Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Conner Vernon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: UDFA Conner Vernon Reply with quote

Career Receptions Leader in the ACC

CAREER STATS :
SEASON
2012 - REC 85 - YDS 1074
2011 - REC 70 - YDS 956
2010 - REC 73 - YDS 973
2009 - REC 55 - YDS 746

Quote:
Vic Tafur

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper agrees with #Raiders fans when it comes to undrafted free agent WR Connor Vernon:

Kiper: "If he led the Raiders in catches in his second year, I wouldn't be surprised. In the mold of a Wes Welker, he's a technician with reliable hands. Make that tremendous hands, and he is the career receptions leader in the ACC."

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been talking about him in the UDFA, but this kid seems like he has the best chance to stick out of our UDFA's so far. I expect one of Mcguffie or Vernon to stick, along with McCoil. Our UDFA pool this year is sick.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Been talking about him in the UDFA, but this kid seems like he has the best chance to stick out of our UDFA's so far. I expect one of Mcguffie or Vernon to stick, along with McCoil. Our UDFA pool this year is sick.

I hope Vernon is as good as everyone says it'll be a great pic-up it may be the end of Ford in Oakland because he will play the slot.

I also think they are trying to replace Condo seeing they signed 2 long snappers.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

McCoil is not one of our announced signees.

McGuffie won't make the team, not in my estimation.

I like Vernon, but don't sleep on Butler. If we keep 6 they will both make it, if we keep 5 I honestly think Butler beats Vernon.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

I like Vernon, but don't sleep on Butler. If we keep 6 they will both make it, if we keep 5 I honestly think Butler beats Vernon.

Ford is a free agent next season he could be let go.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Well they better keep 6. Big issues with injuries with Ford and Moore. I dont really see Ford as a slot guy per se. He is a one two backup and situational guy. I dont think he is durable enough physically to take a bunch of hits over the middle.

And yes dont sleep on Butler. Our WR coach knows him well. If they thought Vernon had more value they would have drafted him instead. At this point though I see both guys making it.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill bet money that Vernon and Mady make the team. Pm me the addresses Wink
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what we trading Ford for?
101Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
holyghost wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Well they better keep 6. Big issues with injuries with Ford and Moore. I dont really see Ford as a slot guy per se. He is a one two backup and situational guy. I dont think he is durable enough physically to take a bunch of hits over the middle.

And yes dont sleep on Butler. Our WR coach knows him well. If they thought Vernon had more value they would have drafted him instead. At this point though I see both guys making it.

Most likely one of the two end up on the practice squad in my opinion
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor is so dam slow, its like having a small TE on the field.
early43

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

So we are trading Ford because of two UDFA?

Funny how people forget that Ford was starting over DHB in TC last year before he got hurt.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Connor is so dam slow, its like having a small TE on the field.

He looks fast to me. Not a blazer but quickness to get around defenders and behind coverage. Seems to be able to outrun defenders as well. Also while he ran a 4.6 something at the combine he has been clocked in the low 4.4's which is not that slow. Scouts.com officially marked him as 4.41.

He also was slightly above average on 20 yard shuffle and at the top in the 60 yard shuffle and average in 3 cone.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Funny how people forget that Ford was starting over DHB in TC last year before he got hurt.

Ford is the forgotten one because he's been out so long. He will have to re-prove himself this year. So will Moore imo.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
early43 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Ford is the forgotten one because he's been out so long. He will have to re-prove himself this year. So will Moore imo.

Yes. Ford was supposed to reprove himself last year and got hurt again so he is a year behind Moore in that regard. Two years ago DHB showed way more improvement than Ford did.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
early43 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Yes. Ford was supposed to reprove himself last year and got hurt again so he is a year behind Moore in that regard. Two years ago DHB showed way more improvement than Ford did.

Yeah but DHB improved into a semi decent WR from a waste of a roster spot. Ford had to become more consistent but at least he was a playmaker.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: