Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans release WR Lavelle Hawkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was going to happen sooner or later, best of luck to Hawk he will likely get a chance to play somewhere but it wouldnt surprise me if he was out of the NFL soon

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously he wasn't a great player, but much respect to him for the way he handled it.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130502/SPORTS01/305020039/Titans-waive-unsurprised-Hawkins
Quote:

“One day we’re all going to be that guy, and mine just came a little earlier than I’d hoped,” Hawkins said. “But I appreciate the Titans for giving me an opportunity, and for how they handled it. He could have strung me all the way through training camp knowing I wasn’t going to make it. Now I can move on and prepare for my next opportunity.

Quote:
“Hey, I was due to make ($1.9) million. And for a guy who caught five balls last year, that’s unheard of. I totally understand.”

Quote:
“I’ve been blessed, man. I thank the Tennessee Titans for giving me five years and giving me the opportunity. I don’t have anything harsh to say about them. … I genuinely enjoyed my time,” Hawkins said.

“I went from a young man to a man here, and they taught me how to be a pro here. Now I have the opportunity to go somewhere else and try and reinvent myself, and now I know how to approach another team. I am excited, I am nervous, and I am anxious all in one, if that’s possible. But I am sure going to miss Nashville, I know that.”

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Wasn't his issue with getting on the field his lack of blocking ability?

Maybe can go to New England or something and Tom Brady could make something out of him. He's got some good skills.

I was thinking the similar thing...for some reason I pictured him being good with the Saints. But at the same time....in those situations would it be that he is good or is it just because he would be with an elite QB.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Obviously he wasn't a great player, but much respect to him for the way he handled it.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130502/SPORTS01/305020039/Titans-waive-unsurprised-Hawkins
Quote:

“One day we’re all going to be that guy, and mine just came a little earlier than I’d hoped,” Hawkins said. “But I appreciate the Titans for giving me an opportunity, and for how they handled it. He could have strung me all the way through training camp knowing I wasn’t going to make it. Now I can move on and prepare for my next opportunity.

Quote:
“Hey, I was due to make ($1.9) million. And for a guy who caught five balls last year, that’s unheard of. I totally understand.”

Quote:
“I’ve been blessed, man. I thank the Tennessee Titans for giving me five years and giving me the opportunity. I don’t have anything harsh to say about them. … I genuinely enjoyed my time,” Hawkins said.

“I went from a young man to a man here, and they taught me how to be a pro here. Now I have the opportunity to go somewhere else and try and reinvent myself, and now I know how to approach another team. I am excited, I am nervous, and I am anxious all in one, if that’s possible. But I am sure going to miss Nashville, I know that.”

Aw DAMN man... Crying or Very sad

So humble and understanding about it all. Now I'm REALLY pulling for him to get another shot elsewhere and succeed. Maybe he'll end up playing in a good system with an elite QB who can help him shine, like Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers.

derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be missed! Hope coach, jeff fisher, gives you a chance.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly felt he was underused with us. Whenever he was on the field he preformed. I get he had bad practices and what not but he had 50 catches the year before last.

I hope he catches on and is productive. I'd put him in the slot and let him work jerk routes against LBs and Nickel DBs.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: WR Lavelle Hawkins has agreed to a two-year deal with the #Patriots. Was just released by #Titans last week”

Wouldn't be surprised if he puts up great #'s.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@jwyattsports: WR Lavelle Hawkins has agreed to a two-year deal with the #Patriots. Was just released by #Titans last week”

Wouldn't be surprised if he puts up great #'s.

Certainly possible with a great QB in Brady, but at the same time he was known as a poor practice player which could keep him off the field in NE.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got more insight on him now that he signed with the Pats?
Tom Brady Tribute
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

Hard worker and quick as ever. Very clutch as well and always seems to do something good when he's on the field, problem is he had a hard time getting on the field. Seemed like he was in the coaches doghouse alot.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Hard worker and quick as ever. Very clutch as well and always seems to do something good when he's on the field, problem is he had a hard time getting on the field. Seemed like he was in the coaches doghouse alot.

Thanks.
Tom Brady Tribute
lamont

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

He should thrive with a QB like Brady who loves to throw underneath. I would imagine he would have to earn Brady's trust this summer and preaseason. He has low mileage with no real injury history here and with the potential M*A*S*H unit that the Pats WR could be based on the injury history of Edleman & Amendola, he will get a opportunity to restart his career there.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really high on him... strange he got released but it's a numbers game and giving his salary and position on the team [4th-5th WR at best] he had to be released.
Tom Brady Tribute
VY

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Wasn't his issue with getting on the field his lack of blocking ability?

Maybe can go to New England or something and Tom Brady could make something out of him. He's got some good skills.

Good call. Physically he's got the tools to work out, I think a lot of his issues come down to preparation and focus. I think sometimes (many times really) he just wasn't prepared and was out of position or not running the greatest routes. Good luck to him though
lamont

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
You guys are really high on him... strange he got released but it's a numbers game and giving his salary and position on the team [4th-5th WR at best] he had to be released.

I personally am not high on the guy, but if 2 coaching staffs do not give you a serious shot there is something going on behind the scenes. Maybe it was his classroom or practice work? When he was on the field in 2011 he produced and received an extension last offseason. He just disappeared when the season started last year and outside of 2011 he really never produced significant numbers while he was a Titan. Strange his tenure was... Think

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: