Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami interested in Tebow??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I do believe Tebow deserves a shot as a back up, he wont get it here. We are set with Matt Moore. Tebow would fit best in SF or SEA where he would be the backup clearly, but still possessed similar skills as the starting QB, so he would do ok in that system. CLE may be a good landing spot too I have a feeling the Weeden experiment will fail.

IDK if Tebow will get a shot again, but he should. I mean McClain is in Baltimore and he is well... Brick wall stupid. Honey Badger gets a shot in ARI, Da'Rick in BUF. Heck Vick in PHI.The only wrong choice he made is to go to NYJ. He shoulda went to JAC no question

So do I want him here? No, not really. But there are places for him, and honestly there are a few viable options out there for a backup QB that are worse than Tebow.

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tebow cannot play QB in the WCO, so let's eliminate that position. agreed
2. He has never played any position well. Neither had Antonio Gates bvefore they took him off the basketball court and put him at TE
3. The rumor that TE is a possibility is a joke, because TE is easily the 2nd or 3rd hardest position to learn on the field. He has never been taught to block (See: Egnew, Michael). He has never been taught to run routes or had to be a true receiving threat. (Look how effectively Egnew was as a receiving only TE.) I would take a chance on rolling with Egnew who is a top-flight athlete at the position. Tebow is actually a very smart football player. There is a huge difference between being able to make 3 reads in 3 seconds and having to learn plays and route trees. Tebow is MORE than capable of that. As for the rest, see the Antonio Gates comment and look at Jimmy Graham. Also, I'm not suggesting he be a straight up TE. I'm suggesting an H-back, which is sort of a utility player. I fully believe if given the chance Tebow could be a lead blocker, and carry the football, and run some routes.
4. He's not a RB, FB or anything else. Not yet
5. A gimmick QB is useless when developing a guy that you think is your franchise. agreed for the most part. A trick play or two to keep the defense honest is fine, and he would be useful in that way. But a gimmick QB would stunt his growth
6. If Tannehill throws 2 INT in the same game, the Tebow chants begin Only if we actually bring him in as a QB

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we seriously talking about Tebow???? The guy can't play football. I would not want this guy around my football team.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
carlos2104

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems like a nice kid, but I don't want him in any shape, way, or form. Like people have said, he's a terrible QB and the headaches(not really his fault) that accompany him won't help anyone. Tannehill is our future, no need to complicate anything.

Plus, all the trash talking I've done to my Jets fans buddies will come back to bite me.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to stick up for the Jets in any way shape or form. I mean the Jets plain out suck. Jets play the Patriots. I root for the Patriots. Jesus likes the Jets. I'm hanging with Satan.

But for Tim Tebow, the football people did what was best for the team. Woody Johnson wanted Tebow and so it was done. Tim is not at NFL quarterback at this time. He may develop into one over time but not this year or next year.

The problem is Tebow doesn't see it that way and neither do the people representing him. The Jets treated him as an NFL player should be. But Tebow wanted more, his backers wanted more even though Tim couldn't deliver more as an NFL QB. He struggled in practice, he had difficulty picking up the Jets offense yet behind the scenes moves were being made to push the Jets to start him. Little tidbits about how bad things were inside the Jets team were being leaked to the press.

Tebow himself stayed above the fray at least publicly, still he never told his representatives to back off or stop their maneuvering to belittle Sanchez at every turn. Hence, their shock when Sanchez was not replaced by Tebow but with Mcelroy. Inside the organization it became known that Tebow had become a divisive presence not the high character, going to bring the locker room together person.

Strangely enough the Jets took the high road and announced that his release was a football decision. It was but it was also more. I don't think we will see Tebow in the NFL anytime soon, he offers little at QB or in the locker room.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a circus type atmosphere that's a problem for me and honestly I think for every NFL team now. I feel bad for Tebow maybe some is deserved or maybe not but it has become impossible for a franchise to avoid the circus that is the Tebow. I wouldn't be surprised if he is not on a NFL team next year unless its a position change

Last edited by fishfan4life on Wed May 01, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have any interest in Tebow. If anything, Ross wants him to get some seats in the stadium. Ireland and Philbin will disagree. Patriots will take him as a #2 after they trade Mallet for a 2nd rounder.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOO

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
2. He has never played any position well. Neither had Antonio Gates bvefore they took him off the basketball court and put him at TE
3. The rumor that TE is a possibility is a joke, because TE is easily the 2nd or 3rd hardest position to learn on the field. He has never been taught to block (See: Egnew, Michael). He has never been taught to run routes or had to be a true receiving threat. (Look how effectively Egnew was as a receiving only TE.) I would take a chance on rolling with Egnew who is a top-flight athlete at the position. Tebow is actually a very smart football player. There is a huge difference between being able to make 3 reads in 3 seconds and having to learn plays and route trees. Tebow is MORE than capable of that. As for the rest, see the Antonio Gates comment and look at Jimmy Graham. Also, I'm not suggesting he be a straight up TE. I'm suggesting an H-back, which is sort of a utility player. I fully believe if given the chance Tebow could be a lead blocker, and carry the football, and run some routes.
5. A gimmick QB is useless when developing a guy that you think is your franchise. agreed for the most part. A trick play or two to keep the defense honest is fine, and he would be useful in that way. But a gimmick QB would stunt his growth
6. If Tannehill throws 2 INT in the same game, the Tebow chants begin Only if we actually bring him in as a QB

Antonio Gates is athletic, big, fast can high point a football. Tebow isn't that big at all, isn't really fast. Seriously, what can he do that Charles Clay can't do better? Clay probably can throw better too. Laughing

Tebow is a big QB (I guess he's big.) He's not really all that fast. He cannot block, and you don't just learn how to block in an offseason. He isn't fast enough to be useful as an h-back. Clay is bigger, faster, stronger, has hands, can actually run routes, can block, is younger etc.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
carlos2104

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Antonio Gates is athletic, big, fast can high point a football. Tebow isn't that big at all, isn't really fast. Seriously, what can he do that Charles Clay can't do better? Clay probably can throw better too. Laughing

Tebow is a big QB (I guess he's big.) He's not really all that fast. He cannot block, and you don't just learn how to block in an offseason. He isn't fast enough to be useful as an h-back. Clay is bigger, faster, stronger, has hands, can actually run routes, can block, is younger etc.
Also, we already have one QB who can catch an run routes better than Tebow.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:

Clay is bigger, faster, stronger, has hands, can actually run routes, can block, is younger etc.

This is actually inacurate. Clay is the same height. And weighed 9 lbs more at the combine. Tebow didn't bench press, but I would lay down a lot of money that he would have blown Clay out of the water in that department and could probably be even bigger and stronger if he knew he was changing positions. They had almost identical 40 times, but Tebow had a verticle that was 5" higher than Clay's, and his 3 cone was significantly better than Clay's. And yes, Tebow is 1 1/2 years older.

You are correct in that Tebow would have to learn to run routes, and catch. QB's actually tend to learn this pretty quickly as they already understand where the holes are int he defense, and what the QB would be looking for. He would have to learn how to block and it could take him a year, but I think he has a lot more core strength than someone like Clay, so as he learns I think he has the potential to be better than Clay here. I also think his field vision when running the ball or in space after the catch would be much better, his ability to break tackles would be better, and his push on a short yardage or goal line play would be stronger. So there is plenty of upside that a guy like Tebow could add to a program in that capacity, and could start as a role player and core special teams guy. Of course that assumes he is willing to do all of that. He may prefer to be a QB in the Arena football league?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross is about generating income. Tebow does that. It would not shock me if they brought Tebow in. Remember, this is the owner who did Hard Knocks.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Ross is about generating income. Tebow does that. It would not shock me if they brought Tebow in. Remember, this is the owner who did Hard Knocks.

Tebow really generated income in new york.... This is not Tony Sparano as head coach. Tebow only wants to play QB(or try). I think we have enough cheerleaders who wear skirts better

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
carlos2104

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow Miami Dolphins is trending on yahoo.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: