Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keim's Draft Analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Keim's Draft Analysis Reply with quote

Clark Judge of CBS Sports interviewed Keim to get his take on why we took each guy and how they fit into the team. I'll only post some quotes I found particularly interesting but I'd recommend clicking on the link and reading the whole thing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/22172416/anatomy-of-a-draft-cards-gm-keim-breaks-down-highly-regarded-haul

Jonathan Cooper
Quote:
Jonathan Cooper was in our top five, regardless of position because we truly feel he has a unique skill set -- tremendous feet, bend, athleticism, can pull and play in space -- to play that position. On top of that, he has rare character and intangibles.

Quote:
When we talked about 'Coop,' there were a lot of reports that compared him to Alan Faneca or Randall McDaniel, and we had him rated higher (than guard Chance Warmack) because, schematically, he was a better fit.

Kevin Minter
Quote:
"We had first-round grades on Kevin and felt like he was another guy who was a great fit for our scheme.

Tyrann Mathieu
Quote:
Obviously, his versatility to play some safety, to play some corner, to play the nickel in the slot and to return punts [is appealing], and his instincts are really unique.

Quote:
"I'm not na´ve. There is that element of risk there. But we just felt really good about the kid's personality, and he had a sincerity about him where he wants to do the right things."

Alex Okafor
Quote:
Not only did he fit a positional need and was a good schematic fit, he was the best player on the board.

Earl Watford
Quote:
"As far as Watford, he was a small-school guy with huge upside. He really had a lot of similarities to Cooper athletically and size-wise. Obviously, he's raw and unpolished for the position, but he kind of reminds me of a little stronger version of Reggie Wells, whom we drafted out of Clarion.

Stepfan Taylor
Quote:
"The guy's just a good football player. I'm not saying he's Anquan Boldin, but he's a guy who is like an Anquan Boldin-type of player in that the measurables don't impress you. He's not the biggest, and he's not the fastest. But at the end of the day, he's one of the most productive.

Ryan Swope
Quote:
"We see Swope as low-risk. As a player, he could end up being like a Brandon Stokley type -- someone you can put in the slot and someone with speed and quickness. He's a savvy guy. He really knows how to run routes and set up defenders.

Andre Ellington
Quote:
At the end of the day, he was sticking out like a sore thumb on our board -- going back to the best-player-available idea and knowing that we're probably going to keep four backs and that two of the first four we have -- Rashard Mendenhall and Ryan Williams -- have had some bad luck with injuries.

DC Jefferson
Quote:
He's a guy who's still just scratching the surface. He has great length, he has range for catching the football and he's pretty good in-line as a blocker. We just felt like he's a guy who could end up developing into a starter or a potentially significant role player for us."
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to argue with that.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting to here his thoughts.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, but nothing really shocking. Kind of what you would expect a GM to say about the players he drafted.

sig made by mike23md
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it would be cool if the GM said "yeh didnt really want him, got out voted by the owner, really sucks he is here for 4 years"

Or "we wanted player X and my assistant sent in the details of player Y"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: