Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulaga to LT, Sitton to LG, Lang to RG
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkfan191

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Bulaga to LT, Sitton to LG, Lang to RG Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-offensive-line-undergoes-a-makeover-4u9q9at-205911961.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
The season opener is four months away and a lot can happen between now and then, but the Green Bay Packers are starting the off-season with some major changes on their offensive line.

The most noteworthy is that right tackle Bryan Bulaga is moving to the left side to be quarterback Aaron Rodgers' blind-side protector, replacing last year's starter Marshall Newhouse.

In addition, the coaches have flipped guards T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton, moving Lang from left to right and Sitton from right to left. Newhouse, 2012 undrafted free agent Don Barclay and 2011 first-round pick Derek Sherrod will all have a shot to start at right tackle.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I can get why Bulaga is being put at LT, we want our best tackle protecting Rodgers' blindside. But why would Sitton and Lang switch?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sherrod is healthy, why would we put him at RT? He's a natural LT. Also, would like to know the reason behind flipping Sitton and Lang. Is it just to keep Bulaga and Sitton together? Not sure I agree with any of these moves.

Kempes on the custom sig!
packerjmf

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I even looked at the way Josh played left guard (at the) Pro Bowl," McCarthy said. "There was a lot of information that went into this decision.

Gotta love the Pro Bowl factoring into the decision. Laughing

So is Sherrod pretty much a bust for us then if he's not going to play LT? He's not at all a good fit at RT, right?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
If Sherrod is healthy, why would we put him at RT? He's a natural LT. Also, would like to know the reason behind flipping Sitton and Lang. Is it just to keep Bulaga and Sitton together? Not sure I agree with any of these moves.

I'm taking this as "coaches believe Sherrod will not be 100% come training camp."

So Sherrod may well back up Bulaga at LT, and the position battle will be at RT.
justo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting..not sure what to think of the RT battle
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
AtariB20

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, I don't study the OL often... but basing it off of his body size and everything, doesn't Newhouse project to be a better RT than LT?? I really feel like Bulaga can be just as good on the left side as right. Bulaga is an above average RT. If he can be just as good on the left side, and Newhouse can go from below average on the left to average on the right, this could be a huge upgrade.

But god I hope Sherrod is healthy
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you flip Lang and Sitton? Makes 0 sense to me. I find this all hard to believe. No way Sherrod wins the RT spot over Newhouse .
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

I don't understand this either. I feel bad for him. First they try him out at guard and he stunk cuz he's no guard. Now they want to put him over at RT when he's a natural LT? And we wonder why our O line struggles? Rolling Eyes There is nothing wrong with a little versatility but this moving guys around on your O line like its musical chairs is crazy.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

I don't understand this either. I feel bad for him. First they try him out at guard and he stunk cuz he's no guard. Now they want to put him over at RT when he's a natural LT? And we wonder why our O line struggles? Rolling Eyes

Putting our best tackle at the most important position on the OL. Everybody questioned putting Bulaga at RT right away, but Clifton was our best tackle at that time. It was 1 year too late, but it is smart to put Bulaga at LT. I would much rather have our LT solidified and have Newhouse/Sherrod fight for RT than LT. Having a LT of the future is much better than having a RT of the future
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Newhouse's best position was at LT and same for Sitton at LG? Intriguing, maybe Palmy can offer some eval on this. Very Happy
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Sherrod = Done? You don't do this until you have to, right?
Kal-El

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be right back at their original spots well before preseason. Guarantee it.

<33333333
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love the idea of moving the guards. But I have said from day1 that Bulaga would be my starting LT and I would have then told the others to move over to RT and grow a pair!!! I want my best tackle playing LT though. Always felt they kept Bulaga at RT for the "greater good" after the Sherrod pick. I could get over it but did not agree with it by any means.

The guard thing sure is odd though. I don't think it's a big deal and feel they both can pull both fits. But can't think of any great reason to move them either. Both were in their natural spots from my POV. Not sure I could get behind that one.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Rodgers is planning on playing left-handed this year, just to troll everyone and still win MVP. Gotta flip the OL to reflect that.

.flash on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: