Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tajh Boyd in 2014 NFL DRAFT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Think you're getting a little ahead of yourself on hyping Boyd. Just like everyone has done with Bridgewater.

Locker, Barkley, Landry Jones, etc, etc. were all QBs projected as 1st round picks coming into the next college season. And what happened?

They have to prove it on Saturday's next fall. I don't even want to think about QBs until about November.

You are right, but the draft is a year long event... Makes the year go A LOT SLOWER....keeps me young longer lol..like a little kid waiting for Xmas

But I was more curious to see how you guys stacked Boyd up compared to the other qb's like bridgewater, and manziel who I don't think will come out next year

Boyd isn't terrible but Bridgewater is the only one I would want.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Think you're getting a little ahead of yourself on hyping Boyd. Just like everyone has done with Bridgewater.

Locker, Barkley, Landry Jones, etc, etc. were all QBs projected as 1st round picks coming into the next college season. And what happened?

They have to prove it on Saturday's next fall. I don't even want to think about QBs until about November.

You are right, but the draft is a year long event... Makes the year go A LOT SLOWER....keeps me young longer lol..like a little kid waiting for Xmas

But I was more curious to see how you guys stacked Boyd up compared to the other qb's like bridgewater, and manziel who I don't think will come out next year

As it stands today. A Matt Barkley (not comparing them) like season and that tune will change.

I personally think there are better QBs coming out in 2014. I don't expect Bridgewater's hype to last.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I'm not putting bridgewater down at all, I like him a lot from what I've seen. But I just like Boyd a little bit more. But I have seen more of Boyd than Bridgewater.
This year was probably the worst year to have a top pick that I can remember, I wish we could have had the issue of who do we draft; clowney? Bridgewater? Boyd? Etc.
but no, we're talking about taking warmack all year long lol..oh we'll, we probably will be in the running for a top 3 pick again
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just traded for a starting QB, drafted a QB and have (although the writing is on the wall for him) a young QB who (I think) deserves a shot to prove himself.

I'm not for us drafting another QB next year.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
We just traded for a starting QB, drafted a QB and have (although the writing is on the wall for him) a young QB who (I think) deserves a shot to prove himself.

Exactly. I don't feel we'll take one either. If we're in position to get any top rated QB, you better believe we'll get a Rams/Redskins deal. That would make me happier than drafting said QB

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

Exactly. I don't feel we'll take one either. If we're in position to get any top rated QB, you better believe we'll get a Rams/Redskins deal. That would make me happier than drafting said QB

Personally, I'd go Cowney no matter what given A) we're in position to pick him and B) he doesn't tank next year.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:

Well definitely not in the early rounds, that's for sure.
I was just about to post something like this.

Who knows how the roster can shift in the next year, so drafting a QB at all cannot be totally discounted. But it's safe to say if we are going after one in the first three rounds, pretty bad stuff happened in '13.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

Personally, I'd go Cowney no matter what given A) we're in position to pick him and B) he doesn't tank next year.

Assuming Clowney comes out, there's absolutely no debate about it. I doubt he tanks but it's certainly possible. He's done nothing but improve every season. Hell, he's the only reason I watched SC play as much as I did last season. Still a good team but I legitimately looked forward to their games.

I miss college football..... only a few more months.

PM sig requests.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

I am not going to say your right or wrong, you are entitled to your opinion. But why wouldnt you take a top qb if one were to emerge in the draft? unless I got a top 10 qb on my roster, you better believe I will take a qb I believe in.

I realize we are talking about this too early, because we have no idea how flynn is going to perform, but I am not going to pass on a qb I believe in because i drafted tyler wilson in the 4th round, or because I traded a 5th for flynn, and definently not because we got pryor.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to add onto my post, who knows whether boyd will have a horrible season next year, or any top qb prospect(including Manziel&Bridgewater). I was more bringing up this topic to see what some of you guys thought about Boyd.
But with that said, as much as I like Flynn I really doubt he's our qb of the future. Or tyler wilson.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

I am not going to say your right or wrong, you are entitled to your opinion. But why wouldnt you take a top qb if one were to emerge in the draft? unless I got a top 10 qb on my roster, you better believe I will take a qb I believe in.

I realize we are talking about this too early, because we have no idea how flynn is going to perform, but I am not going to pass on a qb I believe in because i drafted tyler wilson in the 4th round, or because I traded a 5th for flynn, and definently not because we got pryor.

Possible but it ultimately depends on what happens this season. Let's also not think Bridgewater is the next Andrew Luck prospect b/c he's not. If you're in position to pick him and you don't need to, traderape someone and get someone else. There will be better prospects in the future. Bridgewater isn't a once in a decade player like Luck.

PM sig requests.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me David Fales
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

Assuming Clowney comes out, there's absolutely no debate about it. I doubt he tanks but it's certainly possible. He's done nothing but improve every season. Hell, he's the only reason I watched SC play as much as I did last season. Still a good team but I legitimately looked forward to their games.

I miss college football..... only a few more months.

I dont think hes andrew luck, or RG3. But if Boyd builds off of last season. Manziel comes out (which I dont think he will), and Bridgewater comes out. I will be very curious to see how the draft plays out and whether clowney would be the top pick still. I would the opportunity to take clowney, and would probably buy my first raider jersey with confidence!
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Give me David Fales

How good is Fales? I only saw him in his bowl game and I was expecting a lot more. As close as I live to SJSU, and having gone there, I havent seen him play much at all
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:

If we're in a position to draft a top QB next year it will be because the ones we have couldn't get the job done in which case we'll definitely be in for a QB. Unless Wilson shows a lot in practice and does great in the last few games than I can't see us not taking a QB. IF Flynn sucks, Wilson looks like and back-up along with Pyror we'll be going QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: