Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Best OLB Crew In The AFC North
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Ben easily makes it in over Eli imo, having said that, Ben is no worse than #6 on the list, I certainly wouldn't put any divisional QB's over him. Ben is a guy who's known success since his rookie season, only acquiring 1 loss (which was in the playoffs, the regular season loss belonged to Tommy Maddox). Eli struggled out of the gate, it took him quite a while to get into the leadership role and respond well to his critics. Ben won 2 SB's rather quickly. Overall skill wise, I also think Ben is better. Eli has caught up in regards to SB Rings and he doesn't have the SB loss that Ben does, but the big difference is, Ben has helped his team go to 3 SBs.

You are describing primarily a review of his career. Careerwise, yes I agree with your assessment. But if I had to go into next season with a QB, I'm taking Eli over Ben. Its a slim margin no doubt and I don't begrudge an alternative opinion on the issue (especially given Eli's interceptions) but I'm generally going to take the guy who gives me 16 games every season over the one who struggles to stay healthy due to his play style.

I think if you're looking at it as "who's top 5 heading into next season" I see the validity in your point. It's not just Ben's style of play though it's also that offensive line and last season we had 'upgrades' and everyone of them got hurt...like..wtf.. we just can't get any luck, lol.

Seriously? I have a women in my office who is a huge Steelers fan, but a good one (not a jerk when the Browns lose). She always whines about how the team is doing bad and things are going poorly. I just tell her shut up and compare her team to the Browns. The Steelers have had one of the best runs in football over the past 10 years outside of the Patriots. You Steeler fans are spoiled and think the world is going to end if they sniff 8-8, while us Browns fans would be very happy with a change of 8-8. Itís a shame that well run organizations are not cyclical like they are supposed to be in the NFL. Seems like the Steelers are 12-4 in a good year and 9-7 in a bad year, which happens once every 5 years.

Anyways, thanks for posting and just wanted to share my thoughts.

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about perspective...

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
It's all about perspective...

Yea, it's hard looking down from the top....cuz you know it's going to be a long fall.

Here we go, Brownies!

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yeaaaaa....... You're still getting sympathy from us in that either

And that's fine, I was just saying stating an opinion, that opinion wasn't meant as a 'snide remark' toward the Browns.

[quote=braylonsHands]
Seriously? I have a women in my office who is a huge Steelers fan, but a good one (not a jerk when the Browns lose). She always whines about how the team is doing bad and things are going poorly. I just tell her shut up and compare her team to the Browns. The Steelers have had one of the best runs in football over the past 10 years outside of the Patriots. You Steeler fans are spoiled and think the world is going to end if they sniff 8-8, while us Browns fans would be very happy with a change of 8-8. Itís a shame that well run organizations are not cyclical like they are supposed to be in the NFL. Seems like the Steelers are 12-4 in a good year and 9-7 in a bad year, which happens once every 5 years.

Anyways, thanks for posting and just wanted to share my thoughts.[/quote]

But as far as us being spoiled, y'all are right. We have been very fortunate to have one of the best FO's in the business. As for people not being "okay" with an 8-8 record, perhaps I'm one of the few Steelers fans that was satisfied with our season given how it went, but you're right, we don't see much adversity in the win/loss column.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yeaaaaa....... You're still getting sympathy from us in that either

And that's fine, I was just saying stating an opinion, that opinion wasn't meant as a 'snide remark' toward the Browns.

[quote=braylonsHands]

Anyways, thanks for posting and just wanted to share my thoughts.

But as far as us being spoiled, y'all are right. We have been very fortunate to have one of the best FO's in the business. As for people not being "okay" with an 8-8 record, perhaps I'm one of the few Steelers fans that was satisfied with our season given how it went, but you're right, we don't see much adversity in the win/loss column.[/quote]

I can't believe you seriously think Gordon and Schwartz are the worst at their positions in our division.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I can't believe you seriously think Gordon and Schwartz are the worst at their positions in our division.

Actually I don't, though when it comes to RT it's a tough choice when you look at the RT's in the division. I edited that after I posted it, after you responded to it. I was still making up my mind on a few positions. Thanks for caring though Very Happy

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Actually I don't, though when it comes to RT it's a tough choice when you look at the RT's in the division. I edited that after I posted it, after you responded to it. I was still making up my mind on a few positions. Thanks for caring though Very Happy

Somebodies gotta look out for my Browns lol

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: