Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Re-run
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: 2013 Draft Re-run Reply with quote

Now that the draft is over and as a whole i think we are quite optimistic with the decisions that were made on draft weekend so if you were in Mr.Idzik's shoes who would you have picked??

Taking trades out of the equation and the Chris Ivory trade into consideration list the players you would of took had you been in charge....

Obviously we cant assess the draft until a few years from now but still worth knowing peoples opinions...
JIMiney_GREEKet

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me some time but i think that we had an awesome draft. The only pick that i hate is campbell in the sixth. I would have taken mike catapano there but i guess thats in hindsight knowing that he went in first pick of seventh round. I also think that bohanon could have been had in free agency but im not complaining. I also like the ivory trade but if it didnt go down i would have taken quinton patton in the fourth or kyle juszchak from harvard then pick up maysonet in fa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik had done the draft right except the trade for Ivory.
neauone

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: If Reply with quote

If I could do it over this is how i would have it fall, Warmack, Star, Winters, Amerson, Ivory, Zach Rodgers, Kevin Reddick, Matt Scott.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: If Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
If I could do it over this is how i would have it fall, Warmack, Star, Winters, Amerson, Ivory, Zach Rodgers, Kevin Reddick, Matt Scott.

Lemme get this straight... you would have us draft a guy in the 5th that we got as an UDFA...... glad you're not the GM lol.

Also you have us taking Winters in the 2nd round..... we got him in the 3rd. So you would rather have us take the OG that we got in the 3rd one round earlier to avoid any chance of gettin the top ranked QB in the draft at pick #39

David Amerson went in the 2nd round so he won't even be there in the 3rd.

Not to be rude but terrible just terrible.
richie jets

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 chance,2 eiffert.3 jamie collins,4 ivory,5 best of the undrafted qb's left,6 patrick ommameh g ,d'rick rogers,( last 2 were udfas but we didnt get them )
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
1. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2. Tank Carradine DE Florida State
3. Keenan Allen WR California
5. Oday Aboushi RT/OG Virginia
6. William Campbell OG Michigan
7. Tommy Bohanon FB Wake Forest

In the first, I was completely stunned we didn't take Chance Warmack over Dee Milliner. I question Dee sometimes while I have no doubt Warmack will be a stud. He also fills a hole.

Now I think Sheldon Richardson will be a great UT. However, I'd rather go for the Safety here, who I also think will be great. This will help us fill another need as well.

Geno Smith was incredible value for us. I will not argue that. However, I am not a fan of his. I do not see it in him. Meanwhile Tank Carradine should develop into a beast pass rusher. Pairing him with Coples, Wilk, Barnes, and Ellis will do wonders for us.

Brian Winters was a very good pick. But with Chance in the fold, I feel like we can take a chance on Kennan Allen. He is a very talented WR that dropped because of poor speed.

The last picks were all good picks. I was tempted to try and select a pass rusher like Brandon Jenkins or Quanterus Smith over Oday but opted to enhance the depth of our OL. Also, with Kenny Vaccaro on board, we didn't need to select Baccari Rambo.

That would be my personal draft if I was able to do it the way the draft fell. However, I know many people aren't fans of Keenan Allen or Tank Carradine so I expect criticism. Also from the Geno Smith fans.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
1. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2. Tank Carradine DE Florida State
3. Keenan Allen WR California
5. Oday Aboushi RT/OG Virginia
6. William Campbell OG Michigan
7. Tommy Bohanon FB Wake Forest

In the first, I was completely stunned we didn't take Chance Warmack over Dee Milliner. I question Dee sometimes while I have no doubt Warmack will be a stud. He also fills a hole.

Now I think Sheldon Richardson will be a great UT. However, I'd rather go for the Safety here, who I also think will be great. This will help us fill another need as well.

Geno Smith was incredible value for us. I will not argue that. However, I am not a fan of his. I do not see it in him. Meanwhile Tank Carradine should develop into a beast pass rusher. Pairing him with Coples, Wilk, Barnes, and Ellis will do wonders for us.

Brian Winters was a very good pick. But with Chance in the fold, I feel like we can take a chance on Kennan Allen. He is a very talented WR that dropped because of poor speed.

The last picks were all good picks. I was tempted to try and select a pass rusher like Brandon Jenkins or Quanterus Smith over Oday but opted to enhance the depth of our OL. Also, with Kenny Vaccaro on board, we didn't need to select Baccari Rambo.

That would be my personal draft if I was able to do it the way the draft fell. However, I know many people aren't fans of Keenan Allen or Tank Carradine so I expect criticism. Also from the Geno Smith fans.

While I'm OK with how Idzik drafted, I'd take this draft 10x out of 10 over his.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9- Chance Warmack
13- Sheldon Richardson
39- Jamie Collins
72- Keenan Allen
106- Chris Ivory trade, I like Ivory over the RB's here at this point.
141- Oday Aboushi
178- Cornelius Washington
215- Da'Rick Rogers

However with that being said, I really didn't mind the draft we had. It's the typical hate it at first, how did he do it later on type of draft.

Kudos to mack.
jets81keller

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Milliner
1) Eifert
2) Geno
3) Winters
4) Patton
5) Same
6) Same
7) Maysonnet

Thought Eifert and Patton would have helped out our new OC but I still like our draft this year, give it a solid B
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1(9) Chance Warmack
1(13) Dee Milliner - assuming the Raiders stick with Hayden
2(39) Tank Carradine
3(72) Keenan Allen
4 - traded to New Orleans for Chris Ivory
5(141) Kenny Stills
6(178) Bacarri Rambo
7(215) Tommy Bohanon

Personally, I would've felt drafting Warmack and throwing him into a competition with Colon, Peterman, and Ducasse would've been enough. Dee falling to 13 would've been questionable, but possible. If he were gone, probably would have to stick with Richardson or go Vaccaro. As of now I wouldn't have taken Geno simply because I feel like we need to add talent around the QB first

New York Sack Exchange Redux
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
1(9) Chance Warmack
1(13) Dee Milliner - assuming the Raiders stick with Hayden
2(39) Tank Carradine
3(72) Keenan Allen
4 - traded to New Orleans for Chris Ivory
5(141) Kenny Stills
6(178) Bacarri Rambo
7(215) Tommy Bohanon

Personally, I would've felt drafting Warmack and throwing him into a competition with Colon, Peterman, and Ducasse would've been enough. Dee falling to 13 would've been questionable, but possible. If he were gone, probably would have to stick with Richardson or go Vaccaro. As of now I wouldn't have taken Geno simply because I feel like we need to add talent around the QB first

I don't think San Diego would have passed on Milliner.
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-9- Dee Milner
1-13- Jarvis Jones
2-39- Robert Woods
3-72- Brian Winters
4-106- Ivory Trade
5-141- Oday Aboushi
6-178- Bacarri Rambo
7-215- Tommy Bohanon

I really wanted Jones - I think he should have been top 10 easy. I wanted us to get a play maker and Woods is one. Also wanted a S and the way things fell liked Rambo in the 6th.

With that all said ... I like our draft. Not hot on Geno but, hey, if he was the top QB on our board (prob on many boards too) then why not? I can live with the real draft though.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-9- Dee Milliner
1-13- Star
2-39- Geno ( fantastic Value)
3-72- Brian Winters
4-106- Ivory Trade
5-141- Oday Aboushi
6-178- Bacarri Rambo
7-215- Da'Rick Rogers

That is my Redo and I like what we did in the draft and grade it as an A- to B+.

Wish we would of picked Rambo in 6th.

I love to hate the Red Sux
YANKEES RULE THE UNIVERSE!
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9. J. Jones. OLB
13. D. Hopkins Wr. (It's only a reach if you can get him in the 2nd)
39. J. Taylor CB
72. T. Armstead OT
106. P. Thomas. S
141. J. Randle RB
178. J. Baca OG or J. Kruger DE if we resign Moore
215. C. Gragg TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: