Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Linebacker in our future?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Is Linebacker in our future? Reply with quote

Now that the draft is over and once again Reese decided not to go linebacker, do you guys see us picking up another linebacker in the free agency or for that matter any other position that you see as a need?

I was all about bringing Boley back until I found out he's been beating his kids...no respect at all for him now. Disgusting human being.

I remember the media talking about both Urlacker and Dansby being possible candidates but I think that they've already got their veteran types in Connor and Rivers.

Still feel we need some more competition at linebacker.

Thoughts?
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we used 4 or 5 of our 6 UDFA signings on LB's...not saying that's a huge impact but we have been leaning heavily on our DL/DB's...and that's not surprising given the direction offenses have taken. The LB's we've had over the last ~5 years can't seem to cover TE's. Part of the reason why I love our 5th rounder.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
I believe we used 4 or 5 of our 6 UDFA signings on LB's...not saying that's a huge impact but we have been leaning heavily on our DL/DB's...and that's not surprising given the direction offenses have taken. The LB's we've had over the last ~5 years can't seem to cover TE's. Part of the reason why I love our 5th rounder.

Who else other than Sabino did we get at linebacker? I was just thinking the one and I think he has a good chance at making the roster.

I know Reese has invested a lot in our defensive line and secondary, hard to argue his logic with the success he's had over the years.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Dieuseul, the kid from Mount Union

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not making light of the idea or the need to get UDFAs, but we does anyone have any hope of a LB coming out of the UDFA to be impactful?

cause i'm sure not... though i'm definitely pulling for Jake Muasau to break through. would love to see him make some noise.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/4/29/4281832/2013-undrafted-free-agent-signings-new-york-giants-add-two-more

Quote:

Alonzo Tweedy, LB/S, Virginia Tech
Etienne Sabino, LB, Ohio State
Chase Clement, TE LSU
Charles James, DB, Charleston Southern
Charles Dieuseul, LB Mount Union
Kenny Miles, RB, South Carolina
Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech

Ok, so it's 3/7. For some reason I thought it was more than that?

Last edited by GmenSeattle on Thu May 02, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel pretty good about a JWill/Conner/Rivers trio. If the defensive line plays well the linebackers should be ok. Giants love that 4-2-5 package
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/4/29/4281832/2013-undrafted-free-agent-signings-new-york-giants-add-two-more

Quote:

Alonzo Tweedy, LB/S, Virginia Tech
Etienne Sabino, LB, Ohio State
Chase Clement, TE LSU
Charles James, DB, Charleston Southern
Charles Dieuseul, LB Mount Union
Kenny Miles, RB, South Carolina
Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech

Ok, so it's 3/7. For some reason I thought it was more than that?

Just got done debating with Maddhatter, feel like I went 6 rounds with Mike Tyson....lol.

I liked Tweedy, not sure if he'll be a linebacker but I like the idea of bringing him in as a special teams guy.

Not sure on Dieuseul, will have to find some tape on him.

Head is still swimming....Jesus I've got to learn to let some debates go. Hatter reminds me of my little brother. I love talking to him but at the end of the day i'm ready to drown him in the kitchen sink. Stubborn SOB....haha.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Charles Dieuseul, the kid from Mount Union

Think he'll make the roster?
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I feel pretty good about a JWill/Conner/Rivers trio. If the defensive line plays well the linebackers should be ok. Giants love that 4-2-5 package

Completely agree....Giants invest their dollars in pass rushers and secondary.

Personally, I would of liked to seen a higher pick in the secondary but I think we have a good group of guys there. Still would like to see Price break out of his shell. Guy was rock solid at Nebraska.

Another person I'd love to see stay healthy is Thomas, this guy was headed places on the roster and injuries killed him. One reason why I think Reese keeps bringing him back.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
not making light of the idea or the need to get UDFAs, but we does anyone have any hope of a LB coming out of the UDFA to be impactful?

cause i'm sure not... though i'm definitely pulling for Jake Muasau to break through. would love to see him make some noise.

Really the only guy I've got on my list of UDFA's of potentially breaking the line up at some point in his career is Sabino.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karlos Dansby. 31 years old, but coming off probably his most productive season to date. Of course, this move would make way too much sense to actually happen. Laughing

We could work with the current linebackers. Rivers, Connor, Kiwanuka. Then bring in Williams in the Nickel and send Connor and Kiwanuka to the bench. We just don't have that stud that can do it all.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Karlos Dansby. 31 years old, but coming off probably his most productive season to date. Of course, this move would make way too much sense to actually happen. Laughing

We could work with the current linebackers. Rivers, Connor, Kiwanuka. Then bring in Williams in the Nickel and send Connor and Kiwanuka to the bench. We just don't have that stud that can do it all.

Kiwi is back at DE.
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Kiwi is back at DE.

Today...
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Kiwi is back at DE.

Today...

He's still at that joker role

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: