Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reliant Stadium seating advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treece300e

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reliant Stadium seating advice Reply with quote

I'm planning on making a trip to Houston for the Rams game this season, and I'm wondering how seating is at Reliant. I've never been to an NFL game, and I want to make sure I don't overpay for seats that are overpriced. Conversely, I want to have a good experience and am willing to pay a little extra if it's worthwhile.

Currently, I'm looking at "ground level" seats at about the 20 yard line (Section 109), Row A, which I'm assuming is front row, up close and personal with the players. The seats seems reasonably priced at $380, but I don't know if the experience is THAT much better than spending $120-$150 for the "top level" seating at the 50 yard line (Section 609).

I've also considered endzone tickets, but my experience from college games, is that it's very hit or miss. If anyone has any advice/opinions, please let me know. Also, any advice on hotels (something somewhat fancy, I'm traveling with a Princess), restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. would be cool also. I'm from Idaho, and I've always heard that Texas steaks and BBQ are on a completely different level than anything we get around here.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Reliant Stadium seating advice Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
I'm planning on making a trip to Houston for the Rams game this season, and I'm wondering how seating is at Reliant. I've never been to an NFL game, and I want to make sure I don't overpay for seats that are overpriced. Conversely, I want to have a good experience and am willing to pay a little extra if it's worthwhile.

Currently, I'm looking at "ground level" seats at about the 20 yard line (Section 109), Row A, which I'm assuming is front row, up close and personal with the players. The seats seems reasonably priced at $380, but I don't know if the experience is THAT much better than spending $120-$150 for the "top level" seating at the 50 yard line (Section 609).

I've also considered endzone tickets, but my experience from college games, is that it's very hit or miss. If anyone has any advice/opinions, please let me know. Also, any advice on hotels (something somewhat fancy, I'm traveling with a Princess), restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. would be cool also. I'm from Idaho, and I've always heard that Texas steaks and BBQ are on a completely different level than anything we get around here.

Theres no bad seat in reliant, personally we've had season tickets in the bottom level in the corner of the endzone which are awesome when the teams down there. The tickets I prefer are the mezzanine which is 2nd level endzone

Also with all the bandwagoners the ticket prices have gone through the roof. So get you check bock ready.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prepare to pay an arm and a leg for lower level seats, even on stub hub. People are bandwagoning now and are overcharging for their tickets down there. (heck, stupid season tickets was charging for draft party tickets). Only places at Reliant I have sat was the upper sideline (606, I had season tickets) and mezzanine behind the endzone. I love the mezzanine tickets. I went to the Jags game season before last. Tickets came out to about 80 bucks I believe.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my first Texan game this past season against the Bills and got tickets in section 110 section JJ and for two it ran about 580 for both ... totally worth it for my first time it was alot of fun stayed at the hotel in the front and just walked to the game from there...
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few suggestions:

1) "Front row" is actually a bad thing on sidelines in terms of seeing the action. Remember you have about 80 large men, some as big at 6' 7" standing 3-4 deep on sideline blocking your view. Personally I beleive best seat in the house are 15-20 rows up between the 20's.

2) End Zones are a good value proposition as long as you are okay with 50% of the action being on the other side. I actually like the end zone perspective as even when the action is on the other side, you get to see plays develop. Much of my frustrations with the Texans secondary over the years were gleamed from watching the mismatches happen before my eyes and knowing it was just a matter of time before the opposing QB found it. Sadly, it has been rare that I saw the same from the Texans aside from play action.

3) My seats are corner field level where I get to be a part of the "bullpen" craziness when I want to, but also a section removed for times where I want to carry on a conversation or bring my kids without having to get annoyed at drunks. One warning with field level that may be a non-issue with the new video screen. Depending on the section, if you are too far back (double letters) your view of the screen may be obscured which can be a bit annoying especially with action on the other side of the field. Avoid the vertigo inducing upper levels of Reliant if possible, but if budget requires, pay particular attention to row numbers as there is a huge difference between the first 10 rows and the last 10 as Reliant is incredibily vertical (rise of 250 feet most of which is in the 600s/700s).

4) Final warning about live NFL games. Maybe, I'm just jaded, but I think the NFL is the one major sport that an argument can be made that it's better on TV than live. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to love and you'll see things you never catch on TV, but unlike college football where the buzz, atmosphere, and "show around the show" makes up for some of what you miss without all the replays, yellow lines, and insights, I generally find myself leaving frustrated at the ignorance of many Texan fans who still seem like they got free tickets from a neighbor rather then being passionate about the team. I also find the Texans gameday presentation a cheezy ripoff filled with bad music, shameless rodeo-style patriotism, and schlocky heartstrings tributes but the cheerleaders are nice to look at. Tailgating is a big deal at Reliant, but doesn't offer much for the out of towner.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reliant Stadium seating advice Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:

My wife and I went last year to the Ravens game. My advice, don't waste the money on those seats. We sat in the gridiron level (600s) middle of the field and the seats were great. You see everything fine and the players are not small or anything weird. That was always my fear. Being "too far away". If I had to pick the best seats (based on my opinion) I would say the 300s.

The Bull pen (or endzone seats) are great for the experience not the view. Those are crazy loud fans but the view is very limited.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Reliant. Their backyard is literally the parking lot to the stadium. We were lucky that our room faced the stadium.

I advise hitting up Texans Bar and Grille. the food is average and the price is high, but the scene is awesome and there is some really cool stuff in there.

PM me if you have questions as i just went through this process.
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice everyone. I bought my mezzanine tickets for the Rams game. I should have done more research on service fees and parking passes, since I think I overpaid a bit, but I'm pretty stoked to go to my first NFL game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: