Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs expect to trade for FB Anthony Sherman
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefsfaninCR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Chiefs expect to trade for FB Anthony Sherman Reply with quote

Chiefs HC Andy Reid uses a FB in his version of the WCO. Sherman was a fifth-round pick in 2011. Unconfirmed rumor is that the Cardinals were targeting a CB in the trade in return, possibly Javier Arenas.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/329628389164077056

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ln3uue

Looks like the Wilson pick was not a random pick. Looks like Reid is really going to use a FB. And I love it.

Was on the Sherman ¨Tank¨ bandwagon when he was coming out of collage. He was a team caption and a 4 core special team AS at Connecticut. Great hand out off the back field.

He can also line up as an HB/TE.

Don´t know what Reid, Pederson, and Childress are up to, but we are loading up at FB.

Also I thing trading Javi is a positive. We have one of the best if not the best CB core in the NFL right know with Flowers,Donta,Smith, Brown, Commings.

Maybe Reid like the more bigger and fiscal DBs. Maybe we can get a conditional pick in 2014 for Javi. Sad to see him go, one of the best nickel corners I seen in my short life.

Thoughts?

@AlexanderHump
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per AP:

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs have added another player to the backfield with the announcement of a trade for Arizona Cardinals fullback Anthony Sherman. Adam Caplan reported the rumor, and the Star's Adam Teicher confirmed the news that brings an interesting emphasis on the fullback position in recent days.Sherman is a 24-year-old fullback selected by the Cards in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played in 29 games the last two years after playing collegiately at Central Connecticut State. He was a small school find for the Cardinals under former head coach Ken Whisenhunt, but the Cardinals have clearly moved on in their offensive philosophy.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Per AP:

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs have added another player to the backfield with the announcement of a trade for Arizona Cardinals fullback Anthony Sherman. Adam Caplan reported the rumor, and the Star's Adam Teicher confirmed the news that brings an interesting emphasis on the fullback position in recent days.Sherman is a 24-year-old fullback selected by the Cards in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played in 29 games the last two years after playing collegiately at Central Connecticut State. He was a small school find for the Cardinals under former head coach Ken Whisenhunt, but the Cardinals have clearly moved on in their offensive philosophy.

This is incorrect. He went to UConn. Sherman is a great ST player and a good blocker. He's already a good blocking FB who has decent hands. We're only trading him because he we don't use a FB in our new system.

If it's true we'd be getting Arenas in return I'd be ecstatic. I assumed we'd just cut Sherman.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid IMO. I had a feeling Reid would want to use a fb more on his offense which is why I was interested in the Harvard kid and even Pryor as an Udfa then we spend pick on ksu kid assuming they like him for the role now we are gonna trade one of our only nickel back options for another fb??? And I don't even think we can count on commings as cb depth as I think he will end up at fs.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Stupid IMO. I had a feeling Reid would want to use a fb more on his offense which is why I was interested in the Harvard kid and even Pryor as an Udfa then we spend pick on ksu kid assuming they like him for the role now we are gonna trade one of our only nickel back options for another fb??? And I don't even think we can count on commings as cb depth as I think he will end up at fs.

Agree. Why trade for a FB when you just drafted one? Especially if Javys gone.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Juszcyck, the kid from Harvard, would have been a great pick if you guys wanted a FB. Probably as good blocker as Sherman but with far better route running and receiving skills.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An odd move, considering what's now on the roster, but I really love it. I was very high on Sherman as a draft prospect, and he as a Chief is just another push forward for me as a KC fan.

6th rd pick spent on a FB... having D'Imperio or DeMarco be damned... you have now upgraded your FB position, IMHO. Just don't know what you traded to get him yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head scratcher. I sure hope we didn't trade Javier for this guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's official we traded Arenas for hiim. A young CB comfortable playing the slot with return ability also for another FB awesome.

And why exactly did we draft the KSU kid??
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/329651116683968512

Quote:
The #Cardinals-Chiefs trade: It's CB Javier Arenas to AZ, FB Anthony Sherman to #Chiefs, sources confirm.

Better be the next T-Rich. Evil or Very Mad

jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BECAUSE.......wait for it........Andy has a plan. JA is expendable now w/the other DBacks and we don't need him for PR. Maybe a conditional next year....we don't know. But even without one, I'm good with this trade.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/329651116683968512

Quote:
The #Cardinals-Chiefs trade: It's CB Javier Arenas to AZ, FB Anthony Sherman to #Chiefs, sources confirm.

Better be the next T-Rich. Evil or Very Mad

pfft not even close. If we wanted a more trich guy to work with we should have jumped all over Pryor who went undrafted or spent the needed pick on the harvard kid in the draft.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
BECAUSE.......wait for it........Andy has a plan. JA is expendable now w/the other DBacks and we don't need him for PR. Maybe a conditional next year....we don't know. But even without one, I'm good with this trade.

Yeah we will see how "expendable" JA is the first injury we see hit our secondary. And guess what not every CB can play nickel. We shall see who is ready to step up and do that. Still a lot of questions surrounding our secondary.

The only reasoning for me is I believe JA is in his contract year and they have no plans of bringing him back. But if that's the case why not do this before the draft and then not use the pick on the KSU FB if indeed they REALLY wanted Sherman.
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, if you need a hug, I'm here bro. I know you loved Javy.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just mind boggling.

We had three FB on the roster already when we drafted Wilson out of KSU with our 6th rounder. That boggled my mind.

Now we trade our starting nickel CB (and we will play Welker, a slot receiver, twice a year until he retires) for a former 5th round FB??????????

MIND. BOGGLING.

What is going on in this front office? I know they probably have a plan, but at this point in time, my boggled mind is struggling to see exactly where that plan is leading us.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: