Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So it continues , Freeney and Abraham to visit!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: So it continues , Freeney and Abraham to visit!! Reply with quote

Either one would help this team , they both would bring veteran leadership to this defense , which we need. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/titans-expected-to-check-out-freeney-as-well/
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, there is nothing confirmed with Freeney, just speculation from Rappaport. Ideally we sign Abraham tomorrow and don't have to worry about it. Pray
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Abraham, but Freeney already knows the division and I feel he would wanna stick it to the Colts for the last 2 years of "Is he staying or is he going"
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Abraham better than Freeney but signing big names that used to be good is not a recipe for success in the NFL. You almost never get your money's worth.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I like Abraham better than Freeney but signing big names that used to be good is not a recipe for success in the NFL. You almost never get your money's worth.

Agreed. However, Abraham has had 2 successful seasons in a row while also being in his mid 30s.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Normally would agree TR, but Abraham has 32.5 sacks over the last three years and 64.5 over the last six. We wouldn't be signing a guy that used to be good, we'd be signing one that pretty much still is.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring in Abraham for a 1yr deal and see where it goes from there. There's still tread on the tires.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
lamont

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have Abraham over Freeney. You take away Freeney's spin move and its a wrap. As I said yesterday if they sign any of the vet DEs they are looking at, they will have to cut one or more of the young guys at the DE position. Solomon & Dawson come to mind off the top of my head.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Abraham over Freeney. It's not that I think Freeney doesn't have any game left, but I think he'll demand a little too much. I think his down year was due to him playing in the 3-4, and that's not his style of play.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney & Abraham are not going to play special teams. Idonije may play on them, he always seemed like a blue collar type player from afar to me. That is something to keep in mind if they sign one of these guys. It would push one of the younger DEs off the roster and create a hole on special teams.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a little ahead of myself about Freeney visiting but now it's confirmed. http://www.chatsports.com/tennessee-titans/a/Titans-To-Talk-To-Former-Colts-DL-Dwight-Freeney-2-7817383
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FutureIsWhite wrote:
I got a little ahead of myself about Freeney visiting but now it's confirmed. http://www.chatsports.com/tennessee-titans/a/Titans-To-Talk-To-Former-Colts-DL-Dwight-Freeney-2-7817383
From what I can tell, that's just another site that seems to be reading a little too far into Rappaport's tweet. Glennon and McCormick have both tweeted out today that there is no visit scheduled. Obviously there's a good chance we meet with him at some point, but nothing confirmed.

But, as I'd rather have Abraham anyways, hopefully we can just get a deal done with him.
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you 100%!! Getting a veteran who still can bring it would be huge for us this year and make are draft plans look even smarter by passing on a d end early. Abraham has been a beast the last 3 years so let's sign this guy and move forward .
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Abraham would be okay with not starting. Given his resume the past few years, he certainly can make the argument that he should be a starter wherever he goes.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Titans can add John Abraham, I think that's the best move. This guy probably does not have much high-level football left in the tank, but he can at least contribute for a year or so.

Freeney, I'd be interested to see what the return to a 4-3 could do for him. He couldn't play in the Ruby packages, but still I do believe he could provide some life to the pass rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: