You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Best OLB Crew In The AFC North
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Baltimore
2. Pittsburgh
3. Cleveland
4. Cincinnati

If only you guys still had Maiava. Speaking of which, I saw a guy today in the caf that looked exactly like him Shocked was it him?
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking purely OLB, Pittsburgh has Woodley and...?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Pittsburgh has Woodley and Timmons. Baltimore has Doom and Suggs.

I could see our guys passing them very soon.

First of all, Timmons is an ILB and the title of the thread says OLB. If we're going total LB Corps, I'll take Pittsburgh or Baltimore every day of the week.

Woodley was out of shape and the aging James Harrison, who I might add had to practically beg someone to sign him, was on our team last season, I'm not saying he's not good, I'm simply saying he's out of shape.

If Woodley gets in shape and Jarvis Jones does indeed beat out Worilds, who I might add was not a starter for 90% of last season so his stats aren't terrible for playing out of a bench role. Add Foote who played respectably for an aging player, I think The Steelers could be one of the top LB Corps in the division for sure.

That's not an attempt to discredit the Browns who's addition of Mingo was smart imo and have a lot of promise within their LB Corps. Honestly, I think the determination of who is ultimately better in that regard may come down to the final few match ups of the season, because we can all each other 'the worst' or 'the best' all we want but imo, we're all pretty darn good.

candyman93 wrote:

Jason Worilds/Jarvis Jones. I think you are overlooking the fact, as stated above, that Worilds was a back up to James Harrison last season and filled in at times for Woodley, getting the stats you listed above. 5 Sacks for a guy coming off the bench isn't that bad imo. This season, he'll start....if Jarvis "Dawg Bones" Jones doesn't beat him out for the job.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!

Last edited by wwhickok on Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Jarvis Jones
Jason Worilds (underwhelming so far)
That's all I can think of.

For the first time in a while, they look thin at OLB. I liked Jarvis Jones more than most pre-draft, but I hope he flops now, obviously.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
abbs1988

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
1. Baltimore
2. Pittsburgh
3. Cleveland
4. Cincinnati

If only you guys still had Maiava. Speaking of which, I saw a guy today in the caf that looked exactly like him Shocked was it him?

No, the day you see kaluka maiava is the day you... no, no let me not wake this sleeping dragon

"I Know What Hue Jackson Can Do" -Hue Jackson
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
Terrell and Dumervil give the Ravens the best in the AFC North and one of the best in the league. I think we are second and have a load of potential but until we prove something Baltimore is the answer.

Dallas and Kansas City are up there as well as duos. Those are probably my top 3

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
abbs1988

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Jarvis Jones
Jason Worilds (underwhelming so far)
That's all I can think of.

For the first time in a while, they look thin at OLB. I liked Jarvis Jones more than most pre-draft, but I hope he flops now, obviously.

Absolutely, dig the vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsBr8HqsEA ...he's got great linebacking skills... he is now the enemy, speaking of which I need to ditch this sig

abbs1988

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Let's expand this to front 7

That should be very tough.

I tried to rank them, it was damn near impossible.

Every team has holes in their front 7's

Our biggest hole is at ILB

I think I would take our front 3 against anybody though.

ILB's

The Ravens have Arthur Brown and ???

The Steelers obviously have Timmons

and Cincy has Maualuga

I can honestly say we have the 2nd best MLB group in the AFC North with DQJ/Robertson, and JMJ... and if these young guys develop then look out

Last edited by abbs1988 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we can hype and talk about the potential of Pittsburghs unproven guys why can't we do the same for ours? Mingo has the most potential out of any OLB in our division.

Comparing to Pittsburgh it goes:

1. Woodley
2. Krueger
3. Sheard
4. Worilds
5. Mingo
6. Jarvis Jones
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
So if we can hype and talk about the potential of Pittsburghs unproven guys why can't we do the same for ours? Mingo has the most potential out of any OLB in our division.

1. Woodley
2. Krueger
3. Jarvis Jones
4. Sheard
5. Mingo
6. Worilds

I agree with you on Woodley however... I fixed the rest for you. Wink In truth that's just how I see it working out, but we don't know what will come of Jones or Mingo yet. Honestly, I think Mingo & Jones are going to turn out to be the best two of that entire list.

Also I'm curious what you're basing the bolded statement on..draft position? I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, maybe you're right, I personally think Jarvis is more Pro Ready, perhaps Mingo has the higher ceiling. Idk, I'm not an expert, just voicing my opinion but I think Mingo was an excellent pick for Cleveland.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

1. Woodley
2. Krueger
3. Jarvis Jones
4. Sheard
5. Mingo
6. Worilds

I agree with you on Woodley however... I fixed the rest for you. Wink In truth that's just how I see it working out, but we don't know what will come of Jones or Mingo yet. Honestly, I think Mingo & Jones are going to turn out to be the best two of that entire list.

I ranked Worilds and Jones the way I did because I don't know how that battle will play out. They could easily be switched on my list.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I ranked Worilds and Jones the way I did because I don't know how that battle will play out. They could easily be switched on my list.

I'd agree with that, Honestly, I hate ranking players because, especially in this division, they're so different.

But I'm not a fan of Worilds and I've never hid that, I think his stats look really good for the limited role he played last year but I fully expect Jarvis Jones to start in game 1.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
abbs1988

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

1. Woodley
2. Krueger

3. Sheard
4. Worilds

5. Mingo
6. Jarvis Jones

I think it will be a tight go this year between Pit and CLE. I think it comes down to who plays better out of these three tiers of LB's... and which rookie has a more of a breakout year... my money's on mingo

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appears to be a few homers in this thread. Cool

Baltimore is clearly number 1. TSizzle and Dumervil are both Pro Bowlers who have previously led the league in sacks. Courtney Upshaw provides nice depth and John Simon is an intriguing rookie.

Pittsburgh is 2nd. Woodley is a proven guy in LeBeau's 3-4 and a former Pro Bowler. Jason Worilds is the latest in the long line of Pitt OLB's to have been properly groomed and will probably start opposite Woodley. Jarvis Jones will compete for a backup role.

Cincinnati is 3rd. Different scheme, but more proven players. Harrison is Harrison. On the decline, but still solid. Burfict had a very solid rookie year.

Cleveland pulls up the rear. Paul Kruger had a good year last season, but he's changing teams and will now be looked at as the teams best pass rusher. Can he handle the extra attention offensive lines will be paying him? Sheard has proven to be solid the past 2 years....but in a 4-3. Mingo is as talented as any rookie in this class. How much he will be able to contribute remains to be seen.

Bottom line is there are too many unknowns to put Cleveland anywhere but at the bottom. I will say however, we have enough talent to make this same discussion very different at seasons end if everyone develops/transitions well.
abbs1988

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
Terrell and Dumervil give the Ravens the best in the AFC North and one of the best in the league. I think we are second and have a load of potential but until we prove something Baltimore is the answer.

Dallas and Kansas City are up there as well as duos. Those are probably my top 3

Did Dallas retain Anthony Spencer?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: