Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs expect to trade for FB Anthony Sherman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Mike, if you need a hug, I'm here bro. I know you loved Javy.

There BETTER be something us fans don't know about. Some behind the scenes bs. Otherwise I am LIVIDDDD. WTF!?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javier's name was brought up in the "Elephant in the Room" discussing possible cuts. It's gotta help KC realize some cap savings. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Sounds like he didn't want to be on KC anymore..his agent was pushing for a trade since we signed Smith and Robinson? Fair enough I guess.

I'll miss you Javy Sad

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Javier's name was brought up in the "Elephant in the Room" discussing possible cuts. It's gotta help KC realize some cap savings. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

No not at all. His $ was minimal. Like I said though I believe he was due to be a FA after this coming season wasn't he? Maybe they decided to move him because they had no intention of bringing him back. I dunno. But again makes no sense the timing and why not take someone else in draft at that pick rather than waste pick on FB from KSU.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's for Arenas, there better be more than Sherman coming with him. Lie a 5th rounder IMO.

If we can't find a really good FB in the late rounds (like we just attempted to do) or even as a UDFA (Zach Line), then something's wrong.

^ryknowssd on the sig
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

No not at all. His $ was minimal. Like I said though I believe he was due to be a FA after this coming season wasn't he? Maybe they decided to move him because they had no intention of bringing him back. I dunno. But again makes no sense the timing and why not take someone else in draft at that pick rather than waste pick on FB from KSU.

I actually kind of like the move. Braden Wilson isn't a natural FB, he is more of an H-Back. Sherman is a good young FB, who can play on all the special teams units, which IMO we needed help with. We should cut DiMarco and the other FB (DImperio?) to free up roster spots. Arenas was lost in the shuffle, and was in a contract year. Wylie and McCluster I think will end up being better than Arenas as a punt returner. IMO, we pretty much traded to get our starting FB for Arenas, who was probably going to be cut by the new regime, even though I thought he was a good slot cb.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy it. Yeah we should cut the FBs on our roster anyway but there were options in draft and even right after draft as UDFAS at FB position. Feel like we wasted a pick on the ksu fb and gave much more value in the CB to zona for the FB unless there is a pick or something coming our way that hasn't been reported.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Javy really didn't want to be here, then good bye Javy. The initial mini-camp had Smith playing nickel, so there is that. Trading for a FB after drafting Wilson is interesting to me, but this does clear some cap space and it gets a guy out that didn't want to be here AND more importantly our new regime had ZERO connection with.

I don't like or dislike the move really, just find it interesting. And the current FB situation clears two Pioli Pets off the roster.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith would get destroyed in the slot. I don't buy any of the bs that Arenas wasn't happy here. I can see that they don't see him in their long term plans and don't plan on offering him a contract after season so decided to move on but still again why waste the pick on the FB in the draft if they wanted Sherman.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. My. God.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not like one tiny bit at all.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:9/Yds:23/TD:0/YPC:2.6
Rec:5/Yds:23/TD:0
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Albert is going to be shipped the Cards as well?

Maybe there is a larger packaged deal going on behind closed doors.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
You think Albert is going to be shipped the Cards as well?

Maybe there is a larger packaged deal going on behind closed doors.

...or maybe someone heard about trade negotiations going on between the two teams and assumed it had to do with Albert? Very real possibility.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
If it's for Arenas, there better be more than Sherman coming with him. Lie a 5th rounder IMO.

If we can't find a really good FB in the late rounds (like we just attempted to do) or even as a UDFA (Zach Line), then something's wrong.

This x 10000.

We just traded a 2nd round solid CB for a 5th round mystery FB that according to some Card fans thought would be cut anyway......

Do. Not. Like. At. All.

PS Javier was the 2nd rounder we traded Tony for btw. Geez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that Arenas wasn't happy at all with being our 4th CB. I remember when we signed Dunta Robinson, Arenas tweeted something about a writer, calling him stupid or something for saying that Arenas wasn't going to be a starter. I don't remember exactly what happened there.

But yeah, this one sucks. It feels like we've just traded Arenas + our 6th rounder for some unknown FB. Our 6th rounder since we just spend that on a FB. All while we already had a FB who looked good last season.

Cardinals would have been stupid not to accept this deal. And no team would have gave us a late round pick for Arenas?

This sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: