Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Lions in 2014-(I'm going to piggyback onto IDOG's list...with the perspective of watching for 4 weeks)

1: TE- Our 2 starters are FA's, so we might need to address this
(I think it's almost a given Pettigrew and Scheffler will not be re-signed. Fauria is a nice surprise but he has limited speed and is never going to be considered a blocking TE. Michael Williams is the blocking TE. I wouldn't be surprised if a receiving TE with good speed like a Jermichael Finley isn't taken early.)

2a: RT- Currently we have a open competition here. If no oneshows that they area goodstarter we couldaddanother playerhere.
(I don't think RT is an issue. Hilliard has done a very nice job there. Fox is a free agent, who when healthy is above average...problem being he hasn't been healthy very much. I believe LaAdrian Waddle is the future at RT.)

2b: WR- We could use another WR to stretchthefield if CoreyFuller can't.
(I would put this at 1b. They have about 10 people (Including RB & TE) who can man the slot, but not one guy to play across from Calvin (Patrick Edwards is too small) who can play outside. Fuller is about 3 years away from being a legit WR.)

4: OC- Raiola is getting older, and Bill Nagy isn't a sure thing. We should add someone to compete with Nagy
(Leroy Harris (instead of Nagy) is the backup to Raiola now. The problem is both are UFA after this year. Raiola added 20 pounds but looks 5 years younger...how does that happen? Unless Raiola decides to retire at the top of his game, I think he's in Detroit for 2-3 more years. I liked what I saw from Harris and like that he can play any of the interior positions. I hope he is re-signed but if not and Raiola does retire this becomes a real need.)

5a: OLB- Same as RT, it's a open competition and we could stand to improve here.
(OLB is a real need. Levy is playing MUCH better than I thought he could, but Ashley Palmer looks like a backup / special teams ace to me. Whitehead looks like a wasted pick. Rocky McIntosh was an upgrade over him and while I have nothing but respect for Rocky, I believe he's @33-years-old and will be an UFA. So they not only need to find a starter at OLB, but need to find a replacement for their backup olbs.)

5b: DE- If Ansah, Devin Taylor, and Jason Jones can't get the job done, we could add more pass rushers. This need isn't likely though.
(Jason Jones was much better than I thought he was going to be, but he's on IR now and I'm not sure what will happen next year. It is hard banking on a guy you've seen so little of in this scheme, and don't know what he'll be like when he returns. Willie Young and Israel Idonije are UFAs after this year and I would like to see them both back. However, with as much $$ as has been invested in this area...I could see them making sure it becomes dominant by taking a good balanced DE early.

7: Overall depth- Depth is always needed
(I'm going to list them because they are important.
CB is an area almost every team tries to upgrade because you can never have enough...plus Bill Bentley has not seemed to progress and Rashean Mathis is older and is a UFA.
S is a borderline starter-backup position. Delmas, despite how great he's played this year is always a threat for being out because of his regenerative knee and Don Carey stinks and is an UFA after this year.
RB: Joique Bell needs to be re-signed. Bush has been awesome but he isn't the sturdiest RB so you need a contingency plan. Joique has been a wonderful #2RB but its not a given he re-signs. LeShoure will be gone. And then the cupboard is bare.
QB: Shaun Hill is an UFA and as much as Kellen Moore has progressed, I quake at the thought of him having to start a game if Matt goes down.
K: Does David Akers re-sign and do they want him. He's not the future and when he was signed my vision was that they intended to draft a PK in 2014 but I don't know if they have snuff pick.)

Needs
1a. TE
1b. WR
1c. OLB
4a. RB
4b. S or CB
6. OC
7. DE, QB, K, OC
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB
2. LEO
3. OG
4. C
5. OLB
6. RB
7. MLB
8. RT
9. TE

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Locker comes back and continues to improve I'd say

1.) CB - Assuming Verner isn't resigned
2.) DE - Pass-Rusher
3.) MLB
4.) SS - Assuming Pollard isn't resigned
5.) DT
6.) OT
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated through four weeks:

1. QB
2. 3 down MLB or OLB - depends on how Erin Henderson plays at MLB
3. 1 Tech. DT
4. CB Depth - could use competition for Josh Robinson at slot CB; possible starter over Cook
5. OG
6. S
7. WR - Simpson and Webb are free agents
8. RB - Gerhart probably wont return
9. DE
10. TE

I am assuming that Jared Allen, Brian Robison, Everson Griffen and Chris Cook all return to the Vikings next year.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals Team Needs (through five weeks)

1. QB - Dalton is clearly holding this team back, and although a replacement is unlikely after this season, it will be my #1 need until I see a lot of improvement.

2. C - Kyle Cook is average at best, and has a cap number approaching 5 million. It would be nice to see an upgrade made here, though the Bengals seem reluctant to do so.

3. DE - Michael Johnson is a free agent, Rob Geathers is coming off a season-ending injury and Margus Hunt is a while away from being an everyday player. Another high pick may be spent here.

4. CB - Pacman has been torched this year, Hall and Kirkpatrick are always hurt, and Newman is aging. We may need to make multiple moves at this position, including adding some youth.

5. SLB - Harrison is a decent stop-gap, but our LB depth is poor, at best. We need some youth here, as well, who could really learn from Harrison. The Bengals like to convert college DEs to SLBs.

6. WR - A luxury here, but Baby Hawk and Sanzenbacher are only on one year deals. A big, redzone target would be nice, but we have the TEs for that. This WR would preferably be a developmental project, or a strong STs guy.

7. KR/PR - With Tate a FA (and being awful at returning), a new returner will be needed. This could be a later pick at WR, CB, or RB.

8. OT - Anthony Collins has been a great backup, but he'll most likely want a shot at starting. A serviceable veteran or mid-round pick would fulfill this.

Other:
SS - If Mays doesn't re-sign
OG - a depth player, someone to push Boling
TE - Alex Smith is a FA, last year of Gresham's contract

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 OT - Saffold is a FA after this season and Long has had minor injuries for the last couple years.

2 FS - Our safties need an upgrade.

3 G - Neither guards are consistant and both are older and could easily be replaced.

4 DT - Somebody to play next to Brockers and occupy the middle would be a huge upgrade for this team. Position could be double dipped with a late rounder also.

5 CB - Finnegan has been horrible this year. Fisher could go into next year with Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson starting with a youngster coming in nickle spot.

6 QB - Somebody young to develop. Even if it's not starter quality Clemens and Austin Davis have no business being backups in the NFL.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense

CB - Our depth has been tested this season and could be the final piece to a good young defense.

DE - Pass rush addition is always welcomed

S - If we loose Jairus Byrd

Offense

OL - Bills have a hole at LG and meh at RT... Manuel would benefit

TE - A pass catching TE would be good for Manuel
dsorc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Texans:

Definite Needs:
RT - Derek Newton, our current starter, seems to have forgotten how to kickslide. We drafted Brennan Williams last year but he just had microfacture surgery so there is a chance he never plays a down in the NFL. Please keep in mind that we are a ZBS teams so this guy needs to be agile/mobile.

QB - Would make a lot of sense to draft one in the first round even if Schaub does get it together.

Dependent on FA:
DT (1-technique and/or 3-technique)- Both Earl Mitchell (NT) and Antonio Smith (WDE) are free agents. With Antonio, he primarily lines up as a 3-technique so that is likely the type of player we would grab to replace him instead of a traditional 3-4 end. If Mitchell is not re-signed, we'll be looking for a 4-3 NT instead of the prototypical 0-technique. At least that's the way we've been playing recently.

RB- Ben Tate will be a good starter for somebody else next year. This would probably be a late round pick.

OG/C - Wade Smith (LG) is a FA. If we use Ben Jones as his replacement we would need another center. If we use Quessenberry as his replacement we need another guard. Mid to late rounder.

TE- Garret Graham (#2 TE) is a FA and hopefully will be retained. If not we'll likely spend another late round pick here.

FS - Only if Ed Reed decides to retire.

Minor Needs:
ILB#2- The need here can be overstated by fans. Scheme dictates that ILB2 is a part-time run stopper. The only way we fill this early (round 1 or 2) is if we are planning to switch to a nickle sub-package instead of dime which would dictate that the ILB we draft needs to able to cover.

CB - Nickle corner Brice McCain has been inconsistent. We lack depth in general at outside CB as our #3 and #4 are slot-only guys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks more than likely that Phil Emery will completely re-work the Defense following 2014 like he has in the past two seasons on Offense.... Entering the draft I'd say our top needs will be in order:

1. DT- With Henry Melton coming off an ACL injury, and Nate Collins coming off an ACL injury, Paea will be entering his contract season AND we're currently in the bottom 5 in the NFL for rushing yards allowed... Needless to say DT is a big time need.

2. CB- Tillman and Jennings are both Free Agents, more than likely one will be resigned and one will walk, the most likely of the two is veteran Charles Tillman. Regardless, CB will be a top 3 need on this team without question. I'd venture to say this position gets sold high by Emery in Free Agency, someone like Alterraun Verner.

3. DE- With Julius Peppers set to have a cap hit around $19 million, unless a drastic contract restructuring occurs, he will have to be released. The starter opposite him is Corey Wootton who is also a Free Agent after this season, consider it a top 3 need.

4. C- Roberto Garza will be a free agent, he's 34 years old, and one of the bottom 5 Centers in the NFL. Need I say more?

5. S- Major Wright is a free Agent, Chris Conte is a free agent in 2015. Both have been weak spots so far this season and IMO both need to be upgraded, however, with the amount of Defensive needs I don't think it's realistic both are addressed. One definitely should be this offeason though.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated needs for the Falcons:

Top Priority/First Day Needs
- DT- Jonathan Babineaux is a free agent who is on the decline, while Corey Peters, also a FA, is inconsistent. Neither are ideal fits for the 3-4 either, which I would imagine Mike Nolan (or a new D-coordinator) would like to play more of.

-OL Everyone has seen the epic disaster that our offensive line is this season. Sam Baker has been awful, but his contract makes it impossible to move on from him. Lamar Holmes has improved, but he can't play RT. Blaock is solid, but he's regressed some and is getting up there in age. Garrett Reynolds shouldn't be starting ever again and Jeremy Trueblood shouldn't be a starter past this year. We need a new starting RG and RT at the very mimumum. Someone like Tiny Richardson, who can play both RT and eventually, LT is ideal.

-Pass rush. Osi has been a pleasant surprise this season, but he's not a long term player. The FO can't ignore the pass rush again.

Not as pressing needs

-LB. Joplo Bartu and Paul Worrilow, both UDFAs from this year, have both been pretty good when suddenly thrust in starting roles. I wouldn't mind seeing another LB added to the pile, however.

-TE. Gonzo is retiring, obviously, but our TE depth should hold us over for now. Nothing more than a third day pick or a mid-level FA (or Jimmy Graham, should he hit the market) is needed.

-WR depth. With Julio Jones and Roddy White down, our receiving corps just went from top-5 to bottom-5. With Roddy nearing the tail end of his career, we need serious depth here.

-FS. Thomas Decoud has suddenly regressed without much explanation. I have faith in him to turn it around, but a fifth round pick or so to push him wouldn't hurt.

Not at all needs

-RB. I don't know if Steven Jackson is going to come back next year, but we have too many needs to spend any picks on RB. Snelling and Rodgers are fine in terms of depth.

-CB. Our rookie CBs have both been pleasant surprises this year, and we have good depth here. No picks needed here.

-QB. Duh.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
jerb2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: For the Patriots Reply with quote

Probably in this Order
DT- Wilfork insurance and somebody that can play alongside him in the 4-3 and be on the field in the 3-4 at either the 0 tech or the 5 tech
OG- The interior just gets eaten by any team with a decent pass rush
C- Same as OG
S-McCourty has played well in his switch, but the patriots need another Rodney Harrison-esque center-fielder
WR-Rookies and injuries won't get it done, most likely addressed in FA
TE-The Patriots could really use another Aaron Hernandez
CB- One of the brighter spots on defense IMO, but Aquib Talib is a FA at the end of the year and if he isn't resigned, then this is priority #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers Needs

OL - We need bodies along the OL that can keep Cam upright. In my opinion, all positions minus center are draft worthy in my eyes. We even need good depth for those of you doing a late round mock. This is easily the number 1 need.

WR - We need play makers for Cam, simply put. Smith is not getting any younger, Ginn/Lafell are free agents. A guy that can be our #1 to a guy that only appears in 4 WR sets is fine here.

Secondary - We can always use good guys in the secondary. Our front 7 seems to be able to control most of the game; we just need smart, instinctive guys who can not get beat.

TE - Cam did a lot better when we had 2 solid pass catching TEs at his disposal. We have Brandon Williams who is a basketball convert; but he's not seen much playing time. Wouldn't mind picking up a guy in later rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Team Needs Reply with quote

49ers_52 wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (Updated: 10/07/13)

List of Picks:
1, 2, 2/3 KC, 3 TEN, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 CAR, 7 INDY, 7 NO
*KC's 2/3 (8-8 or Better = 2nd For Smith, 7-9 or Worse = 3rd)
*TEN 3rd (Draft Trade from 2013 Draft)
*CAR 7th (Colin Jones), INDY 7th (Cam Johnson), NO 7th (Haralson)

Major Needs:
CB - Only Rogers and Culliver are under contract after this year. Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock are all FA's. Rogers will likely have to restructure or get cut. I think we try to re-sign Brown but he likely will go elsewhere for more money. Could leave just Culliver under contract for 2014.

SS - Whitner could be gone after this season. Likely round 1 or 2 need.

WR - Manningham, Williams, Boldin, Moore are all free agents after this year. Leaves us with Crabtree, Baldwin and Patton for next year. Depending on who is back could be a need by round 3 or earlier.

C? - Goodwin will likely be gone to save money and get younger. Depending on if they believe in Kilgore or not could be a high need.

Possible Depth Needs:
DE, 3rd T, 3rd QB

Potential Outlook:
1.CB 2.SS 2.WR 3.CB 3.WR/DE/3rd T/CG Combo
3.Goldson Comp? (If so 1 of options not taken with last pick.)

We'd need a back up too Laughing McCoy is a free agent, and I highly doubt that we resign him.

As it is, I pretty much completely agree with this. I think we are likely to resign two of our own corners, Brock seems like a lock, and one of the Matt's kicked around that the niners were, "trying to do right by Brown". I imagine Wright, Nnamdi, and Rogers are all gone, so with those two guys, Culliver coming back, and Cox (restricted free agent, so we'll probably tender and re-sign), a rookie corner in the first wouldn't be required to play immediately.

I think we will re-sign Whitner or get a safety on the free agent wire. If it's anything like this year, we will have our choice. There were plenty of quality safeties available late into free agency.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns
1. q.b. with 2 first rounders use one on a q.b.

The rest our needs but I'd go b.p.a. with these.

w.r.
r.b. probably 2nd or 3rd round
off. lineman either a guard or tackle
i.l.b.
c.b. a tall one

those above are pretty equal.

Depth
safety
tight end

That is all for now.

One other note we have all of our picks plus the Colts 1st and 4th rounders and the Steelers 3rd rounder.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
mxr124

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers needs

TE - Finley's neck injury leaves his career very much in doubt. His contract is up at the end of this season too. Sad

S - Need someone to pair up with Burnett back there.

ILB - Hawk playing strong this year. Need more depth at this position.

WR - J. Jones, Cobb, and Nelson's contracts are coming up soon. Going to be tough to resign all three. TT likes to find his WR gems in the 2nd round.

C - EDS has been strong recently, but bringing in some competition would be a good thing.

CB - Time to cut Tramon Williams. He has regressed a bit and is due a big chunck of change in 2014. Would still have the depth to develop a guy though. Don't need a day 1 starter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: