Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Safety
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
For Woodson, its not about finding his place, its probably about knowing his place. I love the guy, its the only jersey I own, but you know the guy isn't going to go from 10 million per to 1 million per. Unfortunately, thats what can happen in the span of one year. I'm sure he could land a spot, but teams don't even bother because they know the price tag far outweighs his worth at this time. Sad but true.

Yes, him still being unemployed speaks volumes to me. Sad

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
For Woodson, its not about finding his place, its probably about knowing his place. I love the guy, its the only jersey I own, but you know the guy isn't going to go from 10 million per to 1 million per. Unfortunately, thats what can happen in the span of one year. I'm sure he could land a spot, but teams don't even bother because they know the price tag far outweighs his worth at this time. Sad but true.

Yes, him still being unemployed speaks volumes to me. Sad

I wonder at what point he pushes pride aside and plays for the min?

On the other hand, is he the player that might just hang em up if he isn't being paid his worth? He is still on the coat tails of that Pick6 record isn't he? I don't think he got it yet...

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodson need not worry. Come TC and preseason, the moment someone gets hurt, his phone will ring and he will get more then if he just settled now. That is a plug and play guy, he will be ready to play in any system and does not need much camp or practice.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodson doesn't show up for anything that isn't mandatory anyway. He just wants to sign in time to get his reps and be ready for week 1. He and Green Bay could already have a gentlemens agreement that if Woodson doesn't sign by August 1st, he's coming back at X dollars.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Woodson is coming back to GB, but I'm not so sure the Packers expected him to be available at this point either. I guess if the Packers decide they need to add a veteran at safety prior to training camp then Woodson would make some sense.

I've wondered if his departure was solely based on dollar figures, or if there was some sort of an attitude issue underneath it all. Or could it be that the Packers just didn't think he could play worth a lick any longer?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:

I've wondered if his departure was solely based on dollar figures, or if there was some sort of an attitude issue underneath it all. Or could it be that the Packers just didn't think he could play worth a lick any longer?
\

Definitely A and C. I doubt it had anything to do with attitude.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
I seem to have heard that Kerry Rhodes is a bit of a pre-madonna ('been a while) and that coaches in both NY and ARZ got sick him after some time.

Also, there are strong rumors about him being gay. Without touching that topic on a political or moral level (against forum rules), there are clear football implications for that. It can be an issue in the locker room, and the media attention would no doubt create a distraction.

So yeah, Rhodes is still good, it would be a good addition on paper, but there are some red-flags with him that could explain both why he was cut and not being signed.

Really? He was something of a [inappropriate/removed] with Arizona, too? I know he was a bit of a "diva" in his time with the Jets. I mean, he basically demanded a trade from them because, from what I've read and understand, he didn't fit their system, but I've never heard anything about him acting up while he was with the Cardinals. If he did, I guess I wasn't aware of it, but if that's the case, then maybe we might be better off staying far and away from him and keeping that 3rd/4th round comp pick for Jennings next year.

Besides, I hear the Browns are interested in him, and have $35 mil in cap room to boot. There's that whole Ray Horton connection thing going on in Cleveland, and they basically got worse from last year's squad with their latest draft, so he'll fit right in.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have Woodson back for my own selfish reasons. He's one of my favorite all time Packers. Really want him to land somewhere so I can continue to root for him.

But yeah...I don't see a place for him on this team anymore. He's lost a step, but I think a team can use his instincts in the box. It was kinda rough seeing him out there last year, though. You could just tell he lost his burst.

I for one am a supporter of bringing Kerry Rhodes here. Like his skill set, and I don't trust Jennings or McMillan...yet. But as it stands now, all signs point to Ted and MM giving them a shot in camp and going from there. McMillan will be the guy I'm looking for on defense...I really hope he puts it all together this year
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Kerry Rhodes has been bouncing from team to team for a reason. As for him being gay, who cares? Seriously...

While my signature on here defines my opinion on our Safety corps. That's more of an "at the moment" type of thing. I really like what I saw out of McMillian last year and I really think we need to be giving him more opportunities to shine.
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
First of all, Kerry Rhodes has been bouncing from team to team for a reason. As for him being gay, who cares? Seriously...

While my signature on here defines my opinion on our Safety corps. That's more of an "at the moment" type of thing. I really like what I saw out of McMillian last year and I really think we need to be giving him more opportunities to shine.

Me, too, I just think it's kinda risky to have him start just yet and not even give him somebody to compete with in TC in the draft. But we'll see how it pans out, I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: