Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Areas of weakness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
The lack of faith in Freeman is hilarious. Dont worry boys, I'll be here holding the bandwagon door open for y'all to hop back on when we go to the playoffs.

DRD said it right, we lack depth. Still I think we'll be fine to go to the playoffs.

If we can sign a Freeney or Abraham then we are serious about making a superbowl run.

We do need a TE, I think ASJ will be there in the 20's when we pick next year Wink

Name one game against a quality contender that freeman elevated his game to win the ball game?

That is why there's enough criticism and question marks. He played good in 5-6 games. And was bad and struggled in the rest.

I get you but in every year that Freeman has played we've been the worst in the league in defense in either rushing(2010,2011) or passing (2012). Freeman has his problems, and I will be critical if they arent fixed, but this is the year I think he puts it together.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
The lack of faith in Freeman is hilarious. Dont worry boys, I'll be here holding the bandwagon door open for y'all to hop back on when we go to the playoffs.

DRD said it right, we lack depth. Still I think we'll be fine to go to the playoffs.

If we can sign a Freeney or Abraham then we are serious about making a superbowl run.

We do need a TE, I think ASJ will be there in the 20's when we pick next year Wink

Name one game against a quality contender that freeman elevated his game to win the ball game?

That is why there's enough criticism and question marks. He played good in 5-6 games. And was bad and struggled in the rest.

I get you but in every year that Freeman has played we've been the worst in the league in defense in either rushing(2010,2011) or passing (2012). Freeman has his problems, and I will be critical if they arent fixed, but this is the year I think he puts it together.

Hope so, but I have no idea where you get so much confidence in Freeman...........I still cant forget how Freeman struggled hard all game against Philly last season and at the time their secondary was giving up an average of 160.0 QB rating against all QB's they faced Confused

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Hope so, but I have no idea where you get so much confidence in Freeman...........I still cant forget how Freeman struggled hard all game against Philly last season and at the time their secondary was giving up an average of 160.0 QB rating against all QB's they faced Confused

Don't even point that out because all buc fans here after I explained that was "THE SECONDARY BLEW IT".

When watching some more games from the NFL rewind over the winter, I noticed a lot of times Clark was open, sometimes in the redzone and Freeman just doesn't see him and will force a bad ball to Jackson or Williams. He doesn't see the field very well.

After 4 years in the league, that's going to be hard to break. He did that at K-State as well, tunnel vision and not looking defenders off. To me, that's a habbit I can't see him breaking.

EDIT: BSH, you think this is all hate, it's not. Myself and all other fans want Freeman to succeed and come through because I want to see us win as a fan. But I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the truth and my honest opinion of his play.

That;s why I just have a hard time seeing him getting any better. It just hasn't happened. He's a likeable guy off the field and I'm sure that's why there are so many excuses made for him. But there is enough talent around him to succeed. He needs to step his game up against the best. That's what gets you playoff births, division titles.

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Thu May 02, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

The Eagles changed back to their wide 9 scheme for that game and DRC played a heck of a game. I remember him swatting away 3 big plays.

I just feel like Freeman hasn't had the chance to ever grow with his weapons in an offense. He came in learned Jagodzinski's offense just to have that be thrown out and learn Olsen's offense. We didnt have any major WR threats besides Williams. He was asked to carry the offense alot in 2011.

Listen I understand why everyone is skeptical, but I just have a feeling that this is the year for Freeman. A year off with Jackson and Williams will be great.

I also think Crabtree has a big year too. So underrated

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

The Eagles changed back to their wide 9 scheme for that game and DRC played a heck of a game. I remember him swatting away 3 big plays.

I just feel like Freeman hasn't had the chance to ever grow with his weapons in an offense. He came in learned Jagodzinski's offense just to have that be thrown out and learn Olsen's offense. We didnt have any major WR threats besides Williams. He was asked to carry the offense alot in 2011.

Listen I understand why everyone is skeptical, but I just have a feeling that this is the year for Freeman. A year off with Jackson and Williams will be great.

I also think Crabtree has a big year too. So underrated

Dude, that should not excuse an awful, and I mean, awful performance in that Philly game, which also included bad games against Atlanta, Denver before that game, then New Orleans and St. Louis after that.

Freeman is just sloppy and erratic. That philly game, I think I counted 5 or 6 balls that the Eagles secondary flat out dropped. That's how bad their defense was.

I am in agreement with you on Crabtree. I think him and Stocker are good enough to play TE.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Freeman has to prove it on the field. We'll see soon boys

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think that Dansby could come in and play SLB, lacks in coverage but still seemed great against the run and can still make plays. Would love to bring in both Dansby and Freeney.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Anyone think that Dansby could come in and play SLB, lacks in coverage but still seemed great against the run and can still make plays. Would love to bring in both Dansby and Freeney.

He def could. Dont think we need that from our SLB though. I think Goode takes and runs with the job.

Want Freeney or Abraham though

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

He def could. Dont think we need that from our SLB though. I think Goode takes and runs with the job.

Want Freeney or Abraham though

Yeah i figure at this point it is Goode's job to lose, wouldn't be bad depth and a good vet in a pretty young LB core.

Definitely would cap off this off season to come away with Freeney or Abraham.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

You have faith in Freeman?? I hope you're seeing something I don't.

Do I think he can be successful? Yes, but in no way do I have faith that he will, but of course I hope you're right.

Also, we're getting Colt Lyerla next year!
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Dude, that should not excuse an awful, and I mean, awful performance in that Philly game, which also included bad games against Atlanta, Denver before that game, then New Orleans and St. Louis after that.

AHHH!!! R&D why did you have to remind me about that...ok so besides the Philly game....we could not put up any points against New Orleans and I think statistically they were one of the WORST all time defenses....

Looking back to moments like that of last season makes it EXTREMELY hard to have any faith in the Free

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

We need a stud 3rd wr.

We also need a stud te.

Go figure but next years draft will offer both. Some serious monster coming out on offense.

Mark has a plan Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

We need a stud 3rd wr.

We also need a stud te.

Go figure but next years draft will offer both. Some serious monster coming out on offense.

Mark has a plan Cool

That guy is a stud WR, stud TE and stud RB Very Happy ... and this is coming from a stanford fan
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Freeman to succeed so very, very badly.

But I'm not expecting him to anymore. I had big dreams for 2011, and he was pretty bad. I hoped he would turn it around last year, but he struggled early. Then for a short while he looked like a top QB in the league, only to follow up with terrible performances when we needed him most.

I want to believe that the team around him can support him as well as he needs to be that amazing player he can be. I want to believe that a second year in the system will make him comfortable. I want to believe that he doesn't have some sort of fragile psyche that he seems to have.

But I've just been burned too many times. I'll keep cheering, but I will expect more peaks and valleys.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
I want Freeman to succeed so very, very badly.

But I'm not expecting him to anymore. I had big dreams for 2011, and he was pretty bad. I hoped he would turn it around last year, but he struggled early. Then for a short while he looked like a top QB in the league, only to follow up with terrible performances when we needed him most.

I want to believe that the team around him can support him as well as he needs to be that amazing player he can be. I want to believe that a second year in the system will make him comfortable. I want to believe that he doesn't have some sort of fragile psyche that he seems to have.

But I've just been burned too many times. I'll keep cheering, but I will expect more peaks and valleys.

That was very touching man Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: