Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Football School begins... May 31st
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Football School begins... May 31st Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPBt52bJDE

Boldin begins "football school" with Kap and the 49ers.

Not sure there will be enough info for a thread, but whateverz... I don't see a better place to put this.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 49ers officially began "football school" this week, the next phase in the offseason program focusing on non-contact drills and football fundamentals. "The toughness he brings to the game, the intensity he brings to the game - it's all put in there with the finesse that he also brings," Williams noted. "He has a great balance of putting it all together and making plays." Rogers and Williams aren't the only ones who are impressed. Boldin has liked what he's seen in the first two football school workouts. "I think we're a good team, but like a said, we're still building," Boldin said. “I do see a hungry team, a team that wants to avenge what happened last year. For me, I'm glad to be a part of that because my whole thing is winning championships." Boldin is looking forward to this early stage in the offseason, trying to pick up as much as he can before the start of the season. Though he may be the veteran of the wide receiver group, he's been learning from his younger teammates as well as the coaching staff.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Anquan-Boldin-Picks-Up-Offense/c94d7151-edcc-4a74-bb3f-5e1570ca0fb5

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the video!
Love these.

Also marlon Moore and ricardo lockete are the 2 racing towards the end. Wasn't sure with 19, thought Moore and looked it up and it was.

I'm excited. Also I really like kdub. Fingers crossed for aj

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Thanks for the video!
Love these.

Also marlon Moore and ricardo lockete are the 2 racing towards the end. Wasn't sure with 19, thought Moore and looked it up and it was.

Oh cool! I was wondering about that, but got distracted before I could really check. Liked that speed! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Thanks for the video!
Love these.

Oh cool! I was wondering about that, but got distracted before I could really check. Liked that speed! Shocked

Unfortunately, I just don't know where we could put him on the team. His skills are super raw; he's got speed, but I can't see him beating anyone out for the roster, even Jenkins who i think will be relegated to the bottom of the depth chart as wide receiver #6. Mayhaps we can spend a year converting him to cornerback for next year lol; his speed would be an asset, doesn't have to have great hands...If Ohio State could turn Chris Gamble from a decently regarded wide receiver to a first round cornerback in basically a season and a half, I see no reason we couldn't do something like that with Lockette.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Thanks for the video!
Love these.

Unfortunately, I just don't know where we could put him on the team. His skills are super raw; he's got speed, but I can't see him beating anyone out for the roster, even Jenkins who i think will be relegated to the bottom of the depth chart as wide receiver #6. Mayhaps we can spend a year converting him to cornerback for next year lol; his speed would be an asset, doesn't have to have great hands...If Ohio State could turn Chris Gamble from a decently regarded wide receiver to a first round cornerback in basically a season and a half, I see no reason we couldn't do something like that with Lockette.

Well obviously, that's why the OTAs and preseason activities are important. I'd give Lockette a fair shot at competing with AJJ, Patton, Kyle W, etc. and may the best man prove himself and earn his roster spot. If AJJ can't hang? Then cut him loose. I have no strong favorites in this race. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Thanks for the video!
Love these.

Well obviously, that's why the OTAs and preseason activities are important. I'd give Lockette a fair shot at competing with AJJ, Patton, Kyle W, etc. and may the best man prove himself and earn his roster spot. If AJJ can't hang? Then cut him loose. I have no strong favorites in this race. Smile

I have no strong favorites, but my dislike of Jenkins is pretty obvious lol. I thought that next year was the year he was going to be gone, but for some reason, I could really see him being on the hot seat this year. I know a lot of people think i'm nuts, but I don't think he's shown anything since coming to this level, and I seriously wonder about his potential. I still like Kyle W, and I know the coaching staff does too. I love Patton as a potential very good number 2. With Jenkins, the only thing I really see is a guy who should be able to blow the top off a defense (think really poor man's Mike Wallace), but he can't get off the line and isn't strong enough to take physical corner play (also wonder about his lapses in concentration). This is one of the best battles of training camp in my opinon and one i'll be watching with rapt attention.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
This is one of the best battles of training camp in my opinon and one i'll be watching with rapt attention.

I agree... and I don't hold the same ill feeling towards AJJ as you seem to, but he hasn't really done anything to make me want to "fight" for him either. I'm just glad that we will seem to have enough weaponry to survive the chance of him really being a bust.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore Becomes Jack-of-All-Trades

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Kilgore-Becomes-Jack-of-All-Trades/2925762d-53e9-4272-8717-3d43cdd26bd1

Quote:
Keeping track of Daniel Kilgore this offseason is no small task. The third-year lineman has spent much of his time at center, but you can also find No. 67 lined up at guard, tackle and even long snapper. With select veterans electing to work out on their own during the voluntary workouts, Kilgore has made the most of his opportunities at 49ers HQ. Offseason “football school” sessions are a valuable opportunity for the 6-foot-3, 308-pound lineman to get additional reps, not only at his primary positions of guard and center, but wherever he may be needed. In fact, most of the OL have been rotating at several positions to get in extra work. "Eventually I want to be a starter," Kilgore stated. "Right now, knowing what to do at every spot helps me out. Being able to help the other guys out when we're out on the field helps them out as well." Looking like he's in the best shape of his career, Kilgore is eager to compete this offseason for a greater role. "I really want to step up my game,” Kilgore said. “Not pushing anybody's buttons or anything, but me pushing my game to be a starter will also help the starters push themselves. In the end, we all get better from it. Competition is good. The offseason, that's all it's about."

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't rookie minicamp start today? Looking forward to reading what the beat writers have to say.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ten of the 11 players drafted by the 49ers were on the field Friday, with the exception of Patton, who isn't allowed to participate for another week or so until his college class graduates. "Excitement's in the air," Harbaugh said. "Our team got bigger. There's more of us. These guys look really good. They look like football players. ... I'm very pleased." A handful of players haven't been cleared to practice yet. Four of the 11 players drafted by the 49ers received extensive medical evaluations Thursday, Harbaugh said. He liked what he heard from the results. For now, the focus is getting the young players up to speed and ready to blend in well when the veterans join the fray for the next mini camp, Harbaugh said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23217149/san-francisco-49ers-harbaugh-excited-about-rookie-crop

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Ten of the 11 players drafted by the 49ers were on the field Friday, with the exception of Patton, who isn't allowed to participate for another week or so until his college class graduates. "Excitement's in the air," Harbaugh said. "Our team got bigger. There's more of us. These guys look really good. They look like football players. ... I'm very pleased." A handful of players haven't been cleared to practice yet. Four of the 11 players drafted by the 49ers received extensive medical evaluations Thursday, Harbaugh said. He liked what he heard from the results. For now, the focus is getting the young players up to speed and ready to blend in well when the veterans join the fray for the next mini camp, Harbaugh said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23217149/san-francisco-49ers-harbaugh-excited-about-rookie-crop

Patton... such a bust. *shakes head*

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports from today's rookie Minicamp

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/10/patton-looks-fantastic-in-afternoon-practice/

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/05/10/practices-notes-okoye-soars-mcdonald-impresses/

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-rookie-camp-notes-okoyes-unique-skill-set

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/05/inside-the-49ers/49ers-rookie-mini-camp-day-1-mcdonald-and-okoye-stand-out/

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/05/minicamp-notes-dials-injury-means-okoye-starts.html#storylink=cpy

Some notes, jumbled from the articles

Quote:
--Safety Eric Reid looks the part. He looked just fine in a couple coverage situations in one-on-one drills.

Quote:
2. Quinton Patton, possession WR/PR. He started at split end, then moved to flanker and eventually played from the slot. He was effective on underneath and intermediate routes, creating separation with explosive cuts and attacking the ball in the air with his hands. Patton also looked natural catching punts and evading defenders on the punt return.

Quote:
Tight end Vance McDonald, a second-round pick, was perhaps the most impressive player at the afternoon practice.

McDonald, 6-foot-4 and 262 pounds, is fluid and flashed sticky hands – an area of his game that was criticized by some draft analysts. His most impressive catch was a sideline grab in which he reached over the defender – safety Michael Thomas, I believe – while keeping his feet in-bounds.

Quote:
* Top draft pick Eric Reid looked as athletic and fluid as advertised. Of course, there is no hitting at this minicamp, so Reid couldn't show off one of his strongest qualities - that of the enforcer across the middle. But he looked good going in reverse and nearly came up with an interception on a crossing-pattern run by tight end MarQueis Gray.

And from a writers twitter

https://twitter.com/Christian_Gin/status/333016937787432960

Quote:
Out of the undrafted free agents, WR Chuck Jacobs stood out the most. He was beating DBs in one on one drills. #49ers

Consensus? Seems that Quinton Patton and Eric Reid looked very good today. But the star was Vance McDonald.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET... now that's putting in some work for the rest of us lazy slobs!

Sounding real good for McD... very nice. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really been excited for any player in terms of potential.... but Okoye has me gushing over what he can possibly be for us lol. I really hope he pans out, that would be so awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: