Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Vikings as of right now

Tier 1
1. QB [Obvious]
2. CB [Multiple]
3. LB [Any Linebacker as Greenway seems to be regressing]
4. S [A Great Coverage safety beside Harrison would be nasty]

Tier 2
1. LG [RG could be potentially upgraded but it's much more sorely needed at LG]
2. NT [A good replacement for Phat Pat is still yet to be found and the defense has never been quite the same since he left]
3. RB Depth [Just don't see Toby coming back and AP is coming up on 30.]
4. DE [I believe the Vikings will go forward wtih Robison and Griffen, If thats the case it would just be another 3rd DE for the rotation.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
RollTide99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets Needs:
1.WR
2.DE/OLB
3.S
4.RB
5.TE

JMG on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
Jets Needs:
1.WR
2.DE/OLB
3.S
4.RB
5.TE

OG too, if we don't retain Willie Colon.
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags need:

1. QB
2. C, G
3. DE
4. OLB
5. RB
6. TE
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Bills: Top 3 needs, anyways, IMHO.

#1. A young, relentless, pass-rushing 3-4 OLB/DE to pressure the QB on the other side of Mario Williams. Khalil Mack would be an ideal selection.

#2. A quality starting left guard. I don't think they look for one in the 1st round, but if they did, they'd almost certainly have their pick of the litter.

#3. A true receiving threat at the TE position that creates automatic mismatches. I can't tell you how pleased I would be if we drafted Ebron in the 1st.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats Needs:

Interior O-Line (G or C)
NT
TE

Depth:
SS
DT (UT)
CB
DE
LB
bigcatJC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Panthers, our top 3 needs:

OT
WR
CB

Not necessarily in that order.

If we draft an OT in the 1st round, he better be a left tackle type. We need help on both sides, but we're going to need a left tackle soon. Gross is getting up there in age. I can handle a right tackle in the 2nd or 3rd, just not in the 1st.

WR, same as OT. Steve Smith is getting up there and dropping too many passes that hit him in the hands. We'll need a play-making #1 WR soon. Can't afford to draft a complimentary WR in round 1.

CB may end up as the 1st round pick due to how the talent stacks up. Most boards I've seen have the CBs falling to the lower end of the 1st round rather than higher. In other words, not as much elite CB talent. It looks like we'll be picking in the lower half this year. #1 WRs and LOTs may be gone when we pick.

J. R. R. Tolkien
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams Needs Updated 3/28

1. FS - Rams had a second year undrafted free agent starting at the position, McLeod, who is probably more of a 3rd safety than starter.
2. OL - Saffold resigned and he can play OT if Long isn't ready at the season's start. Rams have a hole at LG. OT is a need but more of a 3rd OT. They could still end up with a 1st round OT if they end up loving one of the top prospects and they could kick them inside to LG upon Long's return.
3. CB - Rams cut Finnegan, so they need another corner to play the nickle at minimum. Rams play in the nickle formation a lot.
4. WR - Rams may need another depending on how front office feels about Quick/Givens development. Could be an early pick in the draft.
5. DT - Need more depth behind their starters Brockers and Langford.
6. Backup QB - The Rams have signed Hill and may draft a QB in later rounds to develop
7. RB - Could see them spending a late pick to add more competition behind Stacy.

Last edited by STLRamsFan99 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 15 times in total
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Well, as of right now here's how I see it for the Chargers:

OLB - The biggest Achilles heel of this season's Chargers defense has been a lack of pass-rush, particularly from the edge, which has trailed out to all those other things which lack of pass-rush tends to expose/prevent like inability to generate turnovers. Dwight Freeney will be 33 and coming off of season ending surgery. Jarret Johnson is more run-defender than pass-rusher and may become a cap-casualty. Melvin Ingram has shown plenty of potential, but to this point that's all he is - and he's coming off an injury. Moreover, Ingram is a significantly better fit as a SOLB because of his ability to play the run and drop into coverage, so the team still has a great need on the weak side where we simply lack any kind of quality athleticism. One of the two most pressing needs on the team.

NT - Cam Thomas is in a contract year and a make-or-break season which has been far, far more break than make. The only guys behind him on the depth chart are rookie UDFA's Kwame Geathers and Byron Jerideau. The defense has regressed notably and Cam not only fails to get push but gets pushed back consistently, and his lack of playing such that he demands double-teams (as his predecessors Aubrayo Franklin, Antonio Garay, and Jamal Williams all did) has directly led to a regression in the production of his starting line-mates Corey Liuget and Kendall Reyes, both of who looked in 2012 poised to become a truly special duo. This is the only need greater than edge-rusher on the team, if only because of scarcity of the position.

Interior OL - I realize that many people look at the Chargers roster, see the name King Dunlap and think that there's no way the LOT can't be a need. And yes, if the concussion issues persist with him, that may well be the case. However, Coach Joe D'Alessandris' blocking scheme is less about having "studs" at the positions and far more about chemistry, teamwork, and having the athleticism and size to carry out the job. Look at D'Alessandris' past lines in Buffalo and Kansas City, very rarely did he require a premium pick be spent on the players to produce high-quality lines (most of the lines were constructed out of 2nd round and later prospects). The fact that DJ Fluker (someone who many felt as a prospect would have to kick inside to guard) has been able to be serviceable as the teams LOT in past weeks, illustrates this point. However, on the interior of the line Chad Rinehart is a UFA, Jeromey Clary is overpaid (will be 4th-highest salary on the team next season) for his below-average ability, and Nick Hardwick is in the twilight of his career. Johnnie Troutman has shown he can very likely fill one of those guard spots, but if Rinehart isn't re-signed, guard is a pressing need (lest the team be forced to keep Clary), and ideally, the team would likely like to have whatever successor to Hardwick is brought in deputize at guard for a season or two, as Coach D did with Eric Wood.

RB - Everything about how this front office handled the running back situation this offseason signals that they're going to give Mathews one final (first under this administration) chance to prove he can stay healthy and be a consistent contributor, but otherwise he's likely headed for the unemployment line. Doubt this will be viewed as a 1st round need, particularly given Whisenhunt and McCoy's recent tendencies towards RBBC. I doubt this is even a 2nd or 3rd round look, unless someone with 1st round grade falls to round 3 (a la Keenan Allen this year). But at the very least, someone will be brought in to take Ronnie Brown's duties and to push Mathews.

SS* - The asterisk is largely because this team doesn't need a traditional in-the-box safety, if the guy can't cover he's pretty worthless in our system. However, Brandon Taylor has been "healthy" and back in practice for quite some time now and has yet to push Marcus Gilchrist from the position. Gilchrist is, ideally, a better fit at nickel back. And in our system, if we can create viable pass-rush, quality safeties are of greater import than top-notch corners.

CB - Currently a lot of question marks. This is largely because it's been truly difficult to get a gauge on any of our corners because of lack of pass-rush and many of them being played largely against their strengths by our current scheme/coordinator. We've largely taken corners who are better fit for press-man and played them off-man with 8-yard cushions and then provided them minimal pass-rush. Under those conditions most corners would fail. Either way, with the way in which Derek Cox's contract was structured, he's going to get at least another year before he becomes a cap casualty. 2013 draft pick Steve Williams will be returning from the IR as a relative unknown but a 4th round investment all the same. A corner being drafted on the first two days wouldn't shock me in the slightest, but if we don't address the pass-rush or continue to set our secondary up to fail with scheme, no matter how good a corner prospect is, he's going to do us little good.

OT - This position is in somewhat the same state as WR was with the 2013 draft, not a glaring "need" despite what some may want to paint it as (due to us not having "a stud"), but if incredible value were to fall to say the 2nd or 3rd round (i.e. a player a full round or two higher in terms of value), I could see the front office spending the pick on the position. We like big, athletic dancing bears though - and typically guys who can play multiple positions (i.e. tackles that can play guard, guards that can play center, centers that can play guard).

WR - Not a huge need, but I can certainly see the team looking into a project guy who might offer something in terms of height, return ability, and gadget-play use. Vincent Brown has regressed this year. Malcom Floyd is getting long in the tooth and simply doesn't stay healthy for full seasons. The thing is, Rivers has shown he can work with just about anyone capable of running the correct route and catching the damn ball. The coaching staff has already intimated that we'll see lots more of Ladarius Green moving forward, so until such a time as Gates retires, there will likely be more two TE sets deployed or Green will be split out in the slot.

5-Tech - Yes, even with Liuget and Reyes on the roster. Fact remains that with the two drafted so closely together that if both pan out well, we'll likely only be able to retain one realistically under current salary cap structure. We've benefited from both managing to stay healthy this season as well, but our depth isn't all that fantastic at the position - Sean Lissemore shows promise, as does Lawrence Guy, but certainly not anything to the level yet that you pass on fallen value on Day 3 if it's there.

ILB* - If Donald Butler leaves in free agency (which isn't likely, but possible) this jumps up above everything but OLB, NT, and CB/S, unless the team plans to kick Ingram inside (not likely). Either way, the team could stand to upgrade in the later rounds in terms of depth as all our ILB's have battle injuries this year and last.

Bumping with update.

Should be noted that the Chargers don't draft at straight need, rather at the "Best Value on the board at one of several positions of need".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL

DE-Osi's over the hill and the rookies are nothing more than mediocre

DT-Babs is decent but otherwise the cupboard's bare

OT-We're stuck with Baker for a while, but Lamar Holmes should be replaced at RT

OG-Reynolds is godawful, Blalock isn't much better

C-Hard to give up on Konz so quickly but he has shown nothing to this point

FS-Decoud is one of the most overrated players in the league

OLB-I like Worrilow at MLB but we need depth on the outside

Returner
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strat wrote:
ATL

DE-Osi's over the hill and the rookies are nothing more than mediocre

DT-Babs is decent but otherwise the cupboard's bare

OT-We're stuck with Baker for a while, but Lamar Holmes should be replaced at RT

OG-Reynolds is godawful, Blalock isn't much better

C-Hard to give up on Konz so quickly but he has shown nothing to this point

FS-Decoud is one of the most overrated players in the league

OLB-I like Worrilow at MLB but we need depth on the outside

Returner
Blalock is muuuuuuuuch much much better than Reynolds. Still, OG is undoubtedly our biggest need.

Falcons Needs, in order:
1) RG
2) DE/Pass Rusher
3) DT

4) C
5) OT
6) FS

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
49ers_52

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (Updated: 2/27/14)

List of Picks:
1, 2 KC (A.Smith), 2, 3 TEN (13 Draft), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 NO (P.Haralson), 7 CAR (C.Jones), 7

Major Needs:
CB - Brown, Wright and Cox are FA's and Brown will likely go elsewhere for more money. Rogers will likely get cut unless he restructures. Leaves Brock & Culliver as 1/2 and Wright or Cox (whoever is re-signed) vs a high pick (1st/2nd) for the #3. Loser would be the #4 spot. Darryl Morris will be a ST guy and the likely #5 or 6 guy. Could also see a 3rd-5th rounder taken as well and he'd end up 5 or 6.

SS - Whitner could be gone. If he is we would trade up for Clinton-Dix or Pryor or take one in round 2. If he is back maybe mid-late round depth to challenge Craig Dahl.

WR - Manningham very likely won't be back, he was a good WR when healthy but he can't stay healthy. Boldin should be back for 2-3 years. Baldwin restructured but could still not make the team. Osgood should be re-signed for ST, he was outstanding. I see it as Crabtree, Boldin, Patton vs 1st/2nd, loser of #3, #5 could be Chuck Jacobs (PS) or 3rd-5th Rd guy, #6 Osgood ST.

C or C/G Combo? - Kilgore was just extend so he should be the future at C. Could see us getting a 3rd round-4th round C/G combo guy to compete with him/backup C and G spot.

Possible Depth Needs:
DE, 3rd T, 2nd and/or 3rd QB

Edit: Update - Cam Johnson 7th Rd from Colts is for 2015, Not This Year.

Last edited by 49ers_52 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers_52 wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (Updated: 12/06/13)

List of Picks:
1, 2, 2 KC (A.Smith), 3 TEN (13 Draft), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 CAR (C.Jones), 7 INDY (C.Johnson), 7 NO (P.Haralson)

Major Needs:
CB - Brown and Wright are FA's and Brown will likely go elsewhere for more money. Rogers will likely get cut unless he restructures. Leaves Brock and Culliver as 1/2 and Wright if re-signed/High Pick for the #3. Darryl Morris will be a ST guy and the #4 or 5. I think we use a 1st or 2nd on a CB to play #3/4. Maybe another mid rounder if Wright isn't back or just to compete with Morris for 5/6.

SS - Whitner could be gone after this season. If so not sure I'd use a 1st on a SS unless it's Clinton-Dix and we convert him to SS. I think 2nd round is better value.

WR - Manningham and Boldin are free agents after this year. Leaves us with Crabtree, Patton and Baldwin (unless cut) for next year. Could be anywhere from a 1st to 3rd round need depending on if Boldin and/or Manningham are back. Could even go with 2 guys if Manningham isn't back. Crabtree, Boldin, Patton/High Pick, DP and/or Baldwin

C? - Goodwin will likely be gone to save money and get younger. Depending on if they believe in Kilgore or not could be a high need. Could see us getting a 3rd round C/G combo guy to compete with Kilgore.

Possible Depth Needs:
DE, 3rd T, 2nd and/or 3rd QB, C/G Combo (if no C taken earlier)

Potential Outlook:
1.CB 2.SS 2.WR 3.CB 3.WR/DE/3rd T/CG Combo
3.Goldson Comp? (If so 1 of options not taken with last pick.)

It's hard to say without knowing who will be back but CB and WR will very likely be picked high. SS as well if Whitner is gone. After that we have plenty of options with 2 or 3 3rds (goldson comp?). DE, 3rd T, CG Combo, WR, QB are all possible picks from the 3rd on out.

I'd agree with the positions, but I think the 49ers will put a heavier emphasis on the wide receiver position during the draft rather than cornerback. I think they are comfortable moving forward with Culliver and Brock on the outside, and I feel like they'll resign Wright and Morris is still in the fold. I think they'll draft one fairly early (likely 2nd or 3rd), but I don't see any way in which that first round pick is anything other than a wide receiver. Boldin and Manningham are both free agents, and while it's possible they resign Boldin (depending on what he's asking), I think Rio is all but gone. Baldwin will almost assuredly be a salary cap cut (that was pretty much the entire reason we traded for him I think, and the cap savings would be about 1.5). That basically leaves the team with Crabtree and Patton.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Packers (in no particular order)

QB - We've seen the Packers with Aaron Rodgers, and now without him. And without him, it's ugly. The Packers certainly aren't going to invest a high pick into another QB since they just gave Rodgers that mega-extension so it seems more likely they'll grab a late round developmental guy like an A.J. McCarron to be the #2. The Packers do like Scott Tolzien, and Matt Flynn has history so there will likely be a competition for that last spot.

TE - Even before Jermichael Finley ended his season ending injury, he was a free agent at the end of the year. Between the medical uncertainties and his past contractual demands means that he could end up leaving Green Bay. Our #2 TE, Andrew Quarless is a free agent at the end of the year as well but he hasn't really shown much development after his return from his gruesome knee injury. Behind that, they've got a special teams ace (Ryan Taylor) and a pair of tight ends the Packers coaching staff was high on but short in production. The role of the TE in our offense is up for discussion, but there is no doubt that a big time TE threat could really open up offense.

OT - Right now, we've got three offensive tackles (Bryan Bulaga, David Bakhtiari, and Derek Sherrod) for two positions. Problem is that none of them have seemed to be able to take a hold of a position and keep it. Bulaga is coming off of ACL surgery this year, and Sherrod finally got his first meaningful snaps almost two years after his ugly leg injury. Hopefully we will see more of him before the season ends to find out what we've got. David Bakhtiari has filled in admirably at LT, but he hasn't been great. Many viewed him as a potential center prospect leading up to last year's draft, so there is a possibility that injuries and FA departures could see him move to center. The Packers probably won't invest a high pick into this position unless they see a top not tackle fall to their spot.

C - EDS is a free agent to be, and JC Tretter who was drafted to be the long term center had a bad ankle injury that shut him down for the year. Reports are coming out that he's looked good in recent weeks when he's started practiced but he hasn't played a meaningful snap here. The Packers could also opt to move Bakh here if Derek Sherrod shows he can play well down the stretch.

ILB - AJ Hawk and Brad Jones are both well below-average players, as both are liabilities in different ways (Hawk in coverage, Jones against the run). Jamari Lattimore looked good in limited playing time, but he hasn't been able to get the starting ILB spot away without injury. The problem is that ILB isn't a high valuable position in our defense, so it's unlikely they invest a high pick here. Upgrades are definitely needed, but given Ted's tendencies it doesn't seem likely. After all, Ted gave Brad Jones an extension earlier this aeyr.

OLB - Clay Matthews and Nick Perry are two very good pass rushers, but even then do you really want to wear them out by playing 80% of the snaps? No, they're going to get worn down so adding a third pass rusher is the smart thing to do to help keep Perry and Matthews fresher and hopefully will prevent them from getting more injuries.

CB - This has a LOT to do with FA. Right now, Sam Shields is set to hit free agency and Tramon Williams could very well be a cap casualty. Right now, we've got our #1 (Sam Shields) and slot (Casey Heyward) corners but that #2 corner really hasn't developed like we had hoped. Davon House shows glimpses, but then gets burned the next play and Micah Hyde is a rookie this year. I could see them investing a semi-high pick into a corner, but probably not a first round pick.

FS - This by far our #1 need, and has been since Nick Collins wasn't medically cleared to return from his neck injury. Ideally, we'd pair a centerfield FS type next to Morgan Burnett.
49ers_52

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

I'd agree with the positions, but I think the 49ers will put a heavier emphasis on the wide receiver position during the draft rather than cornerback. I think they are comfortable moving forward with Culliver and Brock on the outside, and I feel like they'll resign Wright and Morris is still in the fold. I think they'll draft one fairly early (likely 2nd or 3rd), but I don't see any way in which that first round pick is anything other than a wide receiver. Boldin and Manningham are both free agents, and while it's possible they resign Boldin (depending on what he's asking), I think Rio is all but gone. Baldwin will almost assuredly be a salary cap cut (that was pretty much the entire reason we traded for him I think, and the cap savings would be about 1.5). That basically leaves the team with Crabtree and Patton.

I think Boldin will be back for another year or 2 and if he is then they are picking for the #3 WR to fight it out with Patton assuming Manningham is gone. Baldwin could be cut you are right. I would agree could very well be 1st round WR even if Boldin is back but if not no doubt should be 1st round. If he is I'd be fine with anything from 1-3rd round and someone to compete with Patton for #3. As for CB I see Wright coming back but not sure he is a #3. Maybe 4 and Morris 5. I think Wright will battle the pick for the #3 spot and could be anywhere from 1st round - 3rd round. I guess I should say 1. CB/WR 2. whatever not in 1st 2. SS but the 2 seconds will likely only be a few picks a part so not sure it matters if I put SS or CB/WR first. Oh and back to WR Crabtree is also a FA so we could be picking to replace him but I don't think that happens. I'd tag him in 2015 if we can't work something out even if it cost 10.5-11 mil. I hope he wants to be back and gives us a good deal since he already made 38 or so from his rookie deal. I hope it's something like 5 years 45-50 million. 55-60 we might do but that's pushing it. I'd probably max out at 50-55...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: