Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

if we lost to Cleveland...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: if we lost to Cleveland... Reply with quote

I argued with a few of you about it last year and I stand by my opinion that you don't play to lose and am happy we beat Cleveland week 17...

but.... if we lost week 17 where would we have drafted?

Who would you have taken in the first?

Think our draft would've changed much?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
waffles7

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Jarvis Jones has been my favorite player since the season ended and I was thrilled to land him at #17....never have I gotten my favorite player a top my board drafted to us before. Closets I've gotten was Earl Thomas back in 2010. Funny story, when I seen a trade up to #13 I got out of my seat and started cheering thinking...better yet hoping it was Pittsburgh trading up for Thomas but it was just Philly trading up for Graham. Laughing

I dont think our draft would have been much different at all. I think at #17 we wanted to address defense especially pass rusher and by pick 6 the other three pass rushers were off the board: Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo. Im happy with the outcome of this draft and happy we beat Cleveland week 17 because I drove 3 and a half hours to watch the game that day.

Only think Id have wanted in the draft which cant be changed even if we lost week 17 because they'd still pick ahead of us IIRC but I wanted Keenan Allen bad in round 3 and seeing him go to San Diego was heartbreaking.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isnt like 2006 and 2009. 2006 we won a meaningless last game, which cost us our chance at potentially Patrick Willis (not sure if we wouldve picked ahead of 49ers). 2009 we were still in the hunt at the end, but if we lost even one of our last 3 games, we couldve got Earl Thomas.

This year, the only player I wouldve POTENTIALLY been happier with is Star. Jarvis was one of the top players I wanted so I am happy.

And for the record, Im not saying we shouldve lost any of our games just to get a better draft pick...just saying we couldve had these players if we had lost.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks to me like the team addressed all the more important needs with the first 5 picks. How can we complain, even I can't complain Crying or Very sad

Problem is, how do these players get a chance? Seems like this team only plays rookies if injuries force them to Rolling Eyes

Would it surprise anyone if jones, bell , wheaton, thomas play better than the starters to be? Ok, Thomas is doubtful Razz
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones was the guy I wanted so he's still would have been my pick. Star would have been tempting and I would have really liked that selection as well. However, it does seem like that Jones was the guy that the Steelers wanted no matter what.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
Problem is, how do these players get a chance? Seems like this team only plays rookies if injuries force them to Rolling Eyes

I'd love to see one of your posts free of complaints.... just 1.

Everyone needs to get over the rookies never get to play... boo hoo...

I don't think that will be the case this year... there has never been a RULE of this. Wallace played plenty as a rookie and so did AB. Woodley saw the field a good bit as a rookie, and Pouncey.

Heard Haley said Bell is a 3 down back so sounds like he will see a lot of playing time.

Wheaton depends on how he learns the playbook.

Jones should definitely see a lot of time.

Thomas hopefully can get on the field a lot to help keep our old safeties fresh.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we would have lost to Cleveland we would have been picking significantly higher. However, I still think we would have taken Jarvis Jones.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
The Curtain

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell with that. No team ever, in any sport, should tank. You're paid absurd money to be pros, so be them.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
If we would have lost to Cleveland we would have been picking significantly higher. However, I still think we would have taken Jarvis Jones.

agreed. I would've been all over Star Lotulelei though
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we would've taken Jones.

Personally, I was hoping Star fell but Jones would've been my next pick.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, I think it would have affected later rounds and the potential for trading down.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing to Cleveland once in a season is traumatic enough.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Hell with that. No team ever, in any sport, should tank. You're paid absurd money to be pros, so be them.

Wow. I hope you're referring to something someone else said Cuz nowhere in the OP did I suggest otherwise.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Losing to Cleveland once in a season is traumatic enough.

I know tecnically we lost, but lets face it...they didnt really beat us.

Not making excuses, but when you are down to your 3rd string QB and you have a fluke game with that many fumbles, and the opposing team cant even beat you by more than 1 score, its pretty clear that they were handed the game.

If we faced a team that was legitimately better than us and had that many turnovers, we wouldve lost by AT LEAST 2 TDs, and probably more.

Cleveland has won two games vs us in recent memory and I dont see either as a legit defeat. 2009 was terrible weather, and while they had to play in it too, they dont call weather "the great equalizer" for nothing.

Take away an injury to Ben and one game with heavy winds and the Browns havent legit beat us straight up in over a decade.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
3rivers wrote:

I'd love to see one of your posts free of complaints.... just 1.

Then look at posts when Adams started at RT and when the running game was good and we dominated 3 straight weeks agains said to be good teams

Everyone needs to get over the rookies never get to play... boo hoo...

only way to get over it is to have injuries, and to me that isn't right. These coaches need to give up on that philosophy.

I don't think that will be the case this year... there has never been a RULE of this. Wallace played plenty as a rookie and so did AB. Woodley saw the field a good bit as a rookie, and Pouncey.

Those were out of absolute necessity .

Heard Haley said Bell is a 3 down back so sounds like he will see a lot of playing time.

again, this is out of necessity , since red and dwyer never proved much last year. Dwyer has potential, just lazy.

Wheaton depends on how he learns the playbook.

Jones should definitely see a lot of time.

How should he? It sounds like worilds has this to lose, so unless worild is hurt (or woodley ?) then jones won't see the field much. Maybe he will get his chance in passing downs?

Thomas hopefully can get on the field a lot to help keep our old safeties fresh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: