look at the production but also the story behind the production.

I really did not look at all at McGee and his film. But that's not the drive behind what I was saying. McGee making it is far more about a couple of other things. Such as, can he stay out of trouble? And when I said he was behind the curve it meant more in regards to his limited college play and the lengths of time he has missed. That hampers his understanding of what will be thrown at him in a pro camp. Hence, he not only has to prove his talent but also has more to pick up than all of the other prospects. And he has to stay out of trouble in the meantime. He's got more obstacles to navigate than all the other guys. In my estimation..

Bilukidi, Walker, Sims, Houston has ability to move on passing downs, Johnny Jones, Taufa'asu

I mean it's not exactly stiff competition there. So he could prove to be the 4th guy. He's pretty much gotta beat out Jones. Still, he's got alot to do of his own to get there, and in his case it's less about the competition and more about himself.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bergstrom will be the notable name. Doubt he's a scheme fit. The staff was said to really like Nix and there are a couple guys they brought in this year.

Bergstrom will really have to show not only improvement, but ability to play in the PBS.

If he's cut, the Reggie haters will be on him to no end unfortunately.

Crawford IMO has some potential. Everyone is down on him because he didn't do much as a rookie, but come on. He was a 6th round developmental pick. What did you honestly expect?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bergstrom will be the notable name. Doubt he's a scheme fit. The staff was said to really like Nix and there are a couple guys they brought in this year.

Bergstrom will really have to show not only improvement, but ability to play in the PBS.

If he's cut, the Reggie haters will be on him to no end unfortunately.

Crawford IMO has some potential. Everyone is down on him because he didn't do much as a rookie, but come on. He was a 6th round developmental pick. What did you honestly expect?

Bergstrom I could definitely see. But we have been left thin at Guard, seemingly by choice. That could possibly be taken to mean they like him more than we know. Or it could mean we just didn't have the ammo to fill all of our endless needs.

Crawford, meh. He's only got a shot because we are thin at DE and stayed thin. It could mean the same thing as stated above in regards to Bergstrom. If Bass shows anything Crawford could be in trouble real quick.

But between those, it's definitely along the right lines of where to look for who will be the first.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think Bergstrom will be better in the PBS than the ZBS. He was a fit for ZBS because he was athletic and intellegent. Not for lack of strength. Heck he put up 32 reps at the combine(4th most of OL) last year. He has weight as well. Less moving around and assignments in PBS so he should be able to adapt to that system more quickly. Just because he is athletic doesnt make him less powerful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: