Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert - 2013 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
1-10 - Another deep shot to Shorts on the sideline. Picked off. When I first watched this pass, I thought it was a good play by Gabbert. I promised to go look back at it though.

Shorts has his man beat going down the sideline.

He has to come back to the ball, and it looks like as the ball is going into Shorts' grasp, it smacks off of Davis' helmet.

Gabbert completely under threw Shorts, and you just give him a complete pass as if he did nothing wrong.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
iPwn wrote:
1-10 - Another deep shot to Shorts on the sideline. Picked off. When I first watched this pass, I thought it was a good play by Gabbert. I promised to go look back at it though.

Shorts has his man beat going down the sideline.

He has to come back to the ball, and it looks like as the ball is going into Shorts' grasp, it smacks off of Davis' helmet.

Gabbert completely under threw Shorts, and you just give him a complete pass as if he did nothing wrong.

But Gabbert is super smart and incredibly accurate and definitely intended to bean the DB in the back of the head with the football.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Watch the film. Gus Bradley did, and after watching it he said he was behind Gabbert more than ever. Shorts BOBBLED TWO PASSES INTO THE HANDS OF DEFENDERS. Unless you're blind, or so biased you don't want to see. One of them would have been a Jaguar TD which CRAP FILLED SHORTS turned into a Colt touchdown. He was the second worst receiver in the league for drops last season. Caught less than 50% of his targets. Same this year. All he does is pile up some garbage time stats with Henne when the games are out of reach. Which is what he did last season as well. The guy is mediocre and easily replaced.

good god Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Gus has to defend the players, he isn't an idiot like Mularkey who will throw people under the bus to make himself look better. He's going to make players accountable for their actions inside the locker room, but shield them all from criticism outside the locker room as best he can. He did that when talking about the TD to Fleener and he's doing it with Gabbert.

Honestly, what do you expect him to say? "The answer isn't on this team, we're destined for the #1 overall pick and these Quarterbacks are the worst I've ever seen in my life"? You're just plain ignorant if you think that Gus is going to throw his players under the bus like that and watch as he loses the team. No matter how bad they play, to the media he's going to talk about maximizing the positives that they showed. If you don't understand that, please stop watching his press conferences and interviews.

- Best since day one -
charles shelton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
And Gus has to defend the players, he isn't an idiot like Mularkey who will throw people under the bus to make himself look better. He's going to make players accountable for their actions inside the locker room, but shield them all from criticism outside the locker room as best he can. He did that when talking about the TD to Fleener and he's doing it with Gabbert.

Honestly, what do you expect him to say? "The answer isn't on this team, we're destined for the #1 overall pick and these Quarterbacks are the worst I've ever seen in my life"? You're just plain ignorant if you think that Gus is going to throw his players under the bus like that and watch as he loses the team. No matter how bad they play, to the media he's going to talk about maximizing the positives that they showed. If you don't understand that, please stop watching his press conferences and interviews.

amen. I believe that he's starting blaine in order to guarantee us the #1 pick. Surely they could have signed another qb if the goal was just to win a few games. The problem the jaguars have had the last 6 seasons isn't that they've sucked...it's that they haven't sucked enough. Imagine that instead of sweeping indy in 2011, they sweep us and we get the #1 pick and our choice of luck or rg3....course..gene smith still would have screwed the pick up.

-charles
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorts cut the heart out of the offense with those early drops. He has been invisible in every game so far when it mattered. All his stats are second half GARBAGE. MJD is averaging about 2 yards per carry this season. Earning triple the salary of Gabbert. Lewis and Blackmon haven't played at all. But it all gets pinned on Gabbert, and some scrawny college kid is going to come in and make everything right. Flavor of the moment.
corry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Shorts cut the heart out of the offense with those early drops. He has been invisible in every game so far when it mattered. All his stats are second half GARBAGE. MJD is averaging about 2 yards per carry this season. Earning triple the salary of Gabbert. Lewis and Blackmon haven't played at all. But it all gets pinned on Gabbert, and some scrawny college kid is going to come in and make everything right. Flavor of the moment.

Gabbert blows dude. Move on, find a new show. Its over.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get goosebumps thinking about what Shorts will do with Bridgewater at QB

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's an erection in your jeans. Not that it makes much difference either way.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Actually it's an erection in your jeans. Not that it makes much difference either way.

fingers crossed for banning

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
This is uncalled for. Consider this a warning.

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

- Best since day one -
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

It's fun to think about whether Bridgewater would benefit Cecil or Blackmon more. Smile
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

It's fun to think about whether Bridgewater would benefit Cecil or Blackmon more. Smile

wh nt bth

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Jags

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Shorts is really overrated. He cost them any chance in the game with his drops and deflections into interceptions. He'll be replaced as a starter long before Gabbert will.

Did you consider the double teams? I mean the defense must overate Shorts as well to double team him because I mean how stupid would it be to double team a player that does not get any separation? Who can't catch? Et cetra.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:

49.3 Completion %
4.5 avg
0 TD
5 INT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: