Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hey Rookie! (Mini-Camp Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I wonder why Highsmith didn't show up today.

I thought Tom said he ended up showing...

Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Highsmith is here. So all present and accounted for.”

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen: “These young guys coming in, everybody looks good on paper right now. We’ll have to see how they pan out come September. If you go back to last year’s draft and the work ethic I saw out of these young guys coming into training camp, if they continue to work this year like they did last year, we should have a good team. God willing, if everybody stays healthy, we should be able to make another run at this thing.”

http://min.scout.com/2/1289055.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 1m
Chris Summers looks like he's filled out some. Good news. He has the size and athletic ability, needed to add strength. #Vikings

The possible "big" receiver that some have been clamoring for.

I absolutely love the make up of our reciever corps going into the off-season. A lot of guys with size and speed to pick from. Wouldn't mind keeping 6 on the roster if the numbers work out.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as that 6th WR can play special teams, otherwise, those bottom level players need to be able to play special teams which is why teams tend to carry so many extra DBs or LBs. Those positions are natural fits for special teams. A wr is tricky, if they dont have return ability. not all receivers have the ability to be gunners and id guess more CBs or Safetys are able to play that role.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Bishop hangs his hat on his instincts, and was the leader of the defense. He was responsible for coverage adjustments and has been an incredibly intelligent player who audibled pre-snap in order to adjust to offensive reads. Beyond that, his ability to intuit the offense means he doesn't get sucked into play fakes or take false steps. He looks to be a film room junkie, as he plays to the offense's tendencies.

He likes to see the field ahead of them, and is most comfortable in a deep zone. He follows the quarterback's eyes, breaks on the ball, and moves his landmarks based on what he sees the quarterback doing. He bursts out of backpedal well and can break on the ball before it leaves the quarterback's hands and is aware of where receivers are and how they are positioned on the field. This has allowed him to generate 12 career interceptions, and 5 in 2011 alone.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/5/1/4278942/nfl-minnesota-vikings-evaluating-the-undrafted-free-agents-meet-the-new-crowd

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be pulling for Bishop, id much rather have him then Sendejo since Bishop looks like he can actually play Safety. If Bishop can show some worth on special teams, he should get the job.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Brandon Bishop hangs his hat on his instincts, and was the leader of the defense. He was responsible for coverage adjustments and has been an incredibly intelligent player who audibled pre-snap in order to adjust to offensive reads. Beyond that, his ability to intuit the offense means he doesn't get sucked into play fakes or take false steps. He looks to be a film room junkie, as he plays to the offense's tendencies.

He likes to see the field ahead of them, and is most comfortable in a deep zone. He follows the quarterback's eyes, breaks on the ball, and moves his landmarks based on what he sees the quarterback doing. He bursts out of backpedal well and can break on the ball before it leaves the quarterback's hands and is aware of where receivers are and how they are positioned on the field. This has allowed him to generate 12 career interceptions, and 5 in 2011 alone.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/5/1/4278942/nfl-minnesota-vikings-evaluating-the-undrafted-free-agents-meet-the-new-crowd

It sounds like Bishop the rook is capable of winning a chess match against the offense. I expect he moves well diagonally to the ball, too.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@BenGoesslingPP: Jeff Locke worked on directional punting and kicking inside the 20 with Mike Priefer today. Those are two sticking points in Kluwe's game.”

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
As long as that 6th WR can play special teams, otherwise, those bottom level players need to be able to play special teams which is why teams tend to carry so many extra DBs or LBs. Those positions are natural fits for special teams. A wr is tricky, if they dont have return ability. not all receivers have the ability to be gunners and id guess more CBs or Safetys are able to play that role.

Who was the fan favorite, tall receiver, that everyone was clamoring to give a chance a few years back under Chilly?

I thought he wore #15, but his name is escaping me. He couldn't play special teams and hasn't done anything in the NFL.

EDIT: Was it Martin Nance?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I wonder why Highsmith didn't show up today.

I thought Tom said he ended up showing...

Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Highsmith is here. So all present and accounted for.”

I missed that, thanks. All I saw was an earlier tweet where he hadn't arrived yet.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes some videos:
Rookie Reaction: Sharrif Floyd
Rookie Reaction: Cordarrelle Patterson
Rookie Reaction: Xavier Rhodes
Rookie Reaction: Gerald Hodges

Albert Breer Interview
Albert Breer Report

Day 1 Highlights
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch by CP to end the highlight video.

It's weird for me to say, but Rhodes looks much more natural catching than football when compared to Patterson.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Nice catch by CP to end the highlight video.

But but but...he only catches with his body!?!?!?!

Loved the way the new helmets looked!

Floyd looked like a handful too.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Rhodes is the oddest one of the bunch - quiet and soft spoken in interviews, even seems sort of tentative. but on the field next to a receiver, he's all over the guy.

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that Coach Stewart called Lil CC, and that's whatnot helped him make his decision to try out here over Baltimore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: