Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An article all Saints fans who doubted Vaccaro should read.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesolution

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I think a lot of us are underrating Vaccaros coverage abilities. He could absolutely play deep zone. The guy has incredible instincts and acceleration. I feel the main issue is a lot of us wanted a pass rusher and because we didn't select one at 15, people are upset. As I said before, Vacarro is a better prospect then Barron who went #7 overall and I see Vacarro having a huge impact on our defense.

Moral Of the Jenkins Story: IQ and Man Coverage Ability doesn't Always Mean Zone Coverage Ability. The Only Way You Know If He Can Do It Is By Seeing Him Do it.

Jenkins was also a converted CB, Vaccaro played at safety and he played in zone coverage sometimes at Texas. Plus, who said Jenkins was a high IQ safety? He played CB his entire career at Ohio State, we had NO way of knowing how his IQ would be at FS.

That part is not entirely true. I believe his senior season he played a ton of Safety at OSU. In fact I remember reading that most of his INTs that season came from him at the S position instead of CB.

I'm sure he played a bit of it here and there but I don't remember him ever playing it for significant amounts of time, I'm sure Raves would know better then us though so I'll wait for him to chyme in. My point was though, that just because Jenkins had a good football IQ at CB it doesn't necessarily mean he'll have a good football IQ at S.
Man reading these scouting reports from Jenkins college days makes me sad though, I remember how excited I was when we drafted him Crying or Very sad

Well Harp I don't know about you but I blame SP for our defensive downfall. What this is now our 4th defensive coach? It's a shame..

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: