Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans release WR Lavelle Hawkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if he doesn't "get it" during practices he won't play in New England either, just look at Chad Johnson for example.
Tom Brady Tribute
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Well if he doesn't "get it" during practices he won't play in New England either, just look at Chad Johnson for example.

I hope he does well and gets to play. He could be a beast in the slot over in NE. Best of luck Hawk!

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will do well in New England.

Supposedly had quite a few teams after him.

BOLD PREDICTION

Lavelle Hawkins will be have the 2nd most receiving yards on the Pats among WRs.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:

The Texans wanted him too and the Giants set a visit with him before he turned them down to sign with the Patriots.

TheDeeeeej wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins will be have the 2nd most receiving yards on the Pats among WRs.

If he makes the team... it won't be an hard task, this are the receivers currently on our roster, obviously not all will make the team: Amendola, Edelman, Hawkins, Jones, Jenkins, Boyce, Dobson, Moe, Thompkins.
Tom Brady Tribute
lamont

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:

The Texans wanted him too and the Giants set a visit with him before he turned them down to sign with the Patriots.
TheDeeeeej wrote:

If he makes the team... it won't be an hard task, this are the receivers currently on our roster, obviously not all will make the team: Amendola, Edelman, Hawkins, Jones, Jenkins, Boyce, Dobson, Moe, Thompkins.

The Giants are not interested. It is getting close to OTAs and they were going to use Hawkins as leverage to get Victor Cruz to cave and sign a deal.
Free agency at its best or worse, depends on your point of view. Wink

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like some of you are overrating Hawk quite a bit. I like the guy and have nothing but respect for the way he handled his release, but let's not act like he's anything more than he is. A capable #4 receiver with good quickness and decent route-running ability. He's going to have to earn a roster spot with New England, and if he makes the roster, I wouldn't expect much more production than what he had here in 2011.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I feel like some of you are overrating Hawk quite a bit. I like the guy and have nothing but respect for the way he handled his release, but let's not act like he's anything more than he is. A capable #4 receiver with good quickness and decent route-running ability. He's going to have to earn a roster spot with New England, and if he makes the roster, I wouldn't expect much more production than what he had here in 2011.

If he can get on the field in a real offense with a real QB, he ought to have much better production than he had here. A big if, sure, but it's possible.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

If he can get on the field in a real offense with a real QB, he ought to have much better production than he had here. A big if, sure, but it's possible.
While I agree that if he got the same amount of reps he got in 2011 in NE, he would likely have slightly better numbers, I find it highly unlikely he sees that many reps or targets with the Pats. Playing on a real offense also means real competition for targets.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

What is this? Dude shows class after being released, never sees the field, and yet he's now going to tear it up? Highly unlikely he even makes the roster. If he does, I doubt he does anything more than 500 yards, 5 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: