Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free takes 50% pay cut to remain with team
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Free takes 50% pay cut to remain with team Reply with quote

Mike Fisher on 105.3 reports that Doug Free told him he doesn't believe he will still be with the team after June 1st, indicating that he doesn't plan to take the Cowboys offer of a pay cut.

Mike Fisher also reports that Tyson Clabo is willing to take a 1yr deal worth $4m and Eric Winston is willing to take a 1yr deal worth $3m

***UPDATE***

Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2h
BREAKING: #Cowboys working right now to move Doug Free into $3-3.5M range

Quote:
Cowboys RT Doug Free has agreed to take a pay cut, source said confirming @calvinwatkins report. How much? $3.5M. So, he stays.

Quote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h
Cowboys OT Doug Free has accepted 50% pay cut to remain with team. Was highest paid RT at $7M. Can't earn original salary through incentives

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Fisher: Doug Free says he won't be back Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Mike Fisher on 105.3 reports that Doug Free told him he doesn't believe he will still be with the team after June 1st, indicating that he doesn't plan to take the Cowboys offer of a pay cut.

Mike Fisher also reports that Tyson Clabo is willing to take a 1yr deal worth $4m and Eric Winston is willing to take a 1yr deal worth $3m

Hope to see Clabo here then.

^^^Deadpulse
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surprised me to hear Free wouldn't take the pay cut. When there are guys sitting out there that are better than you and are looking for a job, that says a lot. I think he remains unemployed through atleast August and then as injuries start to come up, he may find a backup job somewhere. Does he really think he'll get more than $2m/yr though after the seasons he's had while being the highest paid RT in the NFL?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
It surprised me to hear Free wouldn't take the pay cut. When there are guys sitting out there that are better than you and are looking for a job, that says a lot. I think he remains unemployed through atleast August and then as injuries start to come up, he may find a backup job somewhere. Does he really think he'll get more than $2m/yr though after the seasons he's had while being the highest paid RT in the NFL?

Some guys believe they're better than they really are.

^^^Deadpulse
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Some guys have a lot of pride and believe that it's better for them to be released and have a shot at a similar salary elsewhere rather than being publicly humiliated with a pay cut, losing their starting job, and then being cut after that season, and thus having no job opportunities afterward.

Plus, Free is a bad player. I'd rather get rid of the bad player rather than keeping a bad player at a reduced rate because the on-field performance will still be the same: garbage. And in my opinion, garbage play isn't worth having at any salary. You replace those guys with people who can play.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
xXCowboys21Xx

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Fisher: Doug Free says he won't be back Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Hope to see Clabo here then.

Me too. He would be a great addition to the O Line.

^^BucsGetGaines on the dope sig
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

He probably figures he'll take his 10mil in guaranteed money, and sign on somewhere else.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to get either of those guys on that 1 year deal. That will push Parnell through the whole off season, and if he lose out on the starting job then he have yet another season where he can learn under a vet to be fully ready for the season after. Also if Parnell wins the starting job, no problem since the FA OT only is here on a 1 year deal so we won't hurt the future cap by cutting him (as we will have to do with Free).
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

He probably figures he'll take his 10mil in guaranteed money, and sign on somewhere else.

He already has received his guaranteed money so he's not really "taking" anything with him

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down. Does the boys want me to go agenda and announce this?

Major Props to El Ramster!!!!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

He already has received his guaranteed money so he's not really "taking" anything with him

Yeah. Forgot real world vs cap world.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance then
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out, Dougie!!

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Fisher: Doug Free says he won't be back Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

holy crap.. Sign them freaking both. Then you can get rid of free and one of the OG's.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Hiero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Fisher: Doug Free says he won't be back Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

holy crap.. Sign them freaking both. Then you can get rid of free and one of the OG's.

Ya I'm glad the free situation is over, I woulda loved a combo of Tyron and dj fluker but Frederick is a beast and we needed a center more and it's harder to get a center than rt. if we can afford to I agree we should sign them both to 1 year deals until we can further solidify our OL with young talent next year. Put one at rg and one at rt and that's 3 huge upgrades to our OL.

If Parnell or Arkin can show up this year that would also be huge but not holding my breath for anything big

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: