Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulaga to LT, Sitton to LG, Lang to RG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
ayt wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I don't doubt Sherrod can play RT. Just think it takes away the "special" in him. He sure as hell is not a 1st round RT prospect.

Guard is a little different. I don't even think he would be league average in there. Leverage would be a HUGE issue for him. I don't think he has the mindset to get by with less in there either. Tough kid, but there is not much dog in him.

If Sherrod has any "special" in him he can earn a starting spot at RT and then move to LT as soon as next season.

Maybe, I just have a hard time buying into them doing this all again. If Bulaga grades well at LT, very good chance he stays there long term IMO.

EDIT: as for your add on there. That's just not how it works. Sherrod's game plays much different at RT.
I said something akin to this. I was not believed. Vindication.

Last edited by HyponGrey on Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayt wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
ayt wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I don't doubt Sherrod can play RT. Just think it takes away the "special" in him. He sure as hell is not a 1st round RT prospect.

Guard is a little different. I don't even think he would be league average in there. Leverage would be a HUGE issue for him. I don't think he has the mindset to get by with less in there either. Tough kid, but there is not much dog in him.

If Sherrod has any "special" in him he can earn a starting spot at RT and then move to LT as soon as next season.

Maybe, I just have a hard time buying into them doing this all again. If Bulaga grades well at LT, very good chance he stays there long term IMO.

EDIT: as for your add on there. That's just not how it works. Sherrod's game plays much different at RT.

What is the alternative? Let Newhouse battle it out at LT after two extremely disappointing seasons at LT against Sherrod, a guy that hasn't played a snap since his rookie year and wasn't impressive as a rook, and, perhaps, a 4th round OT in Bakhtiari?

Sherrod my have a high ceiling as a LT, but thus far he's shown nothing as an NFL player and he hasn't taken an NFL snap since December 18th, 2011. I love his potential, but there is a gigantic difference between his potential as a 1st round pick a couple years ago and where he is now. Given what has transpired for him as a pro, the Packers should have no expectations for him entering this season.

Going into the season with a gigantic question mark in Sherrod as the only competition at LT for a subpar Newhouse would be extremely foolish. Moving Bulaga to LT and letting a handful of players battle it out for the RT spot is the shrewd move. If Sherrod has any future as an NFL LT, he should win the spot fairly easily.

I would not fight you on a word of that!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
ayt wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I said something akin to this. I was not believed. Vindication.

Not sure why anyone would fight ya on that. That's the case with any lineman making a move to a new position. Bulaga, Sitton, and Lang's game will all play a little different in their new homes as well. Not saying it's a bad thing(maybe in Sherrod's case) just is what it is. I just think it stands out more with Sherrod. That's not to say the man can't play RT though.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really isn't difficult. Moving to Bulaga to LT puts our best tackle on the left. You switch Sitton and Lang because Bulaga and Sitton play very well alongside each other. With all the moving around, it provides SOME consistency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: