Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

June 1st-what to do with the money?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
I don't want any old veteran players back, honestly. Tired of the hinderance when it comes to them and younger players. Move on let those other players go and stop stunting the growth of younger players..

bingo.

Cam should be allowed to compete for the LDE position. Shame it isn't a real competition

I don't get any of this kind of thinking. For one, maybe the Steeler coaches see the young players as not being capable so they have to sign vets, aka Starks because he is at least competent, and the Steelers try to have a competitive team. Signing a vet should bring competition to the spot. Make people compete. Now, I am not for bringing in guys for big contracts, but competition contracts for one year are okay.

The other thing is, and I may be wrong on this, but maybe, just maybe, there is an open competition at the DE spots and Hood is just better than Heyward. I don't think the coaches really try to put a guy in a spot that is worse. Maybe the designate Hood as solely a LDE and Heyward as a RDEl, but I have not heard any of that.
bingo! There is no conspiracy, the best players play the most snaps.

Perhaps, but only after the "starter" gets injured. Overall I think 97 should start over 99 or 96. Instead he sits the bench. Idea
i think the coaches know more than us. I trust some of he best defensive coaches in nfl history to make the correct personnel decisions over a group of disgruntled fans who want to see their 1st round draft pick play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: