Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Patton is already Jim Harbaugh’s favorite rookie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMG1713

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Crabs
Anquan
Rio
KDub
AJJ v Lockette v Patton for the final 1/2 spots

I think it'll end up being Crabs, Boldin, Williams, Jenkins, and Patton as pretty sure things to make it. As far as a 6th WR, I think Manningham makes it, too, if he's healthy. I think if he starts the season on PUP, Lockette will have to make a strong enough impression that they won't feel safe sliding him on the practice squad to make the roster.
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also kdub is coming back from knee injury no telling how heel come back

RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
also kdub is coming back from knee injury no telling how heel come back

Eh, with surgery precision and hgh these days - he'll be fine.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
how many rookie WRs make significant impacts anyway? I'm not worried about AJ, its only going to be his 2nd season. look how long it took Crabs to really show up.

I agree that year 2 will be much better for AJJ, but Crabs made an impact right away though.

took a 6 game holdout, and 0 talent at WR, but yes he did. but that was also a different team, different HC and all that. most of our rookies back then would see a lot of PT. last year, we were the only team to have 0 rookies make a start.

years 2 & 3 for AJ will be where he needs to show his draft status. I'm not worried yet.

Crabs came in and produced right away in an offense that was far inferior to the one we have now. that was a team that had jimmy raye as its oc. so if anything the fact he had the impact he did right away, midseason was rather outstanding imo. dont look at numbers, they wont tell you the whole story. You could tell instantly that crabs was going to be very good, he was very polished for being as young as he was.

While I do like AJJ and think that he will be a very good player for us (Im hoping he can be a rich man's arnaz battle or a torry holt type). The main gripe I have with that pick is that I cant help but wonder if we would have taken a DLman/pass rusher if we would have won the SB. we were SOOO CLOSE that I think one player could have tipped the scale in our favor. Im not saying we should have grabbed anyone in particular, but if you knew then what you know now, would you draft AJJ in that spot? does anyone else there help us get number 6 last year? I dont doubt that AJJ will have a major impact in the future, just wondering what we could have done differently to win the SB Sad

I judge WRs by hands, route running (agility), toughness over the middle, speed, and blocking in that order. Its why I think guys like boldin and crabs are ideal WRs in the NFL, and I could not be happier that we somehow have two of the top 10 WRs in the game. I see a lot of the same things that make these guys successful in AJJ, which is why I think it was a good pick overall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O931W3wadpY

the catch at 1:25 and then the one immediately after that are why I like AJJ. hes got really good hands and pretty good speed. his hands are the most important thing tho, not a single ball does he let get to his body.

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand this set o highlights really imprsses me. Great footwork, nice hands, and really smooth in the open field. I can see some nice YAC coming off of that nice open field ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SoSrRGKIp0

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else think Pattons shoulder pads are really big for a WR? I'm sure he has his reasons but most guys have more range of motion in their upper body with the smaller pads nowadays

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to think that he likes to go for the big hit laying out would be defenders that ate it to punish him?
already a guy can dream

AMG1713

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Does anyone else think Pattons shoulder pads are really big for a WR? I'm sure he has his reasons but most guys have more range of motion in their upper body with the smaller pads nowadays

He's got nothing on former Kansas City Chief WR Samie Parker.

Doesn't even look like he has a neck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: