Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami interested in Tebow??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Miami interested in Tebow?? Reply with quote

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/14405/20130430/tim-tebow-rumors-miami-dolphins-interested-omaha-beef-indoor-football.htm

Personally, I have always said the guy should be an H-back. I think he could give Clay a serious run for his money. I'm assuming they don't want him as a QB? I'd be excited to see what he could accomplish as that FB/TE role. There is no questioning that he is a football player and a leader. Just having him in the huddle would be a good thing, if it wasn't as a QB. He could certainly teach Tannehill a thing or two about passion for the game, and leadership.

All of this is assuming he would want to make the switch to a role player.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically the Dolphins gave no answer on Tebow and that mean they are interested....I guess with the draft over they need something to talk about.

I would say a big fat NO....the media circus would be far too great for the benefits of having him on the team. HE has no real role on any team other then as a 3rd option at QB. Other positions? He has no experience, I'm not even sure he can catch, yes he is a decent runner, but he's not going to beat out either of the 3 RB's on the roster. If the guy couldn't get playing time in NY, he definitely won't in Miami.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would quit football if the Miami Dolphins sign Tim Tebow.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:

DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
patdt13 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
phinsforlife wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
none of you would

Sig: Ivana001
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns will sign him.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came out a couple of days ago that the phins called Jordan Reed from the gators and told him they were going to select him. Then the phins wound up trading back. Well, Reed would serve the same role as Tebow on the phins. I don't know why so many peaple hate on Tebow. Here would be my pitch to bring Tebow to the phins, to play as a hybrid FB/HB/TE.

1. Having Tebow means the phins can save some cap space and only carry 2 QB's. Teannehill and Moore. Tebow is more than capable of being the emergency QB.

2. Tebow can do everything Clay can do, but with better speed,and agility.

3. He can be dangerous in trick play packages.

Besides the haters out there, I don't see any thing negative.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
It came out a couple of days ago that the phins called Jordan Reed from the gators and told him they were going to select him. Then the phins wound up trading back. Well, Reed would serve the same role as Tebow on the phins. I don't know why so many peaple hate on Tebow. Here would be my pitch to bring Tebow to the phins, to play as a hybrid FB/HB/TE.

1. Having Tebow means the phins can save some cap space and only carry 2 QB's. Teannehill and Moore. Tebow is more than capable of being the emergency QB.

No he isn't...he is a very poor thrower and make poor decision passing the ball. The NFL game is too fast and too complicated for him. I would take Devlin in a heart beat over having Tebow attempt to run a WCO...

2. Tebow can do everything Clay can do, but with better speed,and agility.

Again, No. When has Tebow ever caught a pass? He is a decent runner as a QB, and did well with it in College but to be able to catch passes either in the slot or out of the backfield is completely different.

3. He can be dangerous in trick play packages.

Sure....lets be the gimmick team again Rolling Eyes

Besides the haters out there, I don't see any thing negative.

Besides the media Circus and the fact he doesn't have a position..

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he doesn't have a position, he doesn't fill a need, he occupies a roster spot and cap space, and he creates a media circus wherever he goes. What's to want?
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
he doesn't have a position, he doesn't fill a need, he occupies a roster spot and cap space, and he creates a media circus wherever he goes. What's to want?

His pretty eyes.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We brought in Les Brown last year to give him a shot. The only difference is he brings more attention, but he also brings a football accumen, leadership, and determination that is unquestioned. I have always been vocal about hating Tebow as an NFL QB. I'm a huge Gator fan, and I knew he would fail miserably in the NFL. But Tebow does not just succeed as QB running the ball. In college there were MANY times they knew he wasn't throwing the ball. The whole crowd knew what was coming. Tebow was going to get the snap and run the football right up the gut. And 95% of time he still got the first down or the TD. He actually has elite vision and elite power as a runner. He would be sort of a Peyton Hillis type. Except I think he could line up on the slot as a receiver and also be a lead blocker with practice. 3 things make him a good fit for Miami...

1. Ireland, Ross, and Philbin have never shied away from extra attention on their football team. We did Hard Knocks last offseason.

2. Tebow is exactly the mental makeup of the type of player Philbin wants on his team, and his attitude can be contagious.

3. They have shown interest in the past in taking a chance on moving a player to a new position (Yeatman), or taking a random shot on a guy (Brown) Tebow moving to H-back would be no different, other than the extra media attention.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
We brought in Les Brown last year to give him a shot. The only difference is he brings more attention, but he also brings a football accumen, leadership, and determination that is unquestioned. I have always been vocal about hating Tebow as an NFL QB. I'm a huge Gator fan, and I knew he would fail miserably in the NFL. But Tebow does not just succeed as QB running the ball. In college there were MANY times they knew he wasn't throwing the ball. The whole crowd knew what was coming. Tebow was going to get the snap and run the football right up the gut. And 95% of time he still got the first down or the TD. He actually has elite vision and elite power as a runner. He would be sort of a Peyton Hillis type. Except I think he could line up on the slot as a receiver and also be a lead blocker with practice. 3 things make him a good fit for Miami...

1. Ireland, Ross, and Philbin have never shied away from extra attention on their football team. We did Hard Knocks last offseason.

2. Tebow is exactly the mental makeup of the type of player Philbin wants on his team, and his attitude can be contagious.

3. They have shown interest in the past in taking a chance on moving a player to a new position (Yeatman), or taking a random shot on a guy (Brown) Tebow moving to H-back would be no different, other than the extra media attention.

Not hard when you are running behind the Pouncey twins...

As far as Tebow....I've said my part...I highly doubt he comes to Miami so I will leave it at that...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Not hard when you are running behind the Pouncey twins...

As far as Tebow....I've said my part...I highly doubt he comes to Miami so I will leave it at that...

He already has half that Tandem here! Actually, the Pouncy twins were awesome, but the rest of that O-line was nothing special.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tebow cannot play QB in the WCO, so let's eliminate that position.
2. He has never played any position well.
3. The rumor that TE is a possibility is a joke, because TE is easily the 2nd or 3rd hardest position to learn on the field. He has never been taught to block (See: Egnew, Michael). He has never been taught to run routes or had to be a true receiving threat. (Look how effectively Egnew was as a receiving only TE.) I would take a chance on rolling with Egnew who is a top-flight athlete at the position.
4. He's not a RB, FB or anything else.
5. A gimmick QB is useless when developing a guy that you think is your franchise.
6. If Tannehill throws 2 INT in the same game, the Tebow chants begin.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: