Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eddie Lacy vs Jarvis Jones

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Eddie Lacy vs Jarvis Jones Reply with quote

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this so that I can get the input of Palmy and maybe some of you other more knowledgeable posters. However, I'm extremely confused lately about the reports of Pittsburgh refusing to touch Eddie Lacy due to his fused toe.

Why is it that they would remove Eddie Lacy from their board because of this but had no problem drafting Jarvis Jones in the 1st round and he was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis.

People are automatically writing off Lacy because of the need @ RB for Pittsburgh and the fact that they passed on him because of this injury but completely forgetting that they took Jarvis Jones who in retrospect has a much more alarming medical. What's the deal here?
Ronald323

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u should put this in Eddie Lacy topic
packerjmf

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Lacy thread:
palmy50 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
So, the Steelers have an issue with a toe fusion, but are cool with drafting guys with spinal stenosis (jarvis jones)? I take it they are drawing heat for taking Bell over Lacy ... that would explain their need to start dishing details on Lacy's medical history.

I'm not going to get into this much. But just want to say that Jones stenosis was low in his back. Many, MANY players have played with this issue over the years and every team in the league gave him a green light on medical. Stenosis is an issue when it's in the upper back and neck area. Only reason why this even came to light is because of the USC thing. Few others that got drafted in this class pulled the same card in their combine medical. Far more common than one might think.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC it was said that Jones has it in the lower back, and that a lot of players have that and still play. It only becomes a problem in the upper back/neck area. Only reason people know about Jones and the back is because USC wouldn't clear him, almost everybody else will.
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
u should put this in Eddie Lacy topic

I actually considered that but wasn't sure if because it was basically more of a Spinal Stenosis vs Fused Toe ordeal if that was the proper location either.

Whatever the mods feel is necessary I'm 100% okay with.
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, I apologize guys. I should have sifted through that first. Noted for next time. Thanks for the quick responses though. This one really threw me off. Made absolutely no sense. So glad to get it cleared up.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: