Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert - 2013 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyRx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
jags28 wrote:
Gabbert is a shambles. I find it quite embarrassing when Bradley comes out each week and says he's sticking with Gabbert. This franchise will never progress with him at QB. This is Gabberts 3rd year and these 3 years have felt like a total waste of supporting the Jags, that's how bad he really is.

That is not all true. We will progress. Progress to the 1st overall pick were we will select a real QB.

If Gabbert plays well then, the Jaguars. HAHA who am I kidding? We are getting a QB come next April.

I truly hope that Bridgewater (Manziel too) stays for his senior year of college, then decides to come out in 2015. In 2014 the Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney and 2015 we draft the top QB Prospect.

A guy can dream right?

Your plan sounds awesome (except the manziel part) but who play qb for us next year?
MJD4MVP5455

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
Jags wrote:
jags28 wrote:
Gabbert is a shambles. I find it quite embarrassing when Bradley comes out each week and says he's sticking with Gabbert. This franchise will never progress with him at QB. This is Gabberts 3rd year and these 3 years have felt like a total waste of supporting the Jags, that's how bad he really is.

That is not all true. We will progress. Progress to the 1st overall pick were we will select a real QB.

If Gabbert plays well then, the Jaguars. HAHA who am I kidding? We are getting a QB come next April.

I truly hope that Bridgewater (Manziel too) stays for his senior year of college, then decides to come out in 2015. In 2014 the Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney and 2015 we draft the top QB Prospect.

A guy can dream right?

Your plan sounds awesome (except the manziel part) but who play qb for us next year?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
Jags wrote:
jags28 wrote:

A guy can dream right?

Razz
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in all seriousness, this...

iPwn wrote:
We won't be #1 overall pick bad next year, even if we don't get a QB. If we don't get the #1 QB this year, we aren't getting one.

If we have the #1 pick this year, you can't afford to 'wait until next year'. When you're the worst and have no viable QB, you have to take advantage of that while you can. Who knows how long that will last or what will happen the next season.

There will be great LEO options available in 2015 around the pick range we're likely to be in (still very high). Ie. You can grab a potential stud LEO with a top-15 pick. But you can't always grab a franchise QB without a top pick. There are exceptions to the rule, obviously. But with the inflation of QB value in the NFL today...i think our odds of hitting a home run on a player at any other position is higher than finding an elite QB with a 'top-10ish' pick instead of the #1.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
We won't be #1 overall pick bad next year, even if we don't get a QB. If we don't get the #1 QB this year, we aren't getting one.

That's my thoughts as well. It was obvious (although I am a pretty optimistic guy when it comes to Jaguars football) this year would be an awful year. I don't think anyone is expecting playoffs next year, but I definitely don't think they (Gus and Caldwell) are going to allow this team to continue with nothing at QB for another year because I don't think fans outside of you can take it anymore. The talent on this team should be looking a lot better when the 2015 draft gets here as well. The talent on this team already isn't as bad as most see it imo. Our secondary looks very promising, our defense has actually been alright but the offense has been so awful it looks much worse than it is. The offense, well, you have Monroe, Joeckel, Shorts, Blackmon, Sanders, etc. It's lacking when it comes to the interior OL and RB (MJD just isn't himself), but if you put a good QB like Bridgewater/Hundley/Mariota, this team looks much better.

I'm so excited for next year.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand how Gabbert is worse now than he was in his rookie year.
What the hell happened?
Mularkey made him better than this.
Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate the Jaguars
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
I just don't understand how Gabbert is worse now than he was in his rookie year.
What the hell happened?
Mularkey made him better than this.
Absolutely ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Gabbert look a little bit less horrible next week and beyond, with Blackmon back in the lineup.

He gives us a pair of legitimate threats at WR, which works to everyone's advantage there. Gives Shorts III a bit more breathing room, Blackmon gets a bit more space to work with because Cecil is a concern opposite him, and it benefits a QB like Gabbert because they're probably going to get a bit more open a little bit more often.
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorts is really overrated. He cost them any chance in the game with his drops and deflections into interceptions. He'll be replaced as a starter long before Gabbert will.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Shorts is really overrated.

Nope
Quote:
He'll be replaced as a starter long before Gabbert will.

Aaaand definitely nope.
Please stop posting forever

I hate the Jaguars
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Shorts is really overrated. He cost them any chance in the game with his drops and deflections into interceptions. He'll be replaced as a starter long before Gabbert will.

Quotable for sure. Shorts definitely had a rough day, but Gabbert had 44 yards going into the 4th quarter and ran out of a clean pocket multiple times...

He is awful dude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much longer will it take for Gabhurt to throw a TD pass?
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
I honestly think you say these things just too get a rise out of us. Please find somewhere else too post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the film. Gus Bradley did, and after watching it he said he was behind Gabbert more than ever. Shorts BOBBLED TWO PASSES INTO THE HANDS OF DEFENDERS. Unless you're blind, or so biased you don't want to see. One of them would have been a Jaguar TD which CRAP FILLED SHORTS turned into a Colt touchdown. He was the second worst receiver in the league for drops last season. Caught less than 50% of his targets. Same this year. All he does is pile up some garbage time stats with Henne when the games are out of reach. Which is what he did last season as well. The guy is mediocre and easily replaced.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: