Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Patton is already Jim Harbaugh’s favorite rookie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
Why would he bump AJ off the roster? Him getting drafted has ZERO to do with Jenkins. Patton was a BPA pick, in the 4th round. Now if Patton would have been a first round pick, you might have a point. It wasn't a indictment on AJ, its called solid drafting. Even if AJ had been the reigning ROY, we still needed depth at WR with two main guys trying to comback from major knee surgery. The AJ hate by our fanbase is very misguided. As long as he continues to work hard and get better at his craft, he will be fine.

What proof is there that he has been working hard? Joe Hastings showed more than him.


This is the problem, 757: We have seen NOTHING of AJJ. Despite the fact that two WRs went on IR he saw very little playing time. Instead, previously out of the NFL street free agents were brought in and had more playing time AND catches than he did. This tells me that something is wrong. Have no clue what, but something prevented him from taking Mario's and Kyle's playing time.


Who came in off the streets and had more catches than AJ Jenkins? Was it Joe Hastings and his grand total of 0 catches? Or was it Chad Hall and his whopping 0 catches? The exageration some people will go to to put this kid down is ridiculous. Check the stats again. The only UDFA player to catch a ball for us all year was Garret Celek and he plays a different position than AJ. Let's give the guy a chance before we slap the bust label on him after one season.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
Why would he bump AJ off the roster? Him getting drafted has ZERO to do with Jenkins. Patton was a BPA pick, in the 4th round. Now if Patton would have been a first round pick, you might have a point. It wasn't a indictment on AJ, its called solid drafting. Even if AJ had been the reigning ROY, we still needed depth at WR with two main guys trying to comback from major knee surgery. The AJ hate by our fanbase is very misguided. As long as he continues to work hard and get better at his craft, he will be fine.

What proof is there that he has been working hard? Joe Hastings showed more than him.


What proof is there that he hasn't? Hastings did not show more than him. That is a gross exageration. Neither player produced at all in the regular season, and Hastings wasn't even on the 53 man roster until injuries forced him to be called up from the PS.

The complete lack of faith the coaching staff and his QB had in him last year. The fact that he came in to camp out of shape last year. Working "hard" means you are going above and beyond. he needs to show me that he isnt a dud...I'm not saying he's a bust get him off the roster now, I am just saying there is no excuse for him not contributing anything last year he needs to step up or guys like patton, and Kdub will push him off the roster next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6953
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
Why would he bump AJ off the roster? Him getting drafted has ZERO to do with Jenkins. Patton was a BPA pick, in the 4th round. Now if Patton would have been a first round pick, you might have a point. It wasn't a indictment on AJ, its called solid drafting. Even if AJ had been the reigning ROY, we still needed depth at WR with two main guys trying to comback from major knee surgery. The AJ hate by our fanbase is very misguided. As long as he continues to work hard and get better at his craft, he will be fine.

What proof is there that he has been working hard? Joe Hastings showed more than him.


What proof is there that he hasn't? Hastings did not show more than him. That is a gross exageration. Neither player produced at all in the regular season, and Hastings wasn't even on the 53 man roster until injuries forced him to be called up from the PS.

The complete lack of faith the coaching staff and his QB had in him last year. The fact that he came in to camp out of shape last year. Working "hard" means you are going above and beyond. he needs to show me that he isnt a dud...I'm not saying he's a bust get him off the roster now, I am just saying there is no excuse for him not contributing anything last year he needs to step up or guys like patton, and Kdub will push him off the roster next year.


This. I think Jenkins is safe on the roster right now, and we have no idea what he has done this offseason, but if you think about it, if Patton beats him out, that means that Jenkins is wr #6 on our roster (assuming a healthy manningham and williams). He's really going to have to show something in order to move up the line. If, and its a big if, he can't get higher than 6th on the depth chart this year, he's going to be in real trouble in year 3. Wide receiver is rarely a plug and play position; it usually takes some time, but given the injuries we had last year, there's no reason he shouldn't have gotten some playing time. If he can't get any playing time this year, as a second year wide receiver and former first round pick, knowing our offense and what he needs to work on, then i think we are talking rashaun woods type bust and he may not see season 3. But lets see what he brings come TC and preseason.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
Why would he bump AJ off the roster? Him getting drafted has ZERO to do with Jenkins. Patton was a BPA pick, in the 4th round. Now if Patton would have been a first round pick, you might have a point. It wasn't a indictment on AJ, its called solid drafting. Even if AJ had been the reigning ROY, we still needed depth at WR with two main guys trying to comback from major knee surgery. The AJ hate by our fanbase is very misguided. As long as he continues to work hard and get better at his craft, he will be fine.

What proof is there that he has been working hard? Joe Hastings showed more than him.


What proof is there that he hasn't? Hastings did not show more than him. That is a gross exageration. Neither player produced at all in the regular season, and Hastings wasn't even on the 53 man roster until injuries forced him to be called up from the PS.

The complete lack of faith the coaching staff and his QB had in him last year. The fact that he came in to camp out of shape last year. Working "hard" means you are going above and beyond. he needs to show me that he isnt a dud...I'm not saying he's a bust get him off the roster now, I am just saying there is no excuse for him not contributing anything last year he needs to step up or guys like patton, and Kdub will push him off the roster next year.


How about the fact that we run the ball more than just about any team in the league, and that when we do we usually see more TEs on the field than WRs? How about the fact that we rarely used 3 WR sets, and our team usually just used the 2 starters all game. I mean, look at the way we use our personell. On defense, we used maybe 14 guys all year, barely letting anyone of our starters get some rest. Our coaches like to have the best 11 on the field at all times, and if there's somebody better than you on the depth chart ahead of you you're not gonna get much time. Even when others got hurt, there was still Crabtree and Moss firmly ahead of him on the depth chart. And our coaches fell in love with using Delanie as the third receiver (once again because we run the ball so much and Delanie was a great blocker).
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
How about the fact that we run the ball more than just about any team in the league

not a fact...We were 7th in total attempts, but that is no excuse for having Chad Hall and Joe Hastings on the field more than Jenkins from what I saw.

Quote:
How about the fact that we rarely used 3 WR sets, and our team usually just used the 2 starters all game

Again not a fact, 37% of our passes came from 3 WR formations, 6% from 4-5 WR formations.

Edit: those numbers are from two years ago let me try and find last year
Quote:
Our coaches like to have the best 11 on the field at all times, and if there's somebody better than you on the depth chart ahead of you you're not gonna get much time.

Exactly right, but when LaMichael James, and Garrett Celek line up at WR more than Jenkins there is an issue. Even in Garbage time he wasn't in the game doesnt that say something?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
How about the fact that we run the ball more than just about any team in the league

not a fact...We were 7th in total attempts, but that is no excuse for having Chad Hall and Joe Hastings on the field more than Jenkins from what I saw.

Quote:
How about the fact that we rarely used 3 WR sets, and our team usually just used the 2 starters all game

Again not a fact, 37% of our passes came from 3 WR formations, 6% from 4-5 WR formations.


I use words like "just about" and "rarely" as qualifiers. I never said we run the ball more than anyone in the league, but we are one of the more run-heavy teams in the league and rarely opened up the passing attack. Your 37% and 6% numbers actually affirm my point, as I would bet the league average is much higher for both.

Hall and Hastings may or may not have played more snaps than AJ, but neither caught a pass so I don't see how they could have "shown more" than Jenkins.

Quote:
Quote:
Our coaches like to have the best 11 on the field at all times, and if there's somebody better than you on the depth chart ahead of you you're not gonna get much time.

Exactly right, but when LaMichael James, and Garrett Celek line up at WR more than Jenkins there is an issue. Even in Garbage time he wasn't in the game doesnt that say something?


Neither play the same position as AJ, and most of the time they split out wide they started in the backfield and then motioned out wide to create mismatches. Not to mention they combined for 7 catches. Which goes back to my point about how the coaches like to use the personell. Crabs had 85 catches. Mario and Vernon both combined for 83 catches. Randy Moss and Frank Gore both had 28. Delanie Walker 21. Kyle Williams 14. Bruce Miller 12. Nobody else had more than 10. Fact is, we don't spread the ball around a whole lot.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you seem to be making excuses for Jenkins. heres the fact we brought him in because we needed our WRs to contribute more correct? He hasn't and the fact that we added 4 more WRs this offseason that could push him down the depth chart tells me that he is not what we hoped he would be. You say we didnt run many 3 wr sets, we had Delanie play at WR, we didnt spread the ball around. Had Jenkins been able to contribute at all we would have run more 3 WR sets, Delanie wouldnt have had to play wr, and we would have spread the ball around more!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
you seem to be making excuses for Jenkins. heres the fact we brought him in because we needed our WRs to contribute more correct? He hasn't and the fact that we added 4 more WRs this offseason that could push him down the depth chart tells me that he is not what we hoped he would be. You say we didnt run many 3 wr sets, we had Delanie play at WR, we didnt spread the ball around. Had Jenkins been able to contribute at all we would have run more 3 WR sets, Delanie wouldnt have had to play wr, and we would have spread the ball around more!


Is that a fact? Have you talked to the coaches and this is what they've told you? Because if you haven't, this is just pure speculation. The fact that we added 4 more WRS (which I'm unsure is even true, I beleive we've brought in 3 Boldin, Patton, and Moore if you're thinking Lockette he was on PS last year), has more to do with the fact that we lost Randy Moss and we can't be sure how Manningham and Williams will workout post-injury. Marlon Moore has very little chance to even make the team and will most likely be a ST guy if he does.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
you seem to be making excuses for Jenkins. heres the fact we brought him in because we needed our WRs to contribute more correct? He hasn't and the fact that we added 4 more WRs this offseason that could push him down the depth chart tells me that he is not what we hoped he would be. You say we didnt run many 3 wr sets, we had Delanie play at WR, we didnt spread the ball around. Had Jenkins been able to contribute at all we would have run more 3 WR sets, Delanie wouldnt have had to play wr, and we would have spread the ball around more!


Is that a fact? Have you talked to the coaches and this is what they've told you? Because if you haven't, this is just pure speculation. The fact that we added 4 more WRS (which I'm unsure is even true, I beleive we've brought in 3 Boldin, Patton, and Moore if you're thinking Lockette he was on PS last year), has more to do with the fact that we lost Randy Moss and we can't be sure how Manningham and Williams will workout post-injury. Marlon Moore has very little chance to even make the team and will most likely be a ST guy if he does.

I guess we are gonna agree to disagree here but yes It is a fact that we brought him in to contribute and he didn't.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
you seem to be making excuses for Jenkins. heres the fact we brought him in because we needed our WRs to contribute more correct? He hasn't and the fact that we added 4 more WRs this offseason that could push him down the depth chart tells me that he is not what we hoped he would be. You say we didnt run many 3 wr sets, we had Delanie play at WR, we didnt spread the ball around. Had Jenkins been able to contribute at all we would have run more 3 WR sets, Delanie wouldnt have had to play wr, and we would have spread the ball around more!


Is that a fact? Have you talked to the coaches and this is what they've told you? Because if you haven't, this is just pure speculation. The fact that we added 4 more WRS (which I'm unsure is even true, I beleive we've brought in 3 Boldin, Patton, and Moore if you're thinking Lockette he was on PS last year), has more to do with the fact that we lost Randy Moss and we can't be sure how Manningham and Williams will workout post-injury. Marlon Moore has very little chance to even make the team and will most likely be a ST guy if he does.

I guess we are gonna agree to disagree here but yes It is a fact that we brought him in to contribute and he didn't.


Of course, we brought him in to contribute. I just doubt the coaching would change their whole offensive gameplan and philosophy to suit a rookie receiver. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe the coaching staff brought him in to contribute, but not necesarilly right away. Not every draft pick is going to come in right away and blow the doors down. Some guys take a while to learn the playbook. Some guys need to adjust to the speed of the NFL. Some guys need to bulk up a bit to handle the physicality of the next level. Not every guy that doesn't come in and contribute right away ends up a nobody.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7809
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts


I have no idea where this Hall and Hastings BS came from, they literally did not step onto the field at all last year... here are the snap counts for our wrs on offense last year including playoffs..

Crabs 674
Moss 406
Rio 362
KDub 246
Ginn 64
AJJ 35

VD 917
Walker 570
Celek 103
_________________

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts


I have no idea where this Hall and Hastings BS came from, they literally did not step onto the field at all last year... here are the snap counts for our wrs on offense last year including playoffs..

Crabs 674
Moss 406
Rio 362
KDub 246
Ginn 64
AJJ 35

VD 917
Walker 570
Celek 103

I remember him playing in our playoff game against the falcons i think. He had a pass thrown to him too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8794
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
adamq wrote:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts


I have no idea where this Hall and Hastings BS came from, they literally did not step onto the field at all last year... here are the snap counts for our wrs on offense last year including playoffs..

Crabs 674
Moss 406
Rio 362
KDub 246
Ginn 64
AJJ 35

VD 917
Walker 570
Celek 103

I remember him playing in our playoff game against the falcons i think. He had a pass thrown to him too.

Yeah hall had some snaps for sure
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straighthate


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 558
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
you seem to be making excuses for Jenkins.


Nice! We got our new go to guy to increase traffic on this sight!!!! What are we going with, Jenkixcuses?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6426
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrows says Jenkins was "apathetic" last year and did not earn the trust of the coaching staff. I think the 2nd part was evident with his playing time even after injuries, but the "apathetic" part was news to me when i first read the chat.

Question

Quote:
Jenkins could not step in last year, when the team was down two receivers. Did he lack the talent to compete or the mentality to pick up the offense?


Answer

Quote:
MattB_49: Heard that he was a bit apathetic. He did not earn the trust of the coaching staff.


http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/matt-barrow-hosts-live-chat-on-nfl-draft-and-the-49ers.html

At 11:22 of the chat
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group