Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans release WR Lavelle Hawkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39439
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if he doesn't "get it" during practices he won't play in New England either, just look at Chad Johnson for example.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 5625
Location: T.G.I.F (Thank God Im Fresh)
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Well if he doesn't "get it" during practices he won't play in New England either, just look at Chad Johnson for example.


I hope he does well and gets to play. He could be a beast in the slot over in NE. Best of luck Hawk!
_________________

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 13974
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will do well in New England.

Supposedly had quite a few teams after him.

BOLD PREDICTION

Lavelle Hawkins will be have the 2nd most receiving yards on the Pats among WRs.
_________________

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39439
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
Supposedly had quite a few teams after him.


The Texans wanted him too and the Giants set a visit with him before he turned them down to sign with the Patriots.

TheDeeeeej wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins will be have the 2nd most receiving yards on the Pats among WRs.


If he makes the team... it won't be an hard task, this are the receivers currently on our roster, obviously not all will make the team: Amendola, Edelman, Hawkins, Jones, Jenkins, Boyce, Dobson, Moe, Thompkins.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3794
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
Supposedly had quite a few teams after him.


The Texans wanted him too and the Giants set a visit with him before he turned them down to sign with the Patriots.
TheDeeeeej wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins will be have the 2nd most receiving yards on the Pats among WRs.


If he makes the team... it won't be an hard task, this are the receivers currently on our roster, obviously not all will make the team: Amendola, Edelman, Hawkins, Jones, Jenkins, Boyce, Dobson, Moe, Thompkins.


The Giants are not interested. It is getting close to OTAs and they were going to use Hawkins as leverage to get Victor Cruz to cave and sign a deal.
Free agency at its best or worse, depends on your point of view. Wink
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25677
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like some of you are overrating Hawk quite a bit. I like the guy and have nothing but respect for the way he handled his release, but let's not act like he's anything more than he is. A capable #4 receiver with good quickness and decent route-running ability. He's going to have to earn a roster spot with New England, and if he makes the roster, I wouldn't expect much more production than what he had here in 2011.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I feel like some of you are overrating Hawk quite a bit. I like the guy and have nothing but respect for the way he handled his release, but let's not act like he's anything more than he is. A capable #4 receiver with good quickness and decent route-running ability. He's going to have to earn a roster spot with New England, and if he makes the roster, I wouldn't expect much more production than what he had here in 2011.


If he can get on the field in a real offense with a real QB, he ought to have much better production than he had here. A big if, sure, but it's possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25677
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
I feel like some of you are overrating Hawk quite a bit. I like the guy and have nothing but respect for the way he handled his release, but let's not act like he's anything more than he is. A capable #4 receiver with good quickness and decent route-running ability. He's going to have to earn a roster spot with New England, and if he makes the roster, I wouldn't expect much more production than what he had here in 2011.


If he can get on the field in a real offense with a real QB, he ought to have much better production than he had here. A big if, sure, but it's possible.
While I agree that if he got the same amount of reps he got in 2011 in NE, he would likely have slightly better numbers, I find it highly unlikely he sees that many reps or targets with the Pats. Playing on a real offense also means real competition for targets.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12013
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

What is this? Dude shows class after being released, never sees the field, and yet he's now going to tear it up? Highly unlikely he even makes the roster. If he does, I doubt he does anything more than 500 yards, 5 TDs.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group