Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Al Harris retires as a Packer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely one of my favorite Packers of all time. LOVED watching him play.

Kempes on the custom sig!
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we locked up #31 for life.

Best off-season this year.. Boo hoo!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
packfan4 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Always felt Harris would make for one hell of a coach post career. Wonder if he will do so? I know I sure as hell would be on board with him coming in and showing Williams how to press again........

Either way, great career! Very few got more out of what was given to them than Harris did. Much respect!
I believe he's on the Chiefs coaching staff no?

Agree with ya though, Al was so underappreciated around the NFL during his prime years. Guy was as shut down as they come, best perimeter corner I've ever seen in Green Bay. Kudos to Al.

I think he is a DB coach with the Chiefs now that I think about it. Probably a good fit for him with Andy and all.

I do really like Al Harris and Doug Peterson down there as coaches. Will be interesting to see how they both do. Then again, with Andy calling plays, and Harris only a position coach, it will be very hard to decipher without inside knowledge.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
packfan4 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Always felt Harris would make for one hell of a coach post career. Wonder if he will do so? I know I sure as hell would be on board with him coming in and showing Williams how to press again........

Either way, great career! Very few got more out of what was given to them than Harris did. Much respect!

Agree with ya though, Al was so underappreciated around the NFL during his prime years. Guy was as shut down as they come, best perimeter corner I've ever seen in Green Bay. Kudos to Al.

I think he is a DB coach with the Chiefs now that I think about it. Probably a good fit for him with Andy and all.

I do really like Al Harris and Doug Peterson down there as coaches. Will be interesting to see how they both do. Then again, with Andy calling plays, and Harris only a position coach, it will be very hard to decipher without inside knowledge.
Harris was also a coaching intern IIRC with the Dolphins last year. He's got his foot solidly in the door as a coach.

Kempes on the custom sig!
BartStarving

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris would be a terrific collegiate AD. There are a lot of brain dead programs out there and he'd be a recruiters dream.
McThreadski

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
packfan4 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Pederson knew what what was up. Douglas pulled off an 11 year career as a backup. He's probably fresh as a daisy these days and he barely lifted a finger when it came to doing much beyond running the scout team and holding a clipboard. If I ever have a son that is good enough to play QB in the NFL, but not good enough to start, I would ask him to watch Doug's "tape". That's how you do it. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: